Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick #14: Joel Farabee, LW, USNTDP --> Boston U

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Let’s hope. He’s got plenty of nice toys to play with. With their play, both frost and farabee should hopefully get good looks in camp. I only hope it’s not a predetermined decision like we saw this year with hextall and a couple of the prospects.

Hextall made the right decision with Frost, he needed another year to mature.
Farabee is NHL ready skillwise, only question is how much he'll have filled out by TC.
Players tend to make these decisions on the ice.

Where fans get stupid is with guys who are second tier prospects, or first tier prospects who aren't fundamentally sound (Sanheim, Myers).
You're not punishing these guys by putting them in the AHL for a while, you're trying to avoid throwing them in over their head.

Some guys are smarter, Patrick and Lindblom were more fundamentally sound as rookies than TK in his 3rd season.

Reactions: ArchAngel55

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Cates is a sleeper around here, I like him better than Vorobyev and ahem, Bunnaman.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Cates is a sleeper around here, I like him better than Vorobyev and ahem, Bunnaman.

Incoming!
Bx5ATZ.gif

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
DB482CDF-4FC3-4DAD-989E-CE723AB547B4.jpeg

Lol. I whited-out the first few sentences of this tweet because they were obnoxious. Farabee spending 3 years at BU would be taking the concept of risk-aversion to new heights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad