Series Talk: Round 1 Discussion - Lightning at Panthers (4-1 Panthers Win)

What's your confidence level going into round 1?

• Game 4 vs the Canes

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • Game 5 vs Vegas

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
So what do we think the odds are Vasy goes God mode?
High? Lol. If the Panthers can kill their penalties against a great powerplay* and keep it 5 v 5 Vasi is Tampa's only hope. They are outmatched at even strength by a very wide margin. But Vasi has been dreadful the past season and 2023 playoffs. He actually cost Tampa the series vs Laffs.

*or get their own powerplay going but let's be realistic.

Reactions: Boothinator

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
florida-panthers-sam-bennett.gif

man i miss those old jerseys

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Yandle ??!

That was right after the Bennett-trade no ?

Great jerseys.

But gotta admit, new logo has really grew on me...

New logo is more mature and nearly as cool.
I love the new jersey design cause its military inspired, just miss it doesnt have enough blue.
The new logo i dont hate but i just prefer the old one

Reactions: BabyBennettov

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
So if one series were to be an upset, which one? By upset, I mean lower seed wins. And I’ll eliminate close calls Bos-Tor and Peg-Col because can’t really call them upsets if Tor and/or Col wins there.

Panthers-Bolts
Boston-Toronno
Rags-Caps
Divers-Isles
Stars-Frauds
Peg-McK’s
Vancours-Nash
McD’s-Kings

Hoping it’s not us, the top upset candidates to me are Isles and Kings. Isles because of crazy Roy and Kings because of their D.

I’m discounting the Las Vegas Frauds because I don’t want to imagine them advancing.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I think a few of you are underestimating Tampa.

They have the better PP (1st vs 7th)

They have a better G/GP than us too (5th vs 11th)

And their PK is virtually on par with ours as well. (5th vs 6th, us)

The one area we have them beat is GA/GP, and by a massive margin too (1st vs 22nd)

However, all it takes is for Vasi to find his game, and that gap isn't so big anymore. That's probably what worries me the most. Vasi hasn't been up to his standard since last postseason, but he has an even more lengthy track record of elite play.

And then you combine that with our declining offense (specifically pp) the last month or two, and it's a recipe for getting upset.

And before anyone comes at me with "regular season stats don't matter come playoff time". Well, to a point. But it's worth mentioning Tampa has been playing meaningful hockey for the vast majority of the season having to fight for their PO spot. So I think their regular season stats are a good indicator of what to expect from them.

Meanwhile, for whatever reason we clearly haven't been as good for the past few months. So our overall regular season stats doesnt paint the whole picture of how we've been playing recently.

So yeah, this matchup has me pretty worried. I think it will be hard fought series, and very entertaining.

On an unrelated note. Been making a series of polls for every team's MVP, and finally did us, If yall wanna vote. Would love to hear your thoughts on your pick if you do. On that thread though, so we dont derail this one.

Last edited:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

The one area we have them beat is GA/GP, and by a massive margin too (1st vs 22nd)

However, all it takes is for Vasi to find his game, and that gap isn't so big anymore. That's probably what worries me the most. Vasi hasn't been up to his standard since last postseason, but he has an even more lengthy track record of elite play.

And then you combine that with our declining offense (specifically pp) the last month or two, and it's a recipe for getting upset.

And before anyone comes at me with "regular season stats don't matter come playoff time". Well, to a point. But it's worth mentioning Tampa has been playing meaningful hockey for the vast majority of the season having to fight for their PO spot. So I think their regular season stats are a good indicator of what to expect from them.

Meanwhile, for whatever reason we clearly haven't been as good for the past few months. So our overall regular season stats doesnt paint the whole picture of how we've been playing recently.

So yeah, this matchup has me pretty worried. I think it will be hard fought series, and very entertaining.

On an unrelated note. Been making a series of polls for every team's MVP, and finally did us, If yall wanna vote. Would love to hear your thoughts on your pick if you do. On that thread though, so we dont derail this one.

I have faith the boys will do what it takes, Panthers in 7

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

No one should sleep on the Bolts, but Zito made the changes he did based on the last series we played against them. They’ve lost a lot of what was there as well, and some guys really turn it on in the playoffs. I expect more of the Toronto game as opposed to the time prior. Especially since there was an apparent illness going through the room.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
So if one series were to be an upset, which one? By upset, I mean lower seed wins. And I’ll eliminate close calls Bos-Tor and Peg-Col because can’t really call them upsets if Tor and/or Col wins there.

Panthers-Bolts
Boston-Toronno
Rags-Caps
Divers-Isles
Stars-Frauds
Peg-McK’s
Vancours-Nash
McD’s-Kings

Hoping it’s not us, the top upset candidates to me are Isles and Kings. Isles because of crazy Roy and Kings because of their D.

I’m discounting the Las Vegas Frauds because I don’t want to imagine them advancing.
I think the Islanders will make some noise this playoffs.
Remember, Patrick Roy just lead his team to a memorial cup championship last season.

Reactions: KW

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Yeah even though we’ve gotten a lot better on the PK, still feels like we give up at least one PP goal a game. We’re gonna need to find our PP success again. Swaggy back should help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad