Series Talk: Round 1: Enter Los Angeles Kings

What will be the result of this series?

• Total voters

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Okay, let's get to the important stuff.

Does anyone want to claim a GDT? It's probably best we don't wait to get those started during the playoffs.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Don't underestimate Dustin Brown who had a career year. I expect him to be a nuisance to play against, especially for all the ice time he'll get.

As a former Kings fan I am happy that Dustin had a bounceback year, given how much abuse that dude took (and rightly so) over the years. But Brown isn't really anything to write home about in a game vs a team with speed like the Knights have. He's a duck out of water vs those types of squads and his shortcomings in stick handling and passing are exposed.

For the Kings fans the thing to be happy about after Game One is that Quick is in peak form. That generally means good things for them in the playoffs. Also a lot of their accessory pieces looked pretty good, what was lacking was their core players' production and they're the ones who concern me, like Carter getting hot the way we know he can.

For the Knights game one had the look of a feeling out type deal where they were a bit uptight in the offensive zone. I think the first win is probably going to help them relax and come out next game with more than just intensity. This will be a tough series, but I still like our chances tbh. Knights' speed is legit.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Okay, let's line up tomorrow's GDT now.

Remember, the OP from our GDT goes to the Stanley Cup board as that GDT as well while we're the home team. I might have an idea, but I'm almost always movie-based and rely on being able to photoshop players heads onto actors, and there's not really any good movies about killing kings so I'm not super confident.

Anyone got an idea and time?

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
If Muzzin and Forbort come back soon, we will have to step it up, our skill guys will have to shed the jitters, and LA will still be the favourites.

If they don’t come back, we wear Doughty into the ice, we figure out the weaker D on the Kings, and we can end the series if we figure out Quick.

Really glad that Fleury equaled Quick’s effort last night. Confidence starts with the battle-tested goaltender.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
We really need to win Game 2 now, in my opinion. Even bigger game than it already was for us. It might be the biggest point of the whole series when all is said and done.

You know Doughty will be absolutely locked in for the games in LA and a split would give them so much momentum going home and getting maybe their best player back.

If we win Game 2, I really love our chances. If we lose it, I worry the pendulum shifts just a ton in their direction.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
We really need to win Game 2 now, in my opinion. Even bigger game than it already was for us. It might be the biggest point of the whole series when all is said and done.

You know Doughty will be absolutely locked in for the games in LA and a split would give them so much momentum going home and getting maybe their best player back.

If we win Game 2, I really love our chances. If we lose it, I worry the pendulum shifts just a ton in their direction.
I completely agree.

A soul crushing loss for them would do a lot to make me feel better about games 3 and 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->