Roster to ice the most hall of famers.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Which Nhl teams, ended up having multiple hall of famers. Also which teams do you see having multiple hall of famers.

Ones that come to mind are

02 Detroit red wings w/ nine likely ten ; Brendan Shanahan, Steve Yzerman, Brett Hull, Sergei Fedorov, Luc Robitaille, Igor Larionov, Nicklas Lidstrom, Chris Chelios, Dominik Hasek / *Pavel Datsyuk

83 Edmonton Oilers w/ six ; Wayne Gretzky, Mark Messier, Jari Kurri, Glenn Anderson, Paul Coffey, Grant Fuhr

92 Pittsburgh Penguins w/ six likely seven ; Mario Lemieux, Marc Recchi, Joe Mullen, Brian Trottier, Paul Coffey, Larry Murphy, / *Jaromir Jagr

Current teams
????
Pittsburgh Penguins -) Crosby, Malkin, maybe Kessel,
Chicago Blackhawks -) Toews, Kane, Keith
LA -) Kopitar, Doughty, maybe kovalchuk, maybe quick,

Reactions: pi314

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Which Nhl teams, ended up having multiple hall of famers. Also which teams do you see having multiple hall of famers.

Ones that come to mind are

02 Detroit red wings w/ nine likely ten ; Brendan Shanahan, Steve Yzerman, Brett Hull, Sergei Fedorov, Luc Robitaille, Igor Larionov, Nicklas Lidstrom, Chris Chelios, Dominik Hasek / *Pavel Datsyuk

83 Edmonton Oilers w/ six ; Wayne Gretzky, Mark Messier, Jari Kurri, Glenn Anderson, Paul Coffey, Grant Fuhr

92 Pittsburgh Penguins w/ six likely seven ; Mario Lemieux, Marc Recchi, Joe Mullen, Brian Trottier, Paul Coffey, Larry Murphy, / *Jaromir Jagr

Current teams
????
Pittsburgh Penguins -) Crosby, Malkin, maybe Kessel,
Chicago Blackhawks -) Toews, Kane, Keith
LA -) Kopitar, Doughty, maybe kovalchuk, maybe quick,

Unless Kessel explodes for a few peak seasons, I doubt he’s a HoF. Hall of very good. Kovalchuk leaving will hurt his chances with voters, as will his probable lack of cup.

Rest are locks. Even if I don’t think Toews is that good, he has all the ingredients the voting board loves

The Grim Reaper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
South Philly
72-73 and 73-74 Habs had 11.

72-73
1. Yvan Cournoyer
2. Ken Dryden
3. Guy Lafleur
4. Jacques Laperriere
5. Guy Lapointe
6. Jacques Lemaire
7. Frank Mahovlich
8. Henri Richard
9. Larry Robinson
10. Serge Savard
11. Steve Shutt

73-74
1. Yvan Cournoyer
2. Bob Gainey
3. Guy Lafleur
4. Jacques Laperriere
5. Guy Lapointe
6. Jacques Lemaire
7. Frank Mahovlich
8. Henri Richard
9. Larry Robinson
10. Serge Savard
11. Steve Shutt

Last edited:

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
The "Over-the-Hill Gang" 1966-67 Leafs had 10 future Hall of Famers on that team.

George Armstrong
Red Kelly
Dave Keon
Frank Mahovlich
Bob Pulford
Tim Horton
Marcel Pronovost
Allan Stanley
Terry Sawchuk
Johnny Bower

Reactions: dukeofjive

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Unless Kessel explodes for a few peak seasons, I doubt he’s a HoF. Hall of very good. Kovalchuk leaving will hurt his chances with voters, as will his probable lack of cup.

Rest are locks. Even if I don’t think Toews is that good, he has all the ingredients the voting board loves

I don't necessarily agree with this, what will hurt Kessel is his reputation IMO. You can easily justify Kessel deserving to be in the HoF based on Recchi getting inducted into the HoF, Recchi's resume is pretty comparable to Kessel's resume if you realize that scoring was way higher in the 1990s, plus both were excellent playoff players and consistently produced in the playoffs. I think what will hurt Kessel is that he's painted as a lazy and fat guy who can't play defense. It's similar to Tom Barrasso not being in the HoF because he was a grade A c***, it's things outside of his performances on ice that will keep him out.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
I don't necessarily agree with this, what will hurt Kessel is his reputation IMO. You can easily justify Kessel deserving to be in the HoF based on Recchi getting inducted into the HoF, Recchi's resume is pretty comparable to Kessel's resume if you realize that scoring was way higher in the 1990s, plus both were excellent playoff players and consistently produced in the playoffs. I think what will hurt Kessel is that he's painted as a lazy and fat guy who can't play defense. It's similar to Tom Barrasso not being in the HoF because he was a grade A c***, it's things outside of his performances on ice that will keep him out.

