Wed., April 15 7 p.m. Islanders at Capitals USA, Sportsnet, TVA Sports
Fri., April 17 7 p.m. Islanders at Capitals NBCSN, Sportsnet, TVA Sports
Sun., April 19 Noon Capitals at Islanders NBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports
Tues., April 21 7:30 p.m. Capitals at Islanders USA, SN 360, TVA Sports
*Thurs., April 23 TBD Islanders at Capitals TBD
*Sat., April 25 TBD Capitals at Islanders TBD
*Mon., April 27 TBD Islanders at Capitals TBD

Apr 6, 2004
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...monic-sits-out-isles-mum-on-injury-1.10246633

IMO this is the biggest story of the series.

Caps should roll. Islanders have been in freefall for a long time. They should get a nice psychological boost if they can light up Halak and move on.

Was just about to post something on this as well from Katie Strang's ESPN preview: "Watching New York defenseman Travis Hamonic limp into Nassau Coliseum on Saturday makes me skeptical that we will see much of him this series, which could be an utterly devastating blow for the Islanders."

I agree, Caps in 5 or 6. You can never afford to look past any team but I would really hope to come out of the series healthy.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Thanks. I appreciate the mods making the obviously needed threads. Posters here make so few a threads as if its a policy so we are gun shy fearing the dreaded merge.

Are we going to be able to take these guys physically? Everything changes in a 7 game series and I think players taking a physical toll can be series changer. Gone is the glitz and glamour of goal scoring.

I saw Bolton had a good scrap yesterday. But so did Gleason. Matt Martin is their chief punk who we can expect to be trying to neutralize Wilson. We do have last line change for the first two games. I do hope for at least a few shifts of Willie up top instead of Ward, to soften up their Dmen. Who is their Larry Murphy Mike Green Paul Coffey? Looks like it may be Leddy.

I wonder if Ovi and the boys have any lingering Halak issues after 2010. I say bump him crowd him throw him off his game as needed this time around. Do it at the end of a loss. Just a little nudge. Nothing but intent to injure his mental state.

Glamour?

images

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Thanks. I appreciate the mods making the obviously needed threads. Posters here make so few a threads as if its a policy so we are gun shy fearing the dreaded merge.

Addressing this despite it being slightly OT, and then getting back on topic:

Our ongoing threads tend to catch most subjects we go over. New threads are OK if they break new ground or are big enough stories on their own (firings, signings, etc).

"What do you guys think of X player" is going to always be merged with an existing thread if there is one because they can become redundant clutter. Too many threads with overlapping subjects creates cross-posting and leads to people talking past each other or missing information, which causes confusion and disputes.

Look at other boards for ideas if you want new threads. It's up to the users to expand on and create most of the content here. If you all can come up with good ideas for threads that draw in new posters, even better. That would also require an environment where newbies and visitors who aren't breaking any rules are welcomed and educated instead of immediately flamed. Not that anyone here would ever do that.:sarcasm:

donosaur

Nov 28, 2011
I wonder if Ovi and the boys have any lingering Halak issues after 2010. I say bump him crowd him throw him off his game as needed this time around. Do it at the end of a loss.

If it's true that Halak doesn't like playing old teammates I say they bake him cakes, send him good luck cards, and bombard him with friendly text messages. They should also give him a montage of his time as a Cap in each home game. That ought to mess with his head.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
It's typically a tight group up in here. It ain't easy being fresh meat. Any noob lurkers (we know you're there) feel free to join the chatter. Your opinion or observations are totally fine to express, don't be shy.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Who's going to pull a philly and call the islanders hotel at 3 a.m. on game day?

Actually, would they even stay in a hotel? I imagine it's not too far away :dunno:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Cautiously optimistic about this one. My big concern is that for whatever reason, this team just takes the night off some times. Can't afford to do that in the playoffs.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
As I said during the Cbus game last night, you don't want to be playing at Nassau in what could be the last game there. Since that's now Game 6, if necessary (barring a sweep), you cannot allow that game to be necessary. If the series goes back to NY for 6 it will come back to DC for 7 and we all know how much of a debacle that can be.

Caps NEED to win this in 5, imo. That noon game 3 is the one I'd guess they lose. Better be the only one.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
It's typically a tight group up in here. It ain't easy being fresh meat. Any noob lurkers (we know you're there) feel free to join the chatter. Your opinion or observations are totally fine to express, don't be shy.

Feels like the last time I posted here was the last time we met Halak in the playoffs :laugh:

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
@MikeKellyNHL: Since trade deadline..

NYI
Goal dif. = 0.00
PP = 19.2%
PK = 92.9%
Save % = .911

WSH
Goal dif. = 0.44