GDT: Round 1, Game 2: Colorado Avalanche @ Nashville Predators |Saturday, April 14, 1:00pm MT

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Jealous?

giphy.gif

Get going on that date RL! We have some .... business to conduct here and you can't be around for that.

It's a surprise.

Reactions: Barklez

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Nothing like a hard fought playoff series to get rid of those warm feelings about jumping on the Preds bandwagon afterwards. Screw those guys.

I still love PK though.
A. Not sure why anyone jumps on playoff bandwagons. I cheer for one team and that's the Avs. Even if they aren't in the playoffs I'm not cheering for anyone else. It's us or no one in my books.

B. There is no way in hell I'd cheer for the Preds after what I've seen the past two games. Obnoxious whiny divers for players, and an extremely arrogant fan base considering they've never won a damn thing. Both add up to a team that I can't stand.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
People who are upset about Avs losing this 2 games in Nashville, just remind yourself this....

Nashville is the best team in the NHL
Nashville has tons of experience and were in finals last year
Nashville has zero injuries.

Avs are the youngest team in the NHL
Avs finished last year with 48 points
Avs have very little playoff experience.
Avs don't have their best d-man, their #1 goalie and lost another top d-man for game 2

Yet they kept both this games close. I'm actually very proud of this team right now, yes you heard it right. Me saying I'm proud of this team, unless they finish next year with 48 points again:sarcasm:

Mark your calendars folks!

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
A. Not sure why anyone jumps on playoff bandwagons. I cheer for one team and that's the Avs. Even if they aren't in the playoffs I'm not cheering for anyone else. It's us or no one in my books.

B. There is no way in hell I'd cheer for the Preds after what I've seen the past two games. Obnoxious whiny divers for players, and an extremely arrogant fan base considering they've never won a damn thing. Both add up to a team that I can't stand.

Well when your team isn't in it/is eliminated, it's more fun to have a team you would like to win.

Reactions: MacBradley

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I more so jump on anti bandwagons than anything else. Last year I was all aboard the Preds bandwagon because I hate Pittsburgh.

The only way I'm rooting for Nashville now is if it's in the finals against Pit again. Otherwise I think Winnipeg, Vegas and SJ are easier to root for. The embellishing is just gross, and any team that steps on the Mild's throat I've got time for.

Out East I think my preferences are obvious lol.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The only reason against the Sharks coming out of the West, is that makes their bid for Tavares stronger lol.
LOL, I didn't think of that! I'd pick the Kings out of the West next, because I don't really feel strongly about them, but that's not looking great.

Vegas I just can't get behind. Nashville and the Jets are kind of the same for me. I don't dislike them very strongly, and I like some things about each.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I mainly cheer for certain teams to lose after the Avs are eliminated, like last season I was rooting for the Ducks to lose whatever series they played in.

This year, it'll be both the Ducks and Predators that I actively root against.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
There’s not many teams I don’t want to win. Ducks, Pens, Leafs are really the only teams I’d root against at this point. I really want the Caps to make some noise but, I don’t see that happening. I’d root for the Bruins the most out of the teams left though.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
There’s not many teams I don’t want to win. Ducks, Pens, Leafs are really the only teams I’d root against at this point. I really want the Caps to make some noise but, I don’t see that happening. I’d root for the Bruins the most out of the teams left though.

Of the top teams, Washington has probably the most difficult 1st round opponent.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Avs are not playing a bad series. To be honest, it’d be split or they’d be up 2-0 if not for Nashville’s advantage in net.

Bernier hasn’t been awful, but he’s allowed at least one questionable goal in each game.

Reactions: MacBradley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->