Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 14: Cam York, D, USNTDP --> Michigan

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
F97160C3-8454-4401-B972-C201CCF6F17C.jpeg

Sorry I’m on a Carchidi rant today, but seriously? If he actually wanted Boldy would he not have taken him at 11??? With the top 10 of this draft, York was in his T10?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I meant if youre targeting a 2nd pair offensive dman, you can get one in the 3rd round.
More like 3rd pair defensemen like Gostisbehere.
View attachment 239179
Sorry I’m on a Carchidi rant today, but seriously? If he actually wanted Boldy would he not have taken him at 11??? With the top 10 of this draft, York was in his T10?
Carchidi always has to get his opinion in there.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
i

14. Philadelphia Flyers: Cam York, D

Team: USA U18 (NTDP)
Ranking: 13 | Nationality: USA
Stats: 63 GP, 14 G, 51 A

Scouting report: York is often described as the modern-day defenseman. He jumps into plays with relative ease and has good instincts for when he has to get back. I thought his defensive game improved greatly over the past two seasons without sacrificing offense. His puck retrievals and sense for getting out of his own zone are among the best in this draft because he follows that first touch with decisive play. He still has to round out his game more and continue to build strength as an average-sized defenseman, but there's a lot to like in what he's done and how he progressed this season. -- Peters

Team fit: The Flyers did extremely well in trading down to get an extra asset (No. 45 overall) while still getting a defenseman who plays the game the way the NHL is going. The Flyers have been loading up on prospects in recent years and have some really good forwards, so why not nab a high-end offensive defensman to get the puck to them? -- Peters

Where York is most likely to play in 2019-20: NCAA (Michigan)

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/27016392/2019-nhl-draft-pick-pick-analysis

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
More offensive, less physical. I thought about it though.

I don't really have a comparable. A lot of people say Fowler, but he doesn't skate like that.

What about Ty Smith or Samuel Girard? Those names jump out at me in all 3-zones. They're more intelligent, smallish puck movers with poise and some pop than true dynamos.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
People need to calm down. This was not a bad pick.

I have nothing against York, but I'm sorry, passing on Caufield TWICE is pure buffoonery by a team that continues to make head-scratching decisions. Yet, who are we to judge considering all the Cups the Flyers have won in the last 44 years.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
What about Ty Smith or Samuel Girard? Those names jump out at me in all 3-zones. They're more intelligent, smallish puck movers with poise and some pop than true dynamos.
Good version of Matt Carle. :sarcasm:

Yeah I can see Ty Smith.

Girard's quickness, shiftiness, space creation is on another level even if he is road kill.

That's why I was maybe thinking closer to Fabbro?
Nah. Fabbro's not that skilled. Huge melon on that kid too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad