www.armoredheadspace.com
Swiped from Instagram.

Attachments

• C6B46900-6B5E-48EA-AD14-249280C650F1.jpeg
    C6B46900-6B5E-48EA-AD14-249280C650F1.jpeg
    425.9 KB · Views: 103

armedequation

Mar 1, 2019
Sweetness is one word i can sum it all up.

Someone had posted some makar stats earlier buy i cant find them now but it was toi and his stats when he was playing with barrie. If your listening can you point me in the direction of those please?
I want to set the record straight with someone who thought that he had a "shaky" second game

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The defensive defenseman have been great for this team in the playoffs. Not enough credit is going to them. Cole, EJ, and Nemeth have all been outstanding. Especially on special teams which the Avs rely on so much for their wins.

Blocking shots, being physical and hard to play against, boxing guys out and clearing the front of the net, having great sticks in passing/shooting lanes, and breaking up plays. Really sacrificing and giving every bit of 100% effort.

Bednar kept EJ out for the entire 2 minute PK on Cole's penalty in OT. He could have changed when they cleared the puck a couple times but he stayed on for a reason. These are the kinds of performances from defenseman that help you win games in the playoffs.

Props to this maligned D core. They've been a huge part of these wins after game 1.

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver
What really impresses me about Makar is how aware he is of what is going on around him. You see it most when he is keeping play alive offensive pressure going. I have not noticed him in the defensive zone which is about the best thing you can say about a defenseman with only two games of experience.
What about that sick play he made in game one to break up the pass, it goes right to a flame but then blocks the shot? I was freaking out about that, what a play. Pretty sure if that were any other D man of ours it would have gone off the skate and in like what always seems to happen.

Reactions: Boulder Avalanche

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
The defensive defenseman have been great for this team in the playoffs. Not enough credit is going to them. Cole, EJ, and Nemeth have all been outstanding. Especially on special teams which the Avs rely on so much for their wins.

Blocking shots, being physical and hard to play against, boxing guys out and clearing the front of the net, having great sticks in passing/shooting lanes, and breaking up plays. Really sacrificing and giving every bit of 100% effort.

Bednar kept EJ out for the entire 2 minute PK on Cole's penalty in OT. He could have changed when they cleared the puck a couple times but he stayed on for a reason. These are the kinds of performances from defenseman that help you win games in the playoffs.

Props to this maligned D core. They've been a huge part of these wins after game 1.

citizen_kane.gif

Reactions: Pokecheque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad