Series Talk: Round 1 Discussion - Lightning at Panthers (4-1 Panthers Win)

What's your confidence level going into round 1?

• Game 4 vs the Canes

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • Game 5 vs Vegas

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manc Cat

Feb 28, 2016
Hope we see Gadjo in this series. Kind of weird we gave him a new contract and he's been in the press box a lot since

Reactions: harv33173

VerhaegheAintAverage

I'm gonna need Verhaeghe to do Verhaeghe things.
Jul 23, 2009
UK
Hey me too! I know these early starts are annoying for most here but as a Brit, I was so thrilled that I get to watch both game 1 and game 4 live. Obviously hoping that game 4 is the deciding one but that might be a bit too much to hope for...

BTW, this is my first time really watching the nhl playoffs after falling in love with the panthers and hockey last year. And my interactions with other fans have been really positive and welcoming, so really hyped. Go Cats!! We may be struck by lightning a couple of times, but we have nine lives and will get through it.
Same - I'd kill for a sweep just so I can watch us go through at a sensible time, UNLIKE LAST YEAR *EYE TWITCHES*

Reactions: IdleTraveller

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Hope we see Gadjo in this series. Kind of weird we gave him a new contract and he's been in the press box a lot since
We're just that jam-packed on the 4th line right now. I don't think Lomberg or Cousins deserve to come out of the lineup. But its good to have guys like Gadjo, Lorentz, Okposo we can trust to plug in if needed

Reactions: harv33173

VerhaegheAintAverage

Jul 23, 2009
UK
LOL! I remember getting up for work that morning, thinking to watch the highlights of game 1 against the Canes and realising that IT WAS STILL ON. If you actually watched that live, I salute you!
Ha - actually it wasn't that one - it was GM7 vs Boston. I can still see Montour's shot going in...

With the Canes one, I woke up to look at the score, just in time to SEE us score! Surreal.

VerhaegheAintAverage

Jul 23, 2009
UK
That's true fandom right there, and well rewarded both times! Who needs sleep?!! [I do...]

God, I'm so looking forward to this - it's going to be epic.
Me too. Just deciding what to have out to mark it - jersey over the back of the chair (it is, incredibly, too warm to wear it this afternoon!), baseball cap, dig out Beezer action figure...

• Haha

Manc Cat

Feb 28, 2016
Youve got to think ERod and Cousins might be moved on, maybe give a spot to Mackie to try and use that cap to re-sign core guys (edit: missed the quote reply!)

Reactions: Great8Cam

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
Me too. Just deciding what to have out to mark it - jersey over the back of the chair (it is, incredibly, too warm to wear it this afternoon!), baseball cap, dig out Beezer action figure...
God man, being a sports fan is about sucking it up and suffering for your team ;-). I've got my (ebay purchased) Barkov jersey on already and I don't care. Creating rituals here.

Cats711

Apr 24, 2022
UK
Hey me too! I know these early starts are annoying for most here but as a Brit, I was so thrilled that I get to watch both game 1 and game 4 live. Obviously hoping that game 4 is the deciding one but that might be a bit too much to hope for...

BTW, this is my first time really watching the nhl playoffs after falling in love with the panthers and hockey last year. And my interactions with other fans have been really positive and welcoming, so really hyped. Go Cats!! We may be struck by lightning a couple of times, but we have nine lives and will get through it.
Been watching it since Panthers came into existence. Most of it, I suffered through season by season. Great to see the team finally at the right end of things and make a push each season.

I do stay up and watch most games through the season even though they are mainly on at midnight or 3 am on the road West Coast. Luckily I am a night owl and don't generally sleep much anyway.

Always hyped for the Bolts games, just so much more extra special in the playoffs.

Go Cats!

Ps great to have another UK Cat!

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
Been watching it since Panthers came into existence. Most of it, I suffered through season by season. Great to see the team finally at the right end of things and make a push each season.

I do stay up and watch most games through the season even though they are mainly on at midnight or 3 am on the road West Coast. Luckily I am a night owl and don't generally sleep much anyway.

Always hyped for the Bolts games, just so much more extra special in the playoffs.

Go Cats!

I bow to you, Sir/Madam. I am not worthy...

VerhaegheAintAverage

Jul 23, 2009
UK

Go Cats!

At this rate we're going to have enough people for a UK fan club thread

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
I was working on this from my 3D printer to wear it on my neck for the game, it about 5x5 inches, have not done the colors yet, no time before the game.
1000028134.jpg

dbhislife

Jun 27, 2007

Welcome aboard! Just know this place gets REAL laggy in the playoffs. Convinced they're using the same tech as they were when the Avs swept us nearly three decades ago.

But it's home. We all love it (and love to hate it)

Reactions: BabyBennettov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad