Pre-Game Talk: Round 1 of 7: Red Wings @ Lightning | 7:00 PM | Fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'm not saying the past doesn't matter, but let's stay in the present here. Andersson has spent the last few months playing AHL hockey. Now all a sudden we are citing that he was 3rd line center a few years ago for Babs? Who cares?

And talking up Richards... dude had a completely pedestrian regular season.

He had a pedestrian regular season last year, and a really solid playoffs.

Avery Rule

Jun 1, 2010
That sounds like a challenge ;) :

Cleary-Glendening-Pulkkinen
Tangradi-Andersson-Sheahan
Frk-Helm-Jurco
Abelkader-Tatar-Mantha

Lashoff-Ericsson
Quincey-Sproul
Kronwall-Ghost of Kindl

Monster
Cheveldae

;) ;) ;)

I would have Cheveldae backing up Essensa and I would have Lilja over Ericsson, and Krupp over Kronwall.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
I have absolutely no idea what to expect. If the Wings come out like they did against Philly last week we have a shot at winning this series. Not really banking on that happening though.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I actually expect the Wings to win this series. First time in a couple years that feels like a brain choice and not a heart choice. But I'll bookend this optimism by saying it exists due to the state of injuries hitting the Bolts.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Time to shine then. Let's see what you got Richards.

I'm not expecting him to go off or anything, but I do expect a slight uptick in his play.

I just think it would be funny if we made it to the ECF, I know for a fact there's people on this board that would complain about our draft pick going down if they win round 2.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I actually expect the Wings to win this series. First time in a couple years that feels like a brain choice and not a heart choice. But I'll bookend this optimism by saying it exists due to the state of injuries hitting the Bolts.
Johnson beat us almost singlehandedly last year and he'll miss 1 game at most. I fear we may put up a solid fight in the first 2-3 games then get overrun as our legs get tired.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
I just think it would be funny if we made it to the ECF, I know for a fact there's people on this board that would complain about our draft pick going down if they win round 2.

I dunno if that's true. I think most people here want the team to go as deep as possible -- we're just pessimistic about their ability to do that in light of their inconsistent play.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Don't really care which, but I do know that we need one of the first two to have a chance. Best chance probably tonight while they're still unsure about their physical status. Howard has to be massive.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Johnson beat us almost singlehandedly last year and he'll miss 1 game at most. I fear we may put up a solid fight in the first 2-3 games then get overrun as our legs get tired.

He won't be nearly as good. Almost impossible for him to be. He hasn't been when I saw him play this year.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Really wish Smith was playing.

I'm indifferent about that. He makes things happen... But for all teams. Marchenko is a safer play. Andersson is a safer play. Howard is a safer play.

Notice a trend? Blashill is all about the safe play when the season is on the line. Safe plays can work. We'll see, though. We're all right to be skeptical.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I'm indifferent about that. He makes things happen... But for all teams. Marchenko is a safer play. Andersson is a safer play. Howard is a safer play.

Notice a trend? Blashill is all about the safe play when the season is on the line. Safe plays can work. We'll see, though. We're all right to be skeptical.

Smith over E is a big upgrade imo. Way faster, better possession numbers, more production. Not like E is a stalwart on defense either so I don't give too much crap about Smith's liabilities in that respect.

We're playing a fast team, even if they're missing some key guys. I'd rather have more speed of our own than E. I mean. I'd rather have just about anything out there instead of Ericsson.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

Almost cost us the playoffs, tbh.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
He's talking Andersson up a ton.

But then will he actually give him more than 2 ****ing minutes of ice time?

What he says and what he does doesn't match up.

When the reporters constantly ask your coach about your 12th forward, your coach talks about your 12th forward a lot

Just like when reporters ask your GM about your young player who has done nothing special at the professional level, your GM talks about your young player who has done nothing special at the professional level

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
When the reporters constantly ask your coach about your 12th forward, your coach talks about your 12th forward a lot

Just like when reporters ask your GM about your young player who has done nothing special at the professional level, your GM talks about your young player who has done nothing special at the professional level

Sadly, most of our older players are not doing anything special at the professional level these days either.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I know what he meant, but Blash needs to work on his sound bites: "We wanted to have five forwards on our bench we were comfortable killing." Hahahaha.

Anyways, I love Blashill's penchant for bringing up something a guy has done at least a year ago. Particularly the ones who are old or just plain bad.

Seriously, why isn't Cleary up? Remember those great plays he had back in 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->