Recchi and Kessel don't have a similar resume at all.

Top 5 pts: 3-0
AST: 3-0
Top 10 hart: 2-0

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Recchi and Kessel don't have a similar resume at all.

Top 5 pts: 3-0
AST: 3-0
Top 10 hart: 2-0

Those are completely arbitrary statistics, do you really think the HoF committee is going to judge players on completely random qualifications? Oh wow, Recchi finished 1 Hart vote in 1991 and 30 Hart votes in 2000. Wow, that makes his resume so much better than Kessel's resume.

I can do the same thing you did to show that their resumes are similar:

Top-10 point finishes: 4-4 (3rd, 4th, tied for 5th and 10th for Recchi, 6th twice and tied for 7th twice for Kessel)
AST: I don't know where you're getting your numbers from, Recchi was named to the all-star team once in 1991-1992. If you want to talk about top-5 voting for the AST, Recchi is at 5 (2nd team, 3 4th place votes and a 5th place vote) and Kessel is at 4 (2 3rd place votes, 1 4th place vote, 1 5th place vote)
20+ point playoff runs: 2 for Kessel, 1 for Recchi

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
52-54 Canadiens had 10. Besides the obvious, players like Lach and Olmstead, who are more or less forgotten today. Also a "Hall of Very Good" in Tom Johnston.

BillNy

Jun 20, 2018
1961-62 Leafs had 12, although one was Al Arbor, who got in as a coach. Joining him are Frank Mahovlich, Dave Keon, George Armstrong, Red Kelly, Bob Pulford, Tim Horton, Dick Duff, Bert Olmstead, Allan Stanley, Johnny Bower, and Gerry Cheevers, who played two games.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
2003-04 Maple Leafs had 7 which is quiet high.

Brian Leetch
Mats Sundin
Ron Francis
Joe Nieuwedyk
Ed Belfour
Alexander Mogilny (Not In Yet, But Everyone Knows He Should/Will Be)
Owen Nolan

Also had Gary Roberts, Bryan McCabe and Tomas Kaberle who are all in that Hall of Very Good section.

Nothing matches that 02 Red Wings team though. Stacked.

Last edited:

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
52-54 Canadiens had 10. Besides the obvious, players like Lach and Olmstead, who are more or less forgotten today. Also a "Hall of Very Good" in Tom Johnston.

Tom Johnson was inducted into the HoF in 1970. Norris winner, 1st and 2nd All-Star team selection, four Top-5 Norris finishes and Top-10 in defence scoring 5-times. Might not be a legendary defenceman like his partner Doug Harvey, but more than a ‘very’ good defenceman and a worthy HoF.

Drag

Jan 16, 2010
1991-92 Pittsburgh Penguins

Lemieux
Mullen
Murphy
Recchi
Coffey
Francis
Trotter
Jagr*

Reactions: pi314

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Tom Johnson was inducted into the HoF in 1970. Norris winner, 1st and 2nd All-Star team selection, four Top-5 Norris finishes and Top-10 in defence scoring 5-times. Might not be a legendary defenceman like his partner Doug Harvey, but more than a ‘very’ good defenceman and a worthy HoF.
My mistake...must've gotten him mixed up with someone else.

Reactions: EagleBelfour

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Surprisingly a very crappy 2001-02 New York Rangers team had several HHOF inductees.

Mark Messier
Pavel Bure
Brian Leetch
Eric Lindros

Theo Fleury
Alex Kovalev
Mike Richter

Petr Nedved
Manny Malholtra

Then they added Jagr in 03.

Merchant

Feb 3, 2008
2003-04 Maple Leafs had 7 which is quiet high.

Brian Leetch
Mats Sundin
Ron Francis
Joe Nieuwedyk
Ed Belfour
Alexander Mogilny (Not In Yet, But Everyone Knows He Should/Will Be)
Owen Nolan

Owen Nolan will be buying a ticket to the HoF, just like you and me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad