WC: Roster Talk '11 – Denmark

DenGC

Nov 20, 2007
Looks like its gonna be a battle to avoid relegation this year.

Frans Nielsen (NYI) and Peter Regin (OTT) are both out with injuries.
Lars Eller (MTL), Mikkel Boedker (PHX) and Jannik Hansen (VAN) are all in the playoffs and unavailable (assuming they progress past the first round).
Philip Larsen (DAL/AHL) has been suffering from an injury in resent weeks and will most likely not be allowed to play at the World Champ. if Texas Stars were to lose in round one.

Players to be added:
Mads Christensen, C/W, (currently Playing semifinal for Eisbären Berlin in the DEL)
Kim Staal, W, (Herning)
Daniel Nielsen, D, (Herning)
Frederik Andersen, G, (Frederikshavn)
Jesper Jensen, C, (Frederikshavn)

DenGC

Nov 20, 2007
he's in a good shape. but i expect him to play the finals too.

We'll see after tomorrows deciding game. Either way he should be good to go as the playoffs are over and done with, on the 23rd of April.

DenGC

Nov 20, 2007
Nice to hear that Christensen is in good shape and seemingly over his concussion. Looks like the team is gonna need him to be a role-player, if non of the NHL players are available.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
what about nick jensen? Oshawa is tied with niagra 1-1 but tonight's game is 4-1 niagra in the 3rd. If Oshawa is eliminated, i'd assume he plays in the WC?

DenGC

Nov 20, 2007
what about nick jensen? Oshawa is tied with niagra 1-1 but tonight's game is 4-1 niagra in the 3rd. If Oshawa is eliminated, i'd assume he plays in the WC?

Not sure if he'd be called upon. He is still young and Im not sure if there's room for him in the top six. He obviously hasn't been able to take part in the training camp, and he is coming of his first season in NA with an increased game schedule. Would be a good learning experience though.

DenGC

Nov 20, 2007
what NHLers are expected to be on the team?

OUT:
Frans Nielsen (NYI) Injured
Peter Regin (OTT) Injured

MAYBE:
Lars Eller (MTL) Playoffs vs. Boston
Mikkel Boedker (PHX) Playoffs vs. Detriot
Jannik Hansen (VAN) Playoffs vs. Chicago

Wont get my hopes up, so probably NON.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Looking at the current group of fowards Morten Lie and Morten Poulsen could also become relevant...

Team Denmarks issues isn't just the lack of NHLers. Two veteran D-men(Duus and Damgaard) has said no and Oliver Lauridsen(Who was recently brought up to the AHL) is injured. All D-men. Not our strongest part of the team to begin with. :help:

Something along the lines of:

Galbraith/Andersen

Stefan Lassen-Mads Boedker
Daniel Nielsen-Jesper Jensen
Kasper Jensen-Eskesen
Philip Hersby

Morten Madsen-Mads Christensen-Julian Jakobsen
Nicklas Hardt-Morten Green-Kiril Starkov
Kasper Degn-Jesper Jensen-Morten Poulsen
Lasse Lassen-Thor Dresler-Morten Lie
Gunnarsson/Andreasen/Storm
* Dark horse(Coach doesn't like bringing in juniors): Nicklas Jensen

Aim: Survival!:rant:

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
I expect Frederik Andersen to be 1. keeper. His form is currently a lot better than Galbraiths.

Hopefully Lars Eller and Mikkel Bødker will be available so we will have a decent 1. line.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
I expect Frederik Andersen to be 1. keeper. His form is currently a lot better than Galbraiths.

Hopefully Lars Eller and Mikkel Bødker will be available so we will have a decent 1. line.

The form-thing has been said before every series the last couple of years. Can't see it to be honest. Think it will something like last year, where FA is being used a lot, but when it comes down to buisness it's Galbraith.

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
I think Andersen might be better this year.

The first game against Norway Galbraith was terrible. I did'nt see game number two, but he must have been better there.

Galbraith was excellent in January, but since then he has been struggling. The last 5 games of the season (qualifying games for ES-qualification) he was cut in favor of a much younger gk.

It probably depends on the camp, who will get the job, but I wouldn't be surprised if Andersen got it.

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
Almost final roster

Goaltenders
Frederik Andersen - Frederikshavn
Patrick Galbraith – Leksand (SWE-1)
Simon Nielsen – AaB

Defencemen
Stefan Lassen - Djurgården(SEL)
Daniel Nielsen – Herning
Michael Eskesen - Odense
Mads Bødker – Rögle (SWE-1)
Jesper Jensen – Rögle (SWE-1)
Kasper Jensen - Rødovre
Philip Hersby - Hvidovre

Forwards
Mikkel Boedker - Phoenix Coyotes(NHL)
Morten Madsen – Modo(SEL)
Julian Jakobsen – Södertälje(SEL)
Nichlas Hardt - Malmö(SWE-1)
Morten Green - Malmö(SWE-1)
Mads Christensen - Eisbären Berlin(DEL)
Jesper Jensen - Frederikshavn
Kirill Starkov – EfB
Morten Poulsen - Herning
Kim Staal - Herning
Thor Dresler - Hvidovre
Kasper Degn - AaB
Frederik Storm - SønderjyskE

Lars Eller (F) – Montreal Canadiens *

Eller is questionable due to a shoulder injury in game 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad