WC: Roster Talk '13 — Germany

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Lindlbauer, Noebels, Pietta and aus den Birken haven't been registered so far. One of them will be added before the game against Finland tomorrow.

Ehrhoff will be captain. Would have thought that Goc would keep that role, not that it really matters.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
There is a chance, that Justin Krueger will join the team since Charlotte was eliminated from the AHL playoffs.

EDIT: Krueger will join the team. He will arrive in Helsinki tomorrow and might play his first game on Wednesday against Austria.

Last edited:

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
So, Germany has filled all its roster spots. That's quite early in the tournament.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
So, Germany has filled all its roster spots. That's quite early in the tournament.

Who should they be waiting for? Holzer is playing another round in the playoffs. And even if the Bruins are eliminated by the leafs, I don't know when that will be, and if he would even come to play in the first place.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
You just don't have the possibility to react to injuries anymore. Switzerland had this problem last year where a defender had to play as winger because there was no open roster spot anymore.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Had a jersey a few years back, signed by many players.

Had Kurri's autograph just to have John Tripp sign over it. Felt the need to get his autograph since he was the best player on Germany when I watched. All I really have to say.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Final stats

Goals scored: 13
Goals allowed: 16
Wins: 2
OT/SO wins: 1
Losses: 3
Powerplay: 10%
Penalty kill: 87%

Top scorer: Christian Ehrhoff | 5
Top goal scorer: Christian Ehrhoff/Marcus Kink | 3
Assists leader: Marcel Goc | 4
Ice time leader: Christian Ehrhoff | 28:04
Plus/minus leader: Philip Gogulla/Marcus Kink/Yannic Seidenberg | 1

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Rotten luck for the Germans that the Slovaks finally woke up in their last game against USA or they'd be QF bound. Solid tournament.

Question for any German posters, is Germany improving their home talent? It seems to be that there are less DEL-based Canadians on this roster than in the past, only Zepp and Tripp now, and the roster seems relatively young. Maybe I am wrong though.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Rotten luck for the Germans that the Slovaks finally woke up in their last game against USA or they'd be QF bound. Solid tournament.

Question for any German posters, is Germany improving their home talent? It seems to be that there are less DEL-based Canadians on this roster than in the past, only Zepp and Tripp now, and the roster seems relatively young. Maybe I am wrong though.

I'd say they are, a little bit, baby steps you know.
The progress could be much better, if the federation, the leagues and the teams were actually working together for a change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad