GDT: Round 1, Game 2: Colorado Avalanche @ Nashville Predators |Saturday, April 14, 1:00pm MT

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Avs are not playing a bad series. To be honest, it’d be split or they’d be up 2-0 if not for Nashville’s advantage in net.

Bernier hasn’t been awful, but he’s allowed at least one questionable goal in each game.

Yup. You don't want to blame Bernier, he is the backup on backup money and has done really well as a spot starter and, well, as a backup.....but you can't help but know in the back of your mind that Varly would have won at least game 2 -- as he would not have given up 2-3 of those goals.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
What has happened to Subban anyway, not dominant like he used to be. His lowest level is high but he is not at all playing up to his potential.

I'm so tired of all the praise the Swedish commentators gave Ellis yesterday. Renberg was like: This defenseman with a big beard, what's his name (?), he is so great, I love him so much. Referring to his beard multiple times during the game and not by his name. Probably the first game he has been watching with Ellis.

Conclusion: Renberg isn't following NHL very well these days and didn't do his homework before the game, he made a fool of himself. His conclusions after the game was ok but his analyze before the game was a big joke. It hurts because I always loved Renberg as a player for the Flyers and in SHL playing for Luleå. At least he admitted Avs was much better than he expcted.

I want Renberg to eat crow for his lack of respect he had for the Avs before the game and I want us to win two straight games at home.

Last edited:

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Thornton or Ovechkin cup please.
Ovi would be great.But i think with him it will be the same as with Ray Bourque - he needs to switch Teams to get the cup. Capitals window is closing and i don't see them getting very far this year.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAnd i'm still bumped that we lost this frickin game yesterday. Was right there for the taking and we blew it. But then again when you take a closer look at our d-core then you recognize that we did a hell of a job to keep it that close.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
The initial disappointment of yesterdays game has worn off, and I'm pretty happy with the Avs. Our team is probably around 75% healthy, getting bad bounces, bad calls, and facing an amazing goaltender. They could easily be heading home with a 1-1 split. The future is bright, and I would be extremely surprised to see the Avs get swept after their effort in Nashville.

I'm expecting a big game Monday. I can't wait until next season.

Reactions: MacBradley

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I'm not too upset about the loss personally. We're missing two out of our top 4 defenseman and our # 1 goalie. I'd like to see Nashville try to beat us at home without Rinne, Josi and Eckholm. We were unlikely to with either of the first two games even with everyone healthy. Let's just see what we can do at home. If we get swept I'll be unhappy, but if we win a couple at home I'll be okay with losing the series (not happy about it, but I'll accept it easy enough).

Last edited:

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
If our boys can hold serve at home, we’re in a three game series against the best team in the league. I think winning either of the first two would have been a luxury. I also think the Avs have showed in both games that they are capable of beating the Preds ON THE ROAD.

1-1 after the first two, we would have been ecstatic with, but however it has gone on the ice this 2-0 game count is the baseline expectation in every playoff series. Can’t wait to see them turn the tide at home #believe @Sea Eagles back me up here bro

Reactions: Sea Eagles and cgf

Draisaitl

Dude, where's Makar?
Oct 18, 2013
Berlin
giphy.com
What can I say? It's quite a bummer how both games went down, but in the end we werent clever enough to win even one of them. The refs have been awful to say the least, but there have been lucky calls in our favour too. But the whole f***ing Subban sliding into Barrie situation drives me absolutely nuts.

Nashville/NBC commentator( I dont know what is what, since the bias level was not acceptable anymore):
"Subban with a terrific defensive play!!!!"

When the reality looked like this:

colorado-nashville-game-two_ac37708x.jpg

I didnt know that you could just slide into an attacking player to clear the heat ffs. I dont even wanna mention what happened instead of getting a PP or letting Barrie just tuck it.........

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
The Avs passed up on some prime shooting opportunities yesterday. I remmeber Jost in particular deferring to a teammate when he was basically wide open in the slot. Even on the Barrie-Subban trip play, Barrie should not have waited that long to get the shot off. He had time to shoot before Subban could even get over. I'm not saying it shouldn't have been tripping, but they need to be more assertive.
I hope I never see David Warsofsky on a power play again. Goodness that was terrible. Zadorov would be a beter option if Girard is still not back.

