WJC: Roster Talk '13 — Canada V4.0 (Final Roster Named)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Continue here.

Final Roster

F Camara
F Danault
F Drouin
F Huberdeau
F Hudon
F Jenner
F Lipon
F MacKinnon
F Nugent-Hopkins
F Rattie
F Ritchie
F Scheifele
F Strome

D Hamilton
D Harrington
D Murphy
D Ouellet
D Reinhart
D Rielly
D Wotherspoon

G Binnington
G Paterson
G Subban

Last edited by a moderator:

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Bob MacKenzie said at the start 7th defensemen at least, not that that's what would happen.

Why has Corrado solidified himself in that role beside Reinhart? Murphy can do more than Corrado in that role, and the defensive gap isn't significant. Corrado fits the role that Dumba would have in the 7th role, able to fit in anywhere, powerplay, penalty kill, even strength. Reinhart-Murphy can act as 1B offensive pairing along with the 1A Rielly-Hamilton.

People's justification is merely "just cause".

Corrado is signifcantly better defensively than Murphy...

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Corrado is signifcantly better defensively than Murphy...

No he's not. Why do people keep saying this. If you tell me it's from this camp, I only have to point to the fact this camp is no tell-tale sign of how good a player is.

This season in the OHL, no person who's seen them both could claim Corrado is more than margianlly better defensively, let alone significantly.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I think it's pretty clear the seven defense are as follows:
Rielly - Hamilton
Ouellet - Harrington
Reinhart - Corrado
Murphy

Wotherspoon has been good, but Corrado has been better. Sproul hasn't been good enough to get Spott to take him over his man Murphy.

Scottrockztheworld*

Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Why has Corrado solidified himself in that role beside Reinhart? Murphy can do more than Corrado in that role, and the defensive gap isn't significant. Corrado fits the role that Dumba would have in the 7th role, able to fit in anywhere, powerplay, penalty kill, even strength. Reinhart-Murphy can act as 1B offensive pairing along with the 1A Rielly-Hamilton.

This might just be me but I'd trust Corrado playing a regular shift over Murphy.

Patterson... what a save.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
What a sequence by Camara. Great defensive play covering Dumba then a two on one. Paterson is hot right now. I'd love him as the back up.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Pretty sure Camara just punched his ticket there. Awesome backcheck to break up the play and then he made a great play on the 2-on-1.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I think the Goaltending is also set in stone, Binnington is the odd man out.

Subban & Patterson will fight for the #1 spot through practices and the Round Robin, Brossoit will be the 3rd goalie.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Am I the only one who's forgot Catenacci is playing today? Underwhelming camp after he's been so good in Owen Sound, not doing much of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->