OT: Roughnecks Playoff Run

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Any Lacrosse fans out there?

The Roughnecks finished 2nd in the West and in the west semi they beat the Mammoth in OT.

Won game one of a two game series tonight at the Dome 11-10 in OT agains the Rush after Curtis Dickson scored on a penalty shot to even the game at 10 with less that a minute to go.

Need to win next week in Edmonton to advance. If the Rush wins, a 10 minute mini game to break the tie happens immediately after the conclusion of the full 60.

I don't know I was always kind of meh towards the Necks and lax, but seeing how packed the Dome gets and how unreal the fans are (sometimes louder than Flames games) it has sparked my interest into the sport for a more in depth look.

Anyways, if nobody else here cares, /thread. But hopefully we can talk lacrosse for a while.

Cheers.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
That game 1 was the best lacrosse game I've ever seen. Badk and forth the whole game and the late Rush goal then the Penalty shot to tie it. Finally the OT winner. More exciting than the Mammoth game. Can't wait until next Friday. I thought Leung really looked good, got a goal.

joeyabs

May 15, 2013
SoDoSoPa
Awesome game, great atmosphere, glad I went. Made me miss Flames playoff hockey a bit. Poulin played great and kept them in the game.

DouglasQuaid

Blabbed about Mars
May 8, 2010
Awesome game, great atmosphere, glad I went. Made me miss Flames playoff hockey a bit. Poulin played great and kept them in the game.

This. Best live sporting event I've seen in a long time, was an absolute blast.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Nice thread Goodsauce.

The Calgary Roughnecks. THE. BEST. GOAL. CELEBRATION. IN. SPORTS. PERIOD.

I LOVED that game. Battle of Alberta Lacrosse style. I wouldn't go as far to say that that game was the loudest I have ever heard the Dome, but it would be in the conversation. The ref really did us a solid. I TWICE saw the Edmonton Rush celebrating the win. JUST TOTALLY AWESOME. Can't wait for game 2/3.

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
It was awesome. I think they have the advantage going into Edmonton, even if they lose the full game, they play a tougher game so the 10 minute mini game will be the Necks VS a tired Rush squad. Just my opinion. Hopefully they make it through so we have one more home game before the season ends.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Great game tonight, Necks were down 11-3 at one point. 12-6 at the half. They come back to 14-13 but lost 15-13. Good news was there was a 10min mini game, Calgary had all the momentum and won 2-1. Roughnecks are going to the finals!!!

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Calgary will be playing Rochester, with the first game in Calgary this Saturday (or at least I assume it will be Saturday).

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Guy from Toronto walked up to me and told me to tell my boss and whoever else that this would NEVER happen at the ACC, with the Leafs, or the Rock, or even the Raptors playoff run wasn't this loud. I don't know, made me feel pretty proud to be a fan of all the Calgary teams. Just thought you guys should know.

Go Necks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad