WC: Roster Talk '11 – Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Kadri has dominated on playoff stages like wjc 2010, OHL playoffs 2010.

OHL playoffs 2010: 12 games (9G 18A 27P)
WJC: 6 games (3G 5A 8P)

Kadri can't crack the roster of one of the weaker teams in the NHL. He won't get picked over the various high calibre NHL forwards that will be available for this team. I don't recall anyone stating that Kadri was dominating at the WJC either.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Kadri has dominated on playoff stages like wjc 2010, OHL playoffs 2010.

OHL playoffs 2010: 12 games (9G 18A 27P)
WJC: 6 games (3G 5A 8P)

Kadri did not dominate the WJC, and everyone who watched that tournament knows that. In fact I remember him taking a couple of untimely penalties more than I remember him scoring big points in elimination games.

As the poster above me said, he cannot crack an NHL roster that has injuries to players up front and need help, and when he has made it onto the roster, he has failed to impress. I personally believe that in the long run Kadri can and hopefully will be an effective NHL player, however he isn't close to one yet.

Aside from these few posts Kadri will not get any talk of making the team.

chisholm20

Mar 26, 2011
Its a damn shame that Taylor Hall got injured, he would've been fun to watch. Any chance Brayden Schenn gets an invite??

Mathradio

Drive for 25
Oct 11, 2010
consanguinephysics.wordpress.com
Its a damn shame that Taylor Hall got injured, he would've been fun to watch. Any chance Brayden Schenn gets an invite??

Next year maybe you can get Brayden to play. That is, if the Kings are eliminated from the playoffs in the first round, as it is possible that Brayden makes the team right out of camp.

But I feel like he is not going to play this year. Or, at best, be a reserve player.

chisholm20

Mar 26, 2011
Here is a short list of players from teams that I can't see making the playoffs at this point. * 2 of Calgary, Dallas or Anaheim will be added to the list shortly*

Oilers : F - Cogliano, Eberle, Gagner (injured) Horcoff (injured)
G - Dubnyk

Avs:F- Duchene, Galiardi, O'reilly, Yip
D - Kumiskey

Jackets: F- Brassard, Nash, Upshall, Vermette
D- Clitsome, Russell
G- Mason

Blues: F- D'agostini, McDonald, Stewart
D- Colaiacovo, Jackman, Pietrangelo

Wild: F- Bouchard, Brodziak, Brunette, Madden
D - Barker, Burns, Schultz

Sens: F- Spezza, Neil
D- Phillips

Panthers: F- Weiss, Santorelli

Isles: F-Tavares, Parenteau, Moulson

Devils: F-Zajac, Clarkson
G- Brodeur

Thrashers: F- Kane, Ladd, Little
G- Mason

Leafs: F-MacArthur
D- Schenn, Phaneuf
G- Reimer

'Canes: F-Skinner, Staal, Stillman, Sutter
G - Ward

Stansfield*

Id like to see us go in with more of a top 6 bottom 6 or atleast 1 solid checking line that can handle players like kovy and jagr. A legit starting goalie would be nice too hopefully Ward.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I really hope Andy McDonald is in. Such an underrated player. I know Canada likes to go young during this tournament, but they usually have a couple of veterans on the team. I really hope AndyMac is one of them this year.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Would you invite Subban at the WCs if the Habs were eliminated in the 1st round?

I think without a doubt he does, especially with this tourney being on big ice.

Brayden Schenn wont get an invite. Firstly Saskatoon is going to the Memorial Cup. Second junior players who have gotten invited in the past were playing at higher levels (Eberle was in the AHL, Toews in the NCAA). Third, if Saskatoon did get eliminated, id expect to see up with the Kings as a spare at the very least.

Kadri wont get an invite either. Theres too many more experienced options, and it wouldnt be fair to guys who have worked hard the whole year and put up good stats

Mathradio

Drive for 25
Oct 11, 2010
consanguinephysics.wordpress.com
I think without a doubt he (Subban) does, especially with this tourney being on big ice.

Brayden Schenn wont get an invite. Firstly Saskatoon is going to the Memorial Cup. Second junior players who have gotten invited in the past were playing at higher levels (Eberle was in the AHL, Toews in the NCAA). Third, if Saskatoon did get eliminated, id expect to see up with the Kings as a spare at the very least.

Kadri wont get an invite either. Theres too many more experienced options, and it wouldnt be fair to guys who have worked hard the whole year and put up good stats

An early Habs elimination would free up Carey Price as well. But Price seems to be a question mark for the WCs in my eyes.

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
If Kadri puts up like 6 more points he would be in a talk for WC if its between Seguin and Kadri I go with Kadri.

U kno he'll light it up wen he's given an opportunity like this.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
If Kadri puts up like 6 more points he would be in a talk for WC if its between Seguin and Kadri I go with Kadri.

U kno he'll light it up wen he's given an opportunity like this.

No one is considering Seguin, and no is considering Kadri.

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
Toronto contingency should consist of Luke Schenn and between the pipes getting a long look should be James Reimer (might as well take a hot goalie)

Other Little Mikey

Aug 31, 2005
Edmonton
Toronto contingency should consist of Luke Schenn and between the pipes getting a long look should be James Reimer (might as well take a hot goalie)

Considering Nonis is in charge of the team I'd say Reimer is a lock.

I could see them taking Brayden Schenn IF the Blades were eliminated and IF the Kings wouldn't rather have him hanging around LA as a black ace during their playoff run. Those young guys that get taken don't always play, Eberle only played because Smyth and Stamkos got hurt, Gagner had played a full year in the NHL and only got into one game when Staal had to miss one due to a family matter.

Grabovski

Aug 12, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Since Nonis is the GM no doubt Reimer will be the starter, and Schenn, Phaneuf, Macarthur will get invites.

As of now the teams that are not in a playoff position and the players available:
Carolina - Staal, Ward, Skinner
Toronto - Phaneuf, Schenn, Macarthur, Reimer
Ottawa - Spezza
Florida - Weiss
New Jersey - Zajac, Brodeur,
Atlanta - Ladd, Little
NY Islanders - Tavares, Moulson, Parenteau

Calgary - Iginla, Bouwmeester, Giordano, Bourque
Dallas - Morrow, Richards, Ribeiro, Robidas, Benn, Daley
Colorado - Duchene,
Columbus - Nash, Brassard, Vermette, Russell, Mason
Edmonton - Hall, Eberle, Gagner, Cogliano, Horcoff,
St. Louis - Stewart, Pietrangelo, Mcdonald
Minnesota - Burns, Bouchard, Brunette

Other Little Mikey

Aug 31, 2005
Edmonton
Edmonton - Hall, Eberle, Gagner, Cogliano, Horcoff,

Hall is out, people. Team Canada asked and the Oilers said no. So is Gagner, his hand needs three months to heal. Horcoff has a cracked bone in his foot so he's a maybe.

The only other possibility is maybe Dubnyk, depending on how many other goalies say no, because he'd probably be more willing to go as a third goalie who knows he won't play than some other guys would.

Spadman

Mar 30, 2011
The only other possibility is maybe Dubnyk, depending on how many other goalies say no, because he'd probably be more willing to go as a third goalie who knows he won't play than some other guys would.

What about Eberle? Wasn't he alredy at the WC last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad