WJC: Roster Talk '13 — U.S.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I've been really impressed with Pat Sieloff. Personally I don't see how he doesn't make the team. Great stay at home partner for a puck-mover and very physical to boot.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

So....uhm....is this US team any good?

I like US team. It has depth, talent, grit, lots of good skaters.

Don't see last year happening again, this team is in the mix imo.

On paper, the U.S. is the 3rd best team going into the tournament - altho Finland may beg to differ.
Unfortunately, they are in a division with the 2 teams who have more talent.

The U.S. teams tend to start off slowly. Fortunately, they have Germany on December 27th - a guaranteed win.

The New Year's Eve game against Slovakia will be the key. They will have played 2 tough(!) games against Russia and Canada and, if they falter on Jan 31st (either because they overlook Slovakia, run into a hot goalie or because they are exhausted), they could easily find themselves in the bottom half.
Having said all that, I don't think Slovakia will be an issue and I think the U.S. will overachieve in the round robin - finishing 2nd (or higher) in their pool.

This tournament will be a pleasure to watch and exciting from start to finish.

Good luck to Team USA (being sincere not sarcastic) and Gold to Team Canada. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Who do you guys think will be the captain and the assistants?

MY personal guess is that Miller is almost surely going to get a letter.

Trouba probably has a decent chance at one.

Both are NDTP grads and have tournament experience.

After that, who knows.

Somewhat random guess

C- Miller
A- Trouba
A- Biggs

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
MY personal guess is that Miller is almost surely going to get a letter.

Trouba probably has a decent chance at one.

Both are NDTP grads and have tournament experience.

After that, who knows.

Somewhat random guess

C- Miller
A- Trouba
A- Biggs

do you think that there is any chance of galchenyuk getting an A? i would have to think that a guy like miller would get the C

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
do you think that there is any chance of galchenyuk getting an A? i would have to think that a guy like miller would get the C

Well to be clear I'm kind of guessing, but my guess is no.

The last two sets of captains have been

C- John Ramage
Jeremy Morin
Ryan Bourque

Ramage and Morin are USNDTP alums, and all three of these guys were returning players.

C- Jason Zucker
Emerson Etem
Jarred Tinordi

Zucker was a two time returning player and an NDTP alum. Tinordi was an NDTP alum and Etem was a returning player.

So as a non NDTP alum and non returning player, I'd say that Galchenyuk has an uphill battle for a captain slot.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Saw something on Travis Roy recently. USA Hockey should make him apart of their WJR program.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

Depends on if coaches choose or let players vote. I doubt it though, especially since Gally will be a focal point and have media requests galore directed at him. He'll certainly be a leader in that regard. I hope USAH shields him.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT

C- John Ramage
Jeremy Morin
Ryan Bourque

Ramage and Morin are USNDTP alums, and all three of these guys were returning players.

C- Jason Zucker
Emerson Etem
Jarred Tinordi

Zucker was a two time returning player and an NDTP alum. Tinordi was an NDTP alum and Etem was a returning player.

So as a non NDTP alum and non returning player, I'd say that Galchenyuk has an uphill battle for a captain slot.

yeah thats a great point. i have just heard that galchenyuk is a good leader so was sondering if he had any shot

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

C- John Ramage
Jeremy Morin
Ryan Bourque

C- Jason Zucker
Emerson Etem
Jarred Tinordi

Both Bourque and Etem were NTDP alums, although Emerson left for the WHL after one year.

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
Does Brady Vail has a chance of making the team next year ?
I saw he wasn't invited to the camp.

General Granny*

So have they decided if Noesen is playing in the tourney or what?

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
All players from the current roster will travel to Europe for the exhibition games. Not surprising, especially since there's 4 players at most (3 if IIHF keeps Noesen ineligible) to go home. Final team announced December 22nd.

What time does camp start and is FastHockey streaming these practices?

First practice is just now starting.

anyone know if kerdiles is definately at camp?

He's not there. Going with the roster they have. Not a fan of that decision. There's basically no competition up front.

So have they decided if Noesen is playing in the tourney or what?

No, IIHF hasn't ruled on USAH's appeal yet.

any idea when the camp starts ? i thought it was today

Correct.

Last edited:

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
any idea when the camp starts ? i thought it was today
You are correct it starts today.
http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2012/12/15/u-s-world-junior-watch-what-to-watch-for-at-u-s-wjc-camp/
The U.S. National Junior Team pre-tournament camp begins Sunday at the MSG Training Center in Tarrytown, N.Y., with a 5:30 p.m. practice. Twenty-seven players selected by USA Hockey will compete for 23 spots during the camp which will remain in New York until Dec. 18, before moving to Helsinki, Finland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->