Roster Speculation – 2015-16 – Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I would bet that Moulson gets heavy top 6 time, being a proven veteran, but he just strikes me as an anchor, and not the good kind. I'd prefer if he were limited to a 3rd line offensive zone role, with PP time. I don't want him being relied upon for defense at all.

The type of offensive role you envision for Moulson is what I expect for Eichel to start off with. So pairing them up would make sense. A line of Moulson/Eichel/Ennis getting Ozone starts could be pretty deadly.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
The type of offensive role you envision for Moulson is what I expect for Eichel to start off with. So pairing them up would make sense. A line of Moulson/Eichel/Ennis getting Ozone starts could be pretty deadly.

That would be a sick line, assuming that Eichel comes out of the gate ready for top six center mins.

Kane - ROR - Reinhart
Moulson - Eichel - Ennis
Larsson - Girgensons - Gionta
Foligno - Legwand - McGinn

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

I wholeheartedly agree. That line makes as much obvious sense to me as Kane-ROR-Girgensons

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I wholeheartedly agree. That line makes as much obvious sense to me as Kane-ROR-Girgensons
I hate both of those lines. Keeping 3/4ths of our good defensive forwards on one line makes no sense to me, as does asking Eichel to be his line's best defensive player. Also, if you're playing Eichel with one puck-hog, why not the one who adds an element to his line?

One of Kane/Larsson/O'Reilly/Girgensons needs to be with Eichel/Reinhart for the first half of the season, full stop.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I hate both of those lines. Keeping 3/4ths of our good defensive forwards on one line makes no sense to me, as does asking Eichel to be his line's best defensive player. Also, if you're playing Eichel with one puck-hog, why not the one who adds an element to his line?

One of Kane/Larsson/O'Reilly/Girgensons needs to be with Eichel/Reinhart for the first half of the season, full stop.

If you're going to have one line to all the heavy lifting it makes sense. Also if you want to give eichel easy minutes and all ozone starts it works as well.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I love ROR and all, but my favorite part of that trade might be that we don't have to squeeze Grigorenko into the line-up anymore :laugh: He really had no place on this team, it was impossible to find a spot for him. I don't think any two HF posters had him in the same spot in their projected line-up's, which is a good clue that you need to trade a guy. Now the top 9 has no dead weight or question marks.

Even if he does turn out to be a good NHL scorer, he doesn't seem like the kind of player that has another level he could access for the playoffs. So even if he turns out great, I can't imagine ever having second thoughts about this trade.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
I'm still touting this lineup...some of which Blysma has spoken about .... "not sure if Kane/Eichel will work."

With that said:

Kane - ROR - McGinn
Def the heavy lifting, as they are the most dEfensively responsible, most experienced and play styles that would mesh. Can call them #1 line but they won't be heavy OZ starts.

Moulson - Larsson - Ennis
Why screw up a good thing. They played well together, and with depth on other lines they'll get better matchups.

That leaves us....
Girgsensons/Eichel - Eichel/Girgensons - Reinhart
Personally, this is the line I want to see, especially on home ice, offensive zone start, with the last change. Please, please, please....I want to see these three together on the PP and a line. A bull, a pure cerebral passer and a complete stud....

Foligno - Legwand - Gionta - Des - McCormick

To me, that rolls 3 very good, balanced lines with a solid 4th line

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
If you're going to have one line to all the heavy lifting it makes sense. Also if you want to give eichel easy minutes and all ozone starts it works as well.
If you're dooming a line to D-zone starts, you can get most of Kane's defense and forechecking with less opportunity cost with a Larsson/Girgensons-O'Reilly tandem and a random RW.

And no, asking Eichel to be his line's best defensive player and first man in on the forecheck does not work.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
How about PP units?

Unit #1

Molson - ROR - Ennis
Eichel - Risto

Unit #2

Kane - Reinhart - Gionta
Georges - McCabe

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I like the idea of girgs eichel reinhart.

But from a practical view this league can still be a mean intimidating place and nobody on that line is ready to consistently punish the opponent or protect their linemates.

I'm not saying i want a goon with either ike or samson, but at this point both need some protection. Girgs is great for in play physicality, but he is not the guy to constantly get in other people's faces the second they take liberties.

In a couple years, that's a monster line. Now I'd rather make sure one of foligno/kane/mcginn is on a line with reinhart/eichel.

Especially as rookies it will mean a lot to them to know they have somebody looking out for them.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
McGinn - O'Rielly - Girgensons = defensive assignments.
Moulson - Eichel - Ennis = o-zone starts.
Kane - Larsson - Reinhart = feed on scrap d-pairings.
Foligno - Legwand - Gionta = just don't **** up.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
McGinn - O'Rielly - Girgensons = defensive assignments.
Moulson - Eichel - Ennis = o-zone starts.
Kane - Larsson - Reinhart = feed on scrap d-pairings.
Foligno - Legwand - Gionta = just don't **** up.

I'd like to see Girgensons, McGinn and Foligno on the same line. :yo:

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I'd like to see Girgensons, McGinn and Foligno on the same line. :yo:

How's this ?

Kane - ROR -
Moulson - Eichel -
Foligno - Girgs - McGinn

ok, I had to stop...Where would you put Ennis, Larsson, and Reinhart ? No way they are 4th liners, lol

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
How's this ?

Kane - ROR -
Moulson - Eichel -
Foligno - Girgs - McGinn

ok, I had to stop...Where would you put Ennis, Larsson, and Reinhart ? No way they are 4th liners, lol
I know - it'll be interesting to see how the pieces fit together.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I'm disappointed that we don't have a guaranteed spot for Deslauriers, he's incredibly entertaining to watch. Granted there's almost always gonna be someone injured and he will play plenty...maybe we can sneak him in on defense lol

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
How's this ?

Kane - ROR -
Moulson - Eichel -
Foligno - Girgs - McGinn

At least one of those players will be injured at any point in time though.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I love ROR and all, but my favorite part of that trade might be that we don't have to squeeze Grigorenko into the line-up anymore :laugh: He really had no place on this team, it was impossible to find a spot for him. I don't think any two HF posters had him in the same spot in their projected line-up's, which is a good clue that you need to trade a guy. Now the top 9 has no dead weight or question marks.

Even if he does turn out to be a good NHL scorer, he doesn't seem like the kind of player that has another level he could access for the playoffs. So even if he turns out great, I can't imagine ever having second thoughts about this trade.

Sure looks like just about every player is being floated around the lineup with a few consensus exceptions. Imo, the guy got screwed by the organization since he got drafted, should have made the club last season out of camp, then there's no room for him. All pretty silly and if the timing was a little different, on a cap conscious Sabres, guys like Moulson would be moved to make room for him. He'll do fine in COL.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Are there any armchair GM's out there who don't share our real GM's aversion to having Russians on the team?

Any interest in a 33 yo left shooting defensemen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad