Roster Thread (2023-2024 Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
It still seems like trying to make something up tho be mad about. The Caps have 42 contracts. The Stars, Flames and Hurricane all have 43. Are you implying they are also somehow cheap? There is plenty to be mad at Pegula about without trying to create something that isn’t there.

It can be number 15 of things to be mad about when it comes to Pegula and Sabres, if that makes you happy. We are becoming a joke of a franchise. Would you like me to be upset about the season ticket gift that was a 100-piece puzzle? The demand for early renewal weeks ago? The flooded bathrooms? Playing well under the cap every year? No experienced management. I'll probably die being a fan because it is who I am but Terry is the worst thing to ever happen to the Sabres. I'm so tired of the lame excuses. I'll never quit (if I'm honest), but if he moved the team, he would be doing me a favour.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
What page are you on out of 47?
I don’t know. I read probably 7 or 8 pages. The reason it was a tough read was we were all celebrating moving on from Eichel, and now we know what happened: things got infinitely better for him, and things stayed exactly the same for us. We were the losers in all of it.

Reactions: RefsIdeas

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I don’t know. I read probably 7 or 8 pages. The reason it was a tough read was we were all celebrating moving on from Eichel, and now we know what happened: things got infinitely better for him, and things stayed exactly the same for us. We were the losers in all of it.
giphy.gif

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
This is very much part of the 'first time GM' issue

On paper, it makes sense, 'BPA by our grading system'

However, if your grading system is skewed towards a certain type of player (and I'd argue that the Sabres system obviously does), you'll end up with a lot of the same type players and obvious gaps in the pipeline. And to be fair, no team has a perfect pipeline, and our prospect pipeline is deep, there are just obvious deficiencies despite a lot of depth.

This doesn't cover anything new, but is bang on.

1. They didn't plan for an obvious scoring regression.
2. Didn't address issues last offseason
3, Time to move on from Granato.
nothing about the three goalie fiasco either.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I didn't even want Kane but seeing the Wings comeback in 13 games and not die really makes me wonder the effect he has on that teams psyche.

Knowing you have one of the most clutch players of all time in your room and are never dead.

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
I didn't even want Kane but seeing the Wings comeback in 13 games and not die really makes me wonder the effect he has on that teams psyche.

Knowing you have one of the most clutch players of all time in your room and are never dead.
Very true but the Red Wings don't have our coaching staff on there bench so who knows. That said, Kane has for sure proved a lot of Sabres twitter wrong thats for sure.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Very true but the Red Wings don't have our coaching staff on there bench so who knows. That said, Kane has for sure proved a lot of Sabres twitter wrong thats for sure.
Kind of figured he'd recover being that he has a cerebral player but his skating also looked quite a bit stronger when he got back he seemed more explosive seems sports medicine, science, and technology has gotten so much better probably also why guys are producing better at later ages than before not named Sakic, howe, Lemieux, gretz, and yzerman

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It can be number 15 of things to be mad about when it comes to Pegula and Sabres, if that makes you happy. We are becoming a joke of a franchise. Would you like me to be upset about the season ticket gift that was a 100-piece puzzle? The demand for early renewal weeks ago? The flooded bathrooms? Playing well under the cap every year? No experienced management. I'll probably die being a fan because it is who I am but Terry is the worst thing to ever happen to the Sabres. I'm so tired of the lame excuses. I'll never quit (if I'm honest), but if he moved the team, he would be doing me a favour.

Hey, if you want to spend time on that... knock yourself out. There are so many other ripe fields sown by Pegs to harvest.

They're so much more of a veteran team than Buffalo though. They iced five guys 24 and under in tonight's game. Buffalo had 4 just on their blueline tonight and 9 overall in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad