Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 14: Cam York, D, USNTDP --> Michigan

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
5'11 190-195 for a guy with his skill set is more than big enough, if he keeps progressing this season, that pretty much is the end for both Gus and Ghost,

2021:
Provorov - ???
Sanheim - Myers
York/Zamula - Braun
Hagg, Friedman, Hogberg, Wylie

I don't see Zamula in a top four role at 21 unless he really fills out over the next 12 months. With that slight frame, they'll want to limit his minutes until he gets stronger (remember, 2021-22 should be a full season, including playoffs that could be 100 games). So a move after the ED to fill that hole wouldn't surprise me, depending how they project York and Zamula, maybe a one year patch or a young RHD.

Of course, if Gus is a big hit this season with AV maybe they resign him after the ED, but that's a long shot.
If Ghost plays well enough to project on the first pair, he'll be claimed in the ED.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
5'11 190-195 for a guy with his skill set is more than big enough, if he keeps progressing this season, that pretty much is the end for both Gus and Ghost,

2021:
Provorov - ???
Sanheim - Myers
York/Zamula - Braun
Hagg, Friedman, Hogberg, Wylie

I don't see Zamula in a top four role at 21 unless he really fills out over the next 12 months. With that slight frame, they'll want to limit his minutes until he gets stronger (remember, 2021-22 should be a full season, including playoffs that could be 100 games). So a move after the ED to fill that hole wouldn't surprise me, depending how they project York and Zamula, maybe a one year patch or a young RHD.

Of course, if Gus is a big hit this season with AV maybe they resign him after the ED, but that's a long shot.
If Ghost plays well enough to project on the first pair, he'll be claimed in the ED.

I remember Wylie playing on the right against the Winterhawks. He is s right handed stick right? I’ve got high hopes for him. Coukd be a great partner for York

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
IncompatiblePettyDunlin-size_restricted.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I remember Wylie playing on the right against the Winterhawks. He is s right handed stick right? I’ve got high hopes for him. Coukd be a great partner for York

That's why the Flyers need the AHL this year and next year - they're gonna have to make some decisions about young players.
Hogberg, Wylie, Zamula this season, York, Millman maybe Andrae next year in the AHL (if York doesn't go directly to the NHL).
Same situation at forward, so if you can't see some guys play this year, it's tough to make decisions next year.

Reactions: flyersNducks

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
York is a stud. I’ve been supremely confident in that from the moment they drafted him. Very light on his feet, elite vision & passing touch (I’ve equated him to Drew Brees in the way he changes his passes according to the situation), & a very solid & smart defender despite mediocre size. He’s not a racehorse who just guns up the ice; he’s a quarterback & knows how to assess risk.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Michigan is stacked. York will definitely pad those stats so that will be great for his confidence/development.

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
I wish we could just skip the 2020-21 season and go straight to 21-22 when York and Brink will be part of our Stanley Cup team and the dead weight is traded or jettisoned to Seattle (JVR, Ghost, Gus)

Last edited:

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Been pretty quiet since his his first game of the year. If you take out his first game, he’s only hit the score sheet once in 5 games. Hope he’s picks it up a bit more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad