Speculation: Roster Speculation Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I don't see how that makes an argument that Skinner isn't worth the extra $$$ and term, if that's what Stimson is going for.
There's also the part where Skinner will only cost cap space at this point, whereas Huberdeau will cost his cap hit + assets we trade to get him. At that point I lean towards Skinner but of course with strong preference of getting both here.

Reactions: Reddawg

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
For Huberdeau ... I think Florida would start at Mitts and the best 1st we have. Probably more ...

Depends on how desperate they are to move dollars to clear room for Panarin/Bob. Mitts would be off the table, but I'd do our own 1st plus Nylander plus another solid piece (Guhle, Olofsson, etc).

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If push came to shove, I probably would as well. With that said, I'm far more inclined to believe that Hoffman would be who Florida moves if they're clearing cap for Bob and Panarin. And I would like Hoffman, too, but Huberdeau is certainly better.

I think Hoffman and Reimer are the two guys that Florida tries to move to open up cap space.

It will be interesting to watch how Florida plays this.

If they dump a guy like Huberdeau for futures and they can't land Panarin or Bob....

Reactions: 1point21Gigawatts

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Dale Tallon strikes me as the typical clueless good ol' Hockey mind that would prefer cheap NHL players over prospects that need to be protected from Seattle. He would probably ask for Girgensons or Larsson before Nylander. It seems ridiculous but it's Dale Tallon.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I don't see how moving Hubs clears enough cap space for florida to do anything worthwhile. I still say acquiring Panarin and the Bobs is a silly idea. Those are the types of rentals you go for if you're in serious contention for the cup and think you have a chance to re-sign them in the offseason. Nothing Panarin has said indicates he is doing anything other than testing the market. I kind of hope florida does it. the implosion would be epic.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
I am all on board the Hubbey trade idea. Would be an excellent 2nd line center for us moving forward.

Another thing to consider if we sign Skinner as well. Ottawa will need to take on dead CAP space this offseason...perhaps there is a deal to be made to shed a bad contract or two with them if we throw in a pick or two.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah Huberdeau is another diving winger.

The issue of outbidding to get him from Florida is that Columbus is going to want NHL help if they do pull the plug on one or both of Panarin or Bobrovsky. They can't simply go all futures. And what Buffalo has to offer are futures.

Reactions: RWatson29

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Risto has his warts, but man does he get a bad wrap around here. If we trade Risto, our defense becomes significantly worse. We really aren't in a position to make our D worse.

Yep, dealing a thin position for wing help would be supremely stupid. So that means some will embrace it as a good idea and who knows what GM BigHead does, since his track record is pretty spotty at best.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Yeah Huberdeau is another diving winger.

The issue of outbidding to get him from Florida is that Columbus is going to want NHL help if they do pull the plug on one or both of Panarin or Bobrovsky. They can't simply go all futures. And what Buffalo has to offer are futures.

Huberdeau+Reimer for Panarin+Bob would be interesting.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
??

Pilut-Dahlin (ride or die with the rooks)
Scandella-Bogo
McCabe-Nelson
Bloyou-Hunny

or we include something else for Pysyk

That is brutal.

RD is the biggest need this team has IMO. Taking our best guy away blows a massive hole in the roster.

If Huberdeau was an accomplished centre I'd at least half understand the logic (yet still disagree).

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
That is brutal.

RD is the biggest need this team has IMO. Taking our best guy away blows a massive hole in the roster.

If Huberdeau was an accomplished centre I'd at least half understand the logic (yet still disagree).
yeah I wasnt advocating to do it, just laying down what it'd look like. I'm not on board with moving Risto yet, as Dahlin matures, he'll continue to take his minutes and we may see more efffective Risto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->