Speculation: Roster Speculation 2013-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I think Myers is gone next year.

About 3 years too late, I think we're stuck with him. I've been saying we should move him for years now. I doubt we get rid of Weber either, despite him playing poorly in a few games this year. Honestly Ehrhoff looks like the guy who could be the most moveable. He's on a great contract, can play big minutes and teams would pay a lot to obtain him.

heartsabres*

To be fair to Weber, he just had a baby and I'm sure he's adjusting to the schedule. Give him some time to bounce back. He was on WGR before the Columbus game and basically said he hasn't gotten any sleep.

To be honest i am not really basing it on his play the last few games...

I think the talent next year on this team push him out of the lineup and I don´t think he is kept around as a 7th defenceman

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
To be fair to Weber, he just had a baby and I'm sure he's adjusting to the schedule. Give him some time to bounce back. He was on WGR before the Columbus game and basically said he hasn't gotten any sleep.
I was going to mention the same thing.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
To be honest i am not really basing it on his play the last few games...

I think the talent next year on this team push him out of the lineup and I don´t think he is kept around as a 7th defenceman

Weber ain't going nowhere. If they need to make space for Zadorov or McCabe next year they can let Tallinder walk.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I don't like the idea of selling low on Myers. If he's bad, let him be bad here, because you're not going to get anything back that's worth his potential.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I don't like the idea of selling low on Myers. If he's bad, let him be bad here, because you're not going to get anything back that's worth his potential.

I rather lose his badness in the lineup next year than not make space for McCabe (if he leaves college).

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

If the Sabres were a contending team, I'd trade Myers.

They're in full rebuild mode. I'd take the chance on him developing. They're selling low now, and if he doesn't develop, they'll sell low in the future. In these circumstances, better to just hang on and see what he can be.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I'd trade Vanek in December to a contender for picks and prospects, with a #1 pick part of the deal. I'd trade Miller to whoever for whatever (maybe Anaheim for a 1st and DSP). Then I'd hold on to the deadline and see if Colorado bites on Grigorenko, Ehrhoff, and the first from the Vanek trade (Roy would need some serious residual man-love for Grigorenko to do that).

Finish up the season:
Foligno - Hodgson - Ennis
Larsson - O'Reilly - Stafford
Ott - Porter - Flynn
Scott - McCormick - Kaleta

And ensure the tank.

heartsabres*

Weber ain't going nowhere. If they need to make space for Zadorov or McCabe next year they can let Tallinder walk.

You are thinking with you heart and to be honest I am not sure if it will be 100%.... Tillander will be signed to a 1-2 year contract I am sure of that. I think McCabe gets a year in the AHL and Zadarov makes the jump.

2 years from now how could you put Weber in the lineup?

Myers Ehrhoff
Pysyk Risto
Zads McNabb
McCabe, Tillander

I don´t see Weber pushing anyone out.

heartsabres*

I'd trade Vanek in December to a contender for picks and prospects, with a #1 pick part of the deal. I'd trade Miller to whoever for whatever (maybe Anaheim for a 1st and DSP). Then I'd hold on to the deadline and see if Colorado bites on Grigorenko, Ehrhoff, and the first from the Vanek trade (Roy would need some serious residual man-love for Grigorenko to do that).

Finish up the season:
Foligno - Hodgson - Ennis
Larsson - O'Reilly - Stafford
Ott - Porter - Flynn
Scott - McCormick - Kaleta

And ensure the tank.
People keep putting O´Reilly in trades but the guy is going nowhere. If anything it is Stastny on the way out.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Tillander will be signed to a 1-2 year contract I am sure of that.

How could you be sure of a 34 year old D-man who's lost 1-2 steps getting an extension? Tallinder is most likely gone next summer, if not at the TDL. There is no reason to keep him on the roster for the money he could still get elsewhere.

Next season's d-corps -

Ehrhoff-Myers
Zadorov-Pysyk
Weber-Ristolainen
McNabb or Ruhwedel or McBain

McCabe in two years.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Interesting proposal on the trade board:

Vanek + for Callahan and Kreider. Vanek and Callahan are pending UFAs. Both teams need a shake up. The trade works if Buffalo take 50% of Vanek's salary.

I'd possible see if the Rangers would add Boyle, another pending UFA, to the deal. The "+" would need to be bigger.

Then re-sign Callahan and Boyle.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

Vanek + for Callahan and Kreider. Vanek and Callahan are pending UFAs. Both teams need a shake up. The trade works if Buffalo take 50% of Vanek's salary.

I'd possible see if the Rangers would add Boyle, another pending UFA, to the deal. The "+" would need to be bigger.

I'm in. Love it

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
I'm in. Love it

If Kreider can turn into what he was supposed to turn into, I'd love it too. He looked great in those playoffs, but now it seems like he just can't keep up.

Looks to be doing okay statistically in Hartford.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Oilers want Miller.

Dubnyk and a 1st for Miller. Assuming he re signs. Edmonton is closer to LA for him and the California teams do not need a goalie next year.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Oilers want Miller.

Dubnyk and a 1st for Miller. Assuming he re signs. Edmonton is closer to LA for him and the California teams do not need a goalie next year.

Why would we want Dubnyk? And this whole California thing is overblown. People act like its the only thing on his mind

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

Id be in depending on the +

Prospector74

Jul 5, 2011
Leonardtown, MD
Oilers want Miller.

1st for Miller straight up with no resigning conditions. Don't want Dubnyk back but would take him if you see some value in offloading his salary. If you want to dump cap, Hemsky makes more sense for Buffalo (don't care much for him either to be honest). What D-man would we need to add to turn the trade into Yak as the Edmonton offer and forget the pick? Miller + Ehrhoff get it done if we eat Dubnyk as part of the return and retain salary on Miller? Ott and Vanek (would require change to Edmonton package) are other chips Buffalo has but believe your greatest need is goalie followed by D for current year.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
If we can get a first from edmonton from Miller thatd be amazing. Also love the callahan/kreider idea. Lock up callahan long term and let him lead the charge along with otter

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
If we can get a first from edmonton from Miller thatd be amazing. Also love the callahan/kreider idea. Lock up callahan long term and let him lead the charge along with otter

Don't think New York's going to dump those two... Callahan is one of their only leaders that actually plays with a purpose and throws it, PK's, scores, does basically everything. Kreider still remains a guy that should hopefully find his head/game and come up to be a 2nd line winger.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Don't think New York's going to dump those two... Callahan is one of their only leaders that actually plays with a purpose and throws it, PK's, scores, does basically everything. Kreider still remains a guy that should hopefully find his head/game and come up to be a 2nd line winger.

It's not a matter if NY wants to dump Callahan or not. He's an UFA.

The idea is to trade a UFA for an UFA as a shake up move on New York's end.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

Trade Ott for a 1st. Players like him are overvalued at the deadline. If he wants to be here, he can re-sign on July 1.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
It's not a matter if NY wants to dump Callahan or not. He's an UFA.

The idea is to trade a UFA for an UFA as a shake up move on New York's end.

Callahan is their heart and soul. I don't see a scenario where they don't get him re-signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad