Series Talk: Round 1 Discussion - Lightning at Panthers (4-1 Panthers Win)

What's your confidence level going into round 1?

• Game 4 vs the Canes

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • Game 5 vs Vegas

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
If tkachuk was last years player and not whatever kolesar turned him into, id have a bit more faith here. As it stands we have the better D, but they have the better O and G by a large margin. I dont see how we beat them, but ive been shocked before and its the parity nhl so who knows.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg

"So how can the Florida Panthers, who owns home-ice advantage against Tampa, neutralize the best winger in the world?

Simple: To their utmost to match Sasha Barkov’s forward line and Gustav Forsling’s defense pair to the Kucherov unit.

As dangerous as Kucherov is as a shooter, he is even better at using his gravity to create space in the slot for his teammates.

FLA’s top two-way center and best shutdown D will have to deny TBL86’s favorite play: the entry delay.

Barkov/Forsling’s mandate is simple, though by no means easy:

Gap up tightly to Kucherov as his flies the defensive zone on Tampa’s breakout

Backcheck through the middle and neutralize high-danger passing options

Most importantly, counter-attack and force TBL86 and friends to play in their zone"

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
If Kuch doesn’t put up points for Tampa, he’s failed. If simultaneously Barky doesn’t put up points for Florida, he’s succeeded.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Barkov did not match up well against kucherov in our last 2 postseasons. He was a -13 in our 2 postseasons against Tampa macmtching up against him.

Gonna say it again, Barkov needs to step his game up in the postseason. We need more offense from him. Players like Kopitar and Toews shutdown their competition and produced at a PPG while leading their teams in points during their runs. And they did that during the dead puck era.

Barkov has been playing in a much higher scoring era and hasn't even managed a PPG in all but one postseason. Even with his elite defensive performance a few rounds last year, he's been disappointing offensively, no way around it.

I'd like to see him have at least one signature, dominant run, and I still have hope he can do it. Barkov seems like a player that always wants to improve. We saw it a bit last postseason when he was more physical than hes ever been, averaging the highest hit per game ever in his career by a landslide. And now this year with losing weight, and having arguably the best defensive season of his career. So hopefully we see more from Barkov this postseason

Bottom line is we need the most from our best players, otherwise our chances of making a deep run aren't all that great.

Last edited:

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
I hope this whole redemption/revenge feeling these playoffs is just as good as the underdog effect we usually have
IMG_8053.jpeg

Barkov did not match up well against kucherov in our last 2 postseasons. He was a -13 in our 2 postseasons against Tampa macmtching up against him.

Gonna say it again, Barkov needs to step his game up in the postseason. We need more offense from him. Players like Kopitar and Toews shutdown their competition and produced at a PPG while leading their teams in points during their runs. And they did that during the dead puck era.

Barkov has been playing in a much higher scoring era and hasn't even managed a PPG in all but one postseason. Even with his elite defensive performance a few rounds last year, he's been disappointing offensively, no way around it.

I'd like to see him have at least one signature, dominant run, and I still have hope he can do it. Barkov seems like a player that always wants to improve. We saw it a bit last postseason when he was more physical than hes ever been, averaging the highest hit per game ever in his career by a landslide. And now this year with losing weight, and having arguably the best defensive season of his career. So hopefully we see more from Barkov this postseason

Bottom line is we need the most from our best players, otherwise our chances of making a deep run aren't all that great.
I didnt agree with everything vendetta said, but he would bring up barkov can do exactly that but just doesnt for some reason

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
With Winnipeg’s win over the Canuck’s they overtake us via tie breaker for 4th in the league so we finish at 5th overall. So in the past 4 years, the panthers have finished as a top-5 team in the league 3 times and the 1 time we didn’t we were eastern conference champions and playing in the Stanley cup final. These past 4 years have been a gift I didn’t think I’d ever see as a panthers fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad