Injury Report: Rostislav Klesla

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Not looking forward to seeing the 'injury report' thread tags this season.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
I didn't see the hit but I'm not surprised of it is as dirty as most are saying. I'll be at the preseason game tomorrow in Anaheim vs LA. Hopefully Nolan won't be on the ice.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
"Just saw replay of the hit and Nolan clearly left his feet and made contact first with the head from blind side. Likely suspension. Rule 48."
"A number of us who watched Nolan's hit compared it to the hit Raffi Torres put on Marian Hossa in the playoffs in 2012."
"One edit to my story. Originally thought it was a blind-side hit but seeing replay, Nolan is in front & to side of Klesla as he approaches."
-Craig Morgan, 1 2 3

Last edited:

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
Disappointed by the word that it was brought about by an allegedly cheap shot.

I'm hoping Klesla has a full and speedy recovery.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
McKenzie saying he has a concussion:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2h

First bad concussion of NHL pre-season: PHX's Rusty Klesla KO'd on hit by LA's Jordan Nolan. No penalty on play. NHL currently reviewing.

mrheat*

i cant find a video anywhere.
you fellas know of one ?

sorry to hear about rusty

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
i cant find a video anywhere.
you fellas know of one ?

sorry to hear about rusty

NHL is denying requests for the in-house footage. Short of somebody catching it on their phone, the only way we'll see it is if the NHL shows it when they announce if Nolan is suspended or not.

mrheat*

NHL is denying requests for the in-house footage. Short of somebody catching it on their phone, the only way we'll see it is if the NHL shows it when they announce if Nolan is suspended or not.

Hmm, thats very interesting. I assume it wasn't televised then otherwise it would probably be all over youtube n such.

Thanks for the info.

Fallenone

Mar 29, 2012
Hmm, thats very interesting. I assume it wasn't televised then otherwise it would probably be all over youtube n such.

Thanks for the info.

Now that this Team has "Real Owners" I would be nice to hear a little outrage from them.

Unlike years past when We were owned by the NHL.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Sarah McLellan ‏@azc_mclellan 5m

Klesla was kept in hospital until 3-4 a.m., Tippett said. He's at home resting comfortably now. Concussion and whiplash, Tippett said.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Now that this Team has "Real Owners" I would be nice to hear a little outrage from them.

Leave any potential outrage to Don Maloney and Dave Tippett. These two are the voice of the hockey operations.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon

No. They've been the owners for exactly one pre-season game. If this happens in late-October, OK, but I don't want to hear any angry tirades from Leblanc yet.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 16m

NHL has reviewed Jordan Nolan hit on Rusty Klesla and it doesn't appear there will be any supplemental discipline.

Kopistar

Jan 28, 2007
Kings fan here.

Nolan isn't exactly a star player of any sort. The league has had zero issues with suspending scrub players in the past for hits. Kyper just tweeted that there's no discipline coming for the hit.

Gotta think that the hit wasn't exactly what's being reported as "dirty" if the league chose to not suspend a non star player like Nolan. If it was a hint of dirty, they would have quickly handed out punishment.

Hope Klesla is ok, concussions suck.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Nolan gets away with a dirty hit but Torres got suspended for his last clean hit of last season. Un****ing real!

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Wasn't there so I can't comment on it being clean or not but I'll accept the NHL saying it was clean. I just don't like that they are refusing to release the video of a play that sent our guy to the hospital so we can see it being clean for ourselves.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Wasn't there so I can't comment on it being clean or not but I'll accept the NHL saying it was clean. I just don't like that they are refusing to release the video of a play that sent our guy to the hospital so we can see it being clean for ourselves.

Isn't that more of the reason to actually NOT accept the NHL saying the hit was clean?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad