Roster Speculation 2013-2014 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmband

Feb 15, 2010
Boston, Ma
I want Ryan Strome. I have seen him twice now including tonight. Best player on ice. Miller for him would be steal. I'd also give the first rounder
back for him

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Even with that pick included there's not a chance they move Strome.

What about our potential 1st overall for him, they already have Tavares as the number one center for the next decade. I am sure they could use Eckblad. :naughty: I take Strome over any forward in this draft with ease. Plus he's already developed and could step into a role with the team right away.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
What about our potential 1st overall for him, they already have Tavares as the number one center for the next decade. I am sure they could use Eckblad. :naughty: I take Strome over any forward in this draft with ease. Plus he's already developed and could step into a role with the team right away.

I watched strome from day one with niagara, I dont take him with ease over any forward in this draft even though its tough to compare 17 year olds to 20 year olds. I just believe Reinhart is going to be much better than people want to believe.

Last edited:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I watched strome from day one with niagara, I dont take him with ease over any forward in this draft even though its tough to compare 17 year olds to 20 year olds. I just believe Reinhart is going to be much better than people want to believe.

Agree about Strome. I don't see how anyone can act like he's far beyond guys like Reinhart when he is basically the same level of prospect at best. Yeah, Reinhart isn't a homerun #1 overall like MacKinnon, Tavares, or Stamkos, but the only clear advantage to Strome is that he's a couple years ahead in development. Incidentally, that is an advantage more important to the Isles than to us, so I don't see why they'd want to do it either, all things being equal (not saying they are).

I am a sucker for reuniting family ties in sports, but I doubt it's a priority for Isles management, just like it wouldn't make much sense for us to deal for Griffin if we draft Sam. I could see either team wanting to acquire Max Reinhart, on the other hand.

Slapshot85

Jul 1, 2011
Any deal with the Islanders (and most teams, IMO) for Miller needs to start with their 2015 first round pick.

I don't see that kind of market for any goalie--no matter how good he is. A mid-to-late round 1st round pick for 2014 from a playoff team is what I think would be offered at best.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
Garth claims that the Isles and Kings are circling Miller. It makes sense. Poulin couldn't stop a beach ball and Scrivens may not keep up his level of play for more than a month.

Miller (some amount retained) and McNabb for Toffoli and a C-level prospect/late pick?

Miller, Adam, and a 3rd for Strome, 5th?

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Garth claims that the Isles and Kings are circling Miller. It makes sense. Poulin couldn't stop a beach ball and Scrivens may not keep up his level of play for more than a month.

Miller (some amount retained) and McNabb for Toffoli and a C-level prospect/late pick?

Miller, Adam, and a 3rd for Strome, 5th?

Two things.

1) Garth sucks.
2) Miller won't return a top prospect of Strome/Toffoli ilk.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Two things.

1) Garth sucks.
2) Miller won't return a top prospect of Strome/Toffoli ilk.

Yup. I don't see the urgency for LA to add Miller either. Even if Scrivens falls apart (which is far from happening at this point) they'll have Quick back in a month. The isles certainly seem like they'd be interested, but are they willing to pay the price for yet another rental?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
but are they willing to pay the price for yet another rental?

That depends on the price.

I'm willing to move him for less than a first if there's nothing else out there. I don't like my odds of waiting until the deadline.

Ideally, I'd target a blue chip for Miller + some picks. We're not going to be able to develop a couple dozen first and second rounders all at once. About time we moved quantity for quality.

EDIT: Hell, if they want to put all their eggs in this year's basket, I'd even do Miller + (Moulson or Ott) for Strome.

Last edited:

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Out of pure bizarre curiosity, what is Garth's actual identity?

Best guesses:

garth_algar_3.jpg

2611739-garth-brooks-country-music-hall-of-fame-2012-617-409.jpg

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Yup. I don't see the urgency for LA to add Miller either. Even if Scrivens falls apart (which is far from happening at this point) they'll have Quick back in a month. The isles certainly seem like they'd be interested, but are they willing to pay the price for yet another rental?

I would go as far as Miller and Ehrhoff for Strome. We are trading from a position of strength and Strome is the right age for our new group of youngster. I know about the whole no movement clause but Miller and Ehrhoff might have interest in joining Vanek / Tavares.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I would go as far as Miller and Ehrhoff for Strome. We are trading from a position of strength and Strome is the right age for our new group of youngster. I know about the whole no movement clause but Miller and Ehrhoff might have interest in joining Vanek / Tavares.

I would be very surprised if Hoff gets moved due to the cap recapture penalty.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
ITT: People who have not watched Strome play.

I'm a big fan of him but he doesn't make players around him better.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY

I'd do that deal as well, but I'm not sure that Snow would want to deal a young cost controlled asset like Strome, especially with him being a blue-chipper. I think at this point it's looking more likely that the islanders trade Vanek get some assets back and defer that 1st rounder to next year. Who knows with Snow though? Maybe he still tries to salvage this year so he doesn't have to give up his 2015 1st rounder.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Christian Ehrhoff has one of the most valuable contracts in the entire NHL. As much as I like Strome I'm not dealing Ehrhoff for him straight up. It makes no sense.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Christian Ehrhoff has one of the most valuable contracts in the entire NHL. As much as I like Strome I'm not dealing Ehrhoff for him straight up. It makes no sense.

It'd make sense to me if the recapture exposure didn't exist.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
That's debatable. Miller and a piece like Hodgson/Ennis/Risto? Sure. Fringe prospects like Adam or McNabb? Not a chance.

Miller, Moulson, Ott and at least a couple of second rounders should be on the table for us to try and ply a blue chip forward prospect out of some team. There are quite a few non-future-core pieces available to play around with. If a team wants rentals, they're not going to be interested in our prospects anyways. Give them more of what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad