Injury Report: Rostislav Klesla

Tom Polakis

Eternal Optimist
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
It's the same hit as the one Torres threw on Hossa. Same hit. I didn't think Raffi deserved to be suspended or even penalized. I don't believe Nolan does, either. I find the inconsistency of the NHL's disciplinary rulings to be utterly appalling and beyond frustrating. Shanahan is awful. He's ridiculous and terrible. Makes me sick.

That said...Torres deserved zero minutes and zero games. Same for Nolan.

Yep. As you listen to Shanahan's explanation, just mentally substitute the name Hossa for Klesla and Torres for Nolan, and it will sound about right. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way for Torres.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Helen Keller could see him jumping into that hit, and Helen Keller died 45 years ago.

Regardless of what Shanahan says, I call dibs on the 24 October GDT.

He left his feet after the hit not before. I'm sure if sean Doan had a chance to make that same hit he would. Old saying in hockey keep your head up. I hope there isn't a serious injury and he gets to open the season.
Great first post, dude.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
How Klesla did not see Nolan coming is beyond me. What I can see is that he has his head up looking ahead and at the last second he may have looked down a bit.

Yeah, that part was something else.

Yeah.... Shanahan was lame about that... NHL should sign him up for a kinesthesiology course and maybe a little physics tutoring while they're at it.

However, after I looked at the video a couple of times I came to the conclusion Nolan had targeted Rusty's upper chest, and not the head. It was just the dynamics of the contact that caused Nolan's shoulder to shift up from Rusty's chest and catch him in the head.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Does not hit the head?! Wtf is Shanahan talking about?! Klesla's head goes from looking forward to being cranked hard to his left in just 3 frames. What bunch of ********, as others have suggested, this is the same hit Hossa threw. What a joke!

btw...I don't think Nolan should be suspended either but I do think he should have his ass pounded into the ice repeatedly for throwing a hit like that in a ****ing split squad preseason game. ****ing coward!

oyster

Jan 19, 2011
I've seen essentially this same hit called 3 different ways now by the league. Sometimes you get suspended, sometimes you don't! One thing that really bugs me is in previous explanation videos they've made a point of taking into consideration if there was an injury on the play. In this video, no mention of injuries affecting their decision. What a load.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I've seen essentially this same hit called 3 different ways now by the league. Sometimes you get suspended, sometimes you don't! One thing that really bugs me is in previous explanation videos they've made a point of taking into consideration if there was an injury on the play. In this video, no mention of injuries affecting their decision. What a load.

It's the NHL guys. It's a bush league and things like this are why. Doesn't mean it still isn't the greatest sport to some of us. It's just run by a bunch of tools. Once we accept that, it's easier to not get to upset about these things. Look at what Weber did to Zetterberg in the playoffs a couple years ago and only received a fine after a clear attempt to injure. There's no consistency. Never has been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->