Altogether these losses sting because the Avs were right there. Especially last game, some of the Preds goals were so preventable and just came as a result of dumb mistakes. If they can elevate their game just a bit more at home, whcih they tend to do, I see no reason why they cna't pick up 2 W's here. Well, I guess I can: goaltending. Bernier has to go on Bernier 10-game win streak mode.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
What can I say? It's quite a bummer how both games went down, but in the end we werent clever enough to win even one of them. The refs have been awful to say the least, but there have been lucky calls in our favour too. But the whole ****ing Subban sliding into Barrie situation drives me absolutely nuts.

Nashville/NBC commentator( I dont know what is what, since the bias level was not acceptable anymore):

I didnt know that you could just slide into an attacking player to clear the heat ffs. I dont even wanna mention what happened instead of getting a PP or letting Barrie just tuck it.........

I don't know what's worse, the play itself or the idiotic comment about the "terrific defensive play" lol!

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
What can I say? It's quite a bummer how both games went down, but in the end we werent clever enough to win even one of them. The refs have been awful to say the least, but there have been lucky calls in our favour too. But the whole ****ing Subban sliding into Barrie situation drives me absolutely nuts.

I would maybe change that word to HEALTHY

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Speaking of shoot more, Landeskog has this annoying play he keeps doing where he has the puck around the circles in the Nashville zone but instead of going forward, he circles back and looks for a pass. Like dude, you're the strongest forward on the team, drive to the friggin net and try to get a shot off.

Also, I don't really think that Subban tripped Barrie, it was after Barrie got his shot off even if he did, I don't really have a problem with that.

I'm just glad we're able to hang with them somewhat. I'm not all that optimistic about winning a game though because they have stretches where they dominate like yesterday when we went almost 10 minutes without a shot in the 2nd.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

Does this mean we were the most watched game yesterday of the games on NBC? Or just that more people watched it on NBC than the alternative broadcast?

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow

Does this mean we were the most watched game yesterday of the games on NBC? Or just that more people watched it on NBC than the alternative broadcast?

No, that means that the game was the most watched TV program during that time slot (in Colo/Nash). Which in all fairness isn't hard to accomplish concidering that this was an afternoon game.

But the 3.7 for the Denver area is a damn high number. (Networks these days are happy when their shows reach a 1.5 rating)

What that means is that ppl in Denver are finally intrested in watching some AVS hockey.

Last edited:

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
The Avs passed up on some prime shooting opportunities yesterday. I remmeber Jost in particular deferring to a teammate when he was basically wide open in the slot. Even on the Barrie-Subban trip play, Barrie should not have waited that long to get the shot off. He had time to shoot before Subban could even get over. I'm not saying it shouldn't have been tripping, but they need to be more assertive.
I hope I never see David Warsofsky on a power play again. Goodness that was terrible. Zadorov would be a beter option if Girard is still not back.

Altogether these losses sting because the Avs were right there. Especially last game, some of the Preds goals were so preventable and just came as a result of dumb mistakes. If they can elevate their game just a bit more at home, whcih they tend to do, I see no reason why they cna't pick up 2 W's here. Well, I guess I can: goaltending. Bernier has to go on Bernier 10-game win streak mode.

Couldn't agree more on the Warsofsky thing.

As for the shooting, I think they are a bit afraid of Rinne. Some guys seem to have it in their heads that he's so good that if they just shoot it, they won't score - they need to make a great play to get it past him.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
If our boys can hold serve at home, we’re in a three game series against the best team in the league. I think winning either of the first two would have been a luxury. I also think the Avs have showed in both games that they are capable of beating the Preds ON THE ROAD.

1-1 after the first two, we would have been ecstatic with, but however it has gone on the ice this 2-0 game count is the baseline expectation in every playoff series. Can’t wait to see them turn the tide at home #believe @Sea Eagles back me up here bro

It's actually great facing this team, because our young guys will realise what level we need to go to, and how consistently in order for us to compete for the playoffs and a cup. This experience is like money in the Bank. I love it, win, lose or draw.

Also, we've been really close. It's not like the Philly series where they keep seeming to blow each other away. We aren't far from the best team in the league.

I also think we can grow another leg at home.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com

I was watching the game with my fokes, who watch hockey about 3 times a year when we happen to get together...and even he said "that should be a penalty or something right?" after that happened and lead to a goal...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad