WJC: Roster Talk '13 — Canada V4.0 (Final Roster Named)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I wouldn't be so confident. Many teams could suprise you this year.

Agreed.

The USA & Russia look strong. Feel bad for Sweden loosing key pieces to their blue line, but they are still strong. Single elimination - anything can happen.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Looks like the best Team Canada in a loong time. :) So pumped to see RNH and Yakupov go at it when Canada vs. Russia.

CoDD

Sep 19, 2012
Québec
At ES, I would use RNH to attract the shutdown line and D and create an offensive second and third line with advantageous match-up.

My lineup:

Rattie/Lipon-RNH-Rattie/Lipon
Huberdeau-Strome-Ritchie
Drouin-MacKinnon-Scheifele
Hudon-Jenner-Danault
Camara

Rielly-Hamilton
Harrington-Ouellet
Reinhart-Murphy
Wotherspoon

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I think it doesn't matter. Losing RNH, possibly Huberdeau and Hamilton would be a disaster whether they're wearing a letter or not.

Because he's played in the NHL, was the first overall pick etc. he's going to be looked up to and counted on. Was the easy decision.

Doubt there is a "handshake deal" in place... Hockey Canada wouldn't let that happen. The reason Zibanejad isn't going is two fold... 1. He already won a gold medal last year, scoring the OT goal 2. He needs to adjust to the NA game

RNH was cut two years ago and has unfinished business... this is likely something he wanted.

He definitely wanted it but did the Oilers is a bit of a different question. Canada's first two games are against Germany and Slovakia - are games like that considered detrimental to his development? He's missing a month and a half in a league that is very good for his development. Wearing the C is great for him and so is representing his country and potentially winning a gold medal at this tournament but do the pros outweigh the cons if you're in the Oilers brass?

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Looks like the best Team Canada in a loong time. :) So pumped to see RNH and Yakupov go at it when Canada vs. Russia.

Two best players in the tournament being Oilers property - the lockout isn't the worst time to be an Oilers fan:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad