WC: Roster Talk '11 – Finland

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I'd say that Bäckas is probably still ahead of him, even though Rinne is really good. Kiprusoff might be better too, but he is hardly any competition for these tournaments.

at this point i would take pekka and kari easily over bäcks

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
Kipper would be the best choice if we talk about team that needs a goalie in NHL (if we don't think age or caphit). But in WC it's not the same thing. I'd take Bäckström before Lehtonen, but if Rinne was also free, it would be hard to say, which of Bäcks or Peksi is better choice.

I'm expekting something like this in WC:

Hagman - Koivu - Ruutu
Peltonen - Kontiola - Aaltonen
Lahti - Immonen - Pulkkinen
Petrell - Kapanen - Komarov

+ Granlund, Hartikainen (can take for example Peltonen's or Pulkkinen's spot, if they don't play how we are expekting.)

Väänänen - Lepistö
Salmela - Puistola
Karalahti - Niskala

+ Vatanen, Jaakola

Bäckström
Lehtonen

+ Vehanen

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
The first AHL round will be rather interesting, because we've got Hartikainen, Laakso and I. Filppula on the line. But it's doubtful that Jalonen will allow them to join the game without having played in the EHL or otherwise shown their skills in the national team this year.

Phoenix - Detroit is also interesting and one might hope for a sweep on either part, since then we'd get either Filppula or Korpikoski, both which are nice additions to the team!

Rumors flying that J. Jokinen won't be coming, neither Pitkänen due to family issues. Miettinen is apparently in, no word yet from M. Koivu. What about Lepistö?

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
Rumors flying that J. Jokinen won't be coming, neither Pitkänen due to family issues. Miettinen is apparently in, no word yet from M. Koivu. What about Lepistö?

Lepistö comes for sure, but Miettinen doesn't according to this: http://www.lansi-savo.fi/Urheilu/11145887.html

I didn't find the original news from this, but that tells that Miettinen and Pitkänen are out. Doesn't matter to me at all. :naughty:

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I can kinda understand Pekka, since he is younger and very close... But Kari?

I just like more Kari's style and he has more size too. Also he doesn't let those time to time easy goals like bacstrom imo.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
Lepistö comes for sure, but Miettinen doesn't according to this: http://www.lansi-savo.fi/Urheilu/11145887.html

I didn't find the original news from this, but that tells that Miettinen and Pitkänen are out. Doesn't matter to me at all. :naughty:

Weird, this says Miettinen is coming =D

http://www.kaleva.fi/alasivut/latka...&osasto=HockeyFace&id=895655&LOGGEDtunniste=0

Both are written on the same day o_O

The fact that Lepistö is coming is great, I've always thought of him as a bit underrated. Everybody seems to hate Miettinen and for good reasons, but he's been solid this season. I'd take him as a third-liner, but definitely not into the 1st or 2nd line. :help:

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
Osala is stuck in the playoffs, playing for the Checkers against Hershey Bears. If the Bears sweep, then he might have a chance at joining the WC, but I doubt Jalonen would take him without any training with the team.

edit. Sorry for double post.

Last edited:

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
Weird, this says Miettinen is coming =D

http://www.kaleva.fi/alasivut/latka...&osasto=HockeyFace&id=895655&LOGGEDtunniste=0

Both are written on the same day o_O

The fact that Lepistö is coming is great, I've always thought of him as a bit underrated. Everybody seems to hate Miettinen and for good reasons, but he's been solid this season. I'd take him as a third-liner, but definitely not into the 1st or 2nd line. :help:

Don't really have an issue with either Pitkanen or Miettinen coming.. Pitkanen has never impressed me as a Lion, and Miettinen is replaceable.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
The first AHL round will be rather interesting, because we've got Hartikainen, Laakso and I. Filppula on the line. But it's doubtful that Jalonen will allow them to join the game without having played in the EHL or otherwise shown their skills in the national team this year.

iFlip is not in the POs. he was called up by the wings, but if finland would want him to play, i bet he could. detroit doesn't need him.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Everybody seems to hate Miettinen and for good reasons, but he's been solid this season. I'd take him as a third-liner, but definitely not into the 1st or 2nd line. :help:
I've never seen anyone hate on Miettinen over here. He is a GREAT third liner. I see people having problems with Jalonen giving him too many chances on the top line though.

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
I've never seen anyone hate on Miettinen over here. He is a GREAT third liner. I see people having problems with Jalonen giving him too many chances on the top line though.

He isn't a bad player, but he isn't a great player either. Like I said, he is replaceable. A guy like Aaltonen, etc. can take his spot and wouldn't make much of a difference.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
He isn't a bad player, but he isn't a great player either. Like I said, he is replaceable. A guy like Aaltonen, etc. can take his spot and wouldn't make much of a difference.

On a second line I would much prefer Aaltonen. On an energy or checking line I would much prefer Miettinen. But it wouldn't be the end of the world if one replaced the other...

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
I wonder if we will see Grandlund - M. Koivu - Pulkkinen in this tournament? It'd be very interesting...

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
What about J.Jokinen - T. Ruutu - Pulkkinen. I believe they had the line in Carolina where the rookie Jeff Skinner played in Pulkkinen's place and Pulkkinen is a rookie sniper too so it could be interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad