Pre-Game Talk: Round 1 of 7: Red Wings @ Lightning | 7:00 PM | Fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
We should be pretty embarrassed if we lose this series considering they are going to be without their number 1 center and number 2 defenseman, and that their number 2 center and number 1 defenseman are both going to be playing injured. Come on now.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Never had expectations lower for a playoff series, so can't say I will be disappointed if we lose. Hopefully they pull it together.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007

The one stretch the PP was effective the whole year was when Dats and Z were split up, and now their back together again on the same unit?

Babcock did the same **** constantly and it was infuriating then too. He would tweak until something worked and then immediately go back to a combo that didn't and stick with it.

If we are lucky we will make it to game 5. I almost hope we get swept so Dats last game can at least be at the Joe. Then I can stop watching the Wings until Holland is gone.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
We should be pretty embarrassed if we lose this series considering they are going to be without their number 1 center and number 2 defenseman, and that their number 2 center and number 1 defenseman are both going to be playing injured. Come on now.

yes , but we only going to use 3 lines and Datsyuk will play 20+ minutes a game

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Never had expectations lower for a playoff series, so can't say I will be disappointed if we lose. Hopefully they pull it together.

I get that our team doesn't instill confidence but no Stamkos and no Stralman is a big blow for Tampa. Johnson is a game time decision and hasn't been as good as he was last season even when healthy. Callahan and Hedman are also banged up.

I actually think we have a good chance at getting to the second round.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway

The one stretch the PP was effective the whole year was when Dats and Z were split up, and now their back together again on the same unit?

Looking at that and remembering Tampa's speed...I smell a shorty against that second unit.

But, we will win this 4-2 today!

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground

These are the Red Wings were talking about, even when the opponent is down and practically handing them the game they still find a way to screw it up. Continuing the wrestling theme from the main board:

3557225_o.gif

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013

Tampa has the better team even with all their injury struggles.

There's a reason why the majority are still picking them to win the series. Detroit is the worst team in the playoffs this year.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Tampa has the better team even with all their injury struggles.

There's a reason why the majority are still picking them to win the series. Detroit is the worst team in the playoffs this year.

And Detroit is setting themselves up with the worst version of their roster possible.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I get that our team doesn't instill confidence but no Stamkos and no Stralman is a big blow for Tampa. Johnson is a game time decision and hasn't been as good as he was last season even when healthy. Callahan and Hedman are also banged up.

I actually think we have a good chance at getting to the second round.

We just lost to a Rangers team resting half their starters with our 25 year playoff streak on the line...

Yeah, again, 0 expectations for this team.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
We just lost to a Rangers team resting half their starters with our 25 year playoff streak on the line...

Yeah, again, 0 expectations for this team.

And we vastly outshot them and heavily controlled the game

**** happens

We aren't a good team though

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Tonight's drinking game: shot of vodka every time AA touches the ice.

Perfect for everyone that has work tomorrow morning.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Reading Blashill's attempted justification of playing Andersson is hilarious.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
He's talking Andersson up a ton.

But then will he actually give him more than 2 ****ing minutes of ice time?

What he says and what he does doesn't match up.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
At least Holland's quotes are getting a little less flack and exposure.

This is why I don't give a damn about coach or GM interviews. They provide substance maybe 1% of the time. If you don't think there is a valid reason to put a player out there, the coach's explanation isn't going to change your mind.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm not saying the past doesn't matter, but let's stay in the present here. Andersson has spent the last few months playing AHL hockey. Now all a sudden we are citing that he was 3rd line center a few years ago for Babs? Who cares?

And talking up Richards... dude had a completely pedestrian regular season.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007

He needs to just come out and say "I am trying to ruin the Wings' best offensive prospect in years out of personal dislike".

It's the only explanation at this point. Same way Mantha was buried on the fourth line/scratched IN THE AHL all of last year. Blashill just doesn't like the guy.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

He's talking Andersson up a ton.

But then will he actually give him more than 2 ****ing minutes of ice time?

What he says and what he does doesn't match up.
What Flowah said. I actually don't think Blashill's comments about Andersson are that strange. Having 5 PK forwards? Yeah I can understand they want that. Has Andersson had some solid efforts in past playoffs? Sure.

But none of that matters if Andersson plays 2 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad