Roster Moves & Training Camp Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Personally, I just use the direct url to the Oilers subforum, it's where I do 95% of my browsing here anyway. If I want to see the main board I can access it from here.

Always this. The other boards or forum rarely even exist usually as a result, a good thing.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I don't know how valuable AHL time will be this year. Short season, super watered down talent-wise, only playing the same few teams.

Add in the trouble of bringing him back across the border if they do need him, I think I'd rather just have him practicing with the team and playing the odd game with the big club.
I actually agree. I am nit sure Bouchard has much more to learn in the situtaion you describe. I am fine with him on the taxi squad as I suspect he will get almost as many games in with the Oilers as he would in a very chaotic AHL season.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
I actually agree. I am nit sure Bouchard has much more to learn in the situtaion you describe. I am fine with him on the taxi squad as I suspect he will get almost as many games in with the Oilers as he would in a very chaotic AHL season.
In many ways he is ready ...could probably use some reps in the Dzone ....practice would make him better. Hope management and coaching and fans are prepared for some serious brainfarts as he learns.
Wish we had a true number one for him to model his game after and learn from; as it is though Larsson might have some serious value in the teaching end--Barrie is definitely not someone we want him emulating.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground

yeah in any other year you would want him playing big minutes in Bakersfield. I tend to think development will be better with the big club. Not ideal but the best option.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I went onto Twitter after 2 days and I am seeing a lot of people sh***** on McDavid for his NYE picture lol. I seen Gregor said that they all live together right now. His parents, brother, and their gf's

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I went onto Twitter after 2 days and I am seeing a lot of people sh***** on McDavid for his NYE picture lol. I seen Gregor said that they all live together right now. His parents, brother, and their gf's

I'm sure they "live" together. Probably for about 2 or 3 weeks before the rest of his family heads back to Ontario. Oh and Draisaitl and his girlfriend apparently live with them too? That's a lot of people under one roof.

Irresponsible thing to do from a public health stand point. Also moronic to post it to twitter and not think people are going to react. Bizarre from someone who is normally so careful about the public image they present.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I'm sure they "live" together. Probably for about 2 or 3 weeks before the rest of his family heads back to Ontario. Oh and Draisaitl and his girlfriend apparently live with them too? That's a lot of people under one roof.

Irresponsible thing to do from a public health stand point. Also moronic to post it to twitter and not think people are going to react. Bizarre from someone who is normally so careful about the public image they present.
Oh my god

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
yeah that's pretty hard to defend and really stupid to do and post about. Meanwhile my 70 year old parents are trying to stay busy with projects so they don't miss their children and grandchildren too much 0ver the holiday season.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I didn't see anything about Drai, but if he moved his family over before the restrictions, there is nothing wrong with it. Same household. Still not good optics posting it.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

Training Camp Roster:

Forwards (23)
8 Kyle Turris - 10 Joakim Nygard - 14 Devin Shore (PTO) - 15 Josh Archibald - 16 Jujhar Khaira - 18 James Neal
21 Dominik Kahun - 23 Seth Griffith - 26 Alan Quine - 27 Adam Cracknell - 29 Leon Draisaitl - 39 Alex Chiasson
44 Zack Kassian - 49 Tyler Benson - 52 Patrick Russell - 56 Kailer Yamamoto - 63 Tyler Ennis - 65 Cooper Marody
70 Ryan McLeod - 91 Gaetan Haas - 93 Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - 97 Connor McDavid - 98 Jesse Puljujarvi

Defensemen (12)
4 Kris Russell - 5 Ryan Stanton (PTO) - 6 Adam Larsson - 20 Slater Koekkoek - 22 Tyson Barrie - 25 Darnell Nurse
74 Ethan Bear - 75 Evan Bouchard - 80 Markus Niemelainen - 81 Theodor Lennstrom - 82 Caleb Jones - 84 William Lagesson

Goalies (5)
19 Mikko Koskinen - 30 Dylan Wells - 33 Anton Forsberg - 41 Mike Smith - 50 Stuart Skinner

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Training Camp Roster:

Forwards (23)
8 Kyle Turris - 10 Joakim Nygard - 14 Devin Shore (PTO) - 15 Josh Archibald - 16 Jujhar Khaira - 18 James Neal
21 Dominik Kahun - 23 Seth Griffith - 26 Alan Quine - 27 Adam Cracknell - 29 Leon Draisaitl - 39 Alex Chiasson
44 Zack Kassian - 49 Tyler Benson - 52 Patrick Russell - 56 Kailer Yamamoto - 63 Tyler Ennis - 65 Cooper Marody
70 Ryan McLeod - 91 Gaetan Haas - 93 Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - 97 Connor McDavid - 98 Jesse Puljujarvi

Defensemen (12)
4 Kris Russell - 5 Ryan Stanton (PTO) - 6 Adam Larsson - 20 Slater Koekkoek - 22 Tyson Barrie - 25 Darnell Nurse
74 Ethan Bear - 75 Evan Bouchard - 80 Markus Niemelainen - 81 Theodor Lennstrom - 82 Caleb Jones - 84 William Lagesson

Goalies (5)
19 Mikko Koskinen - 30 Dylan Wells - 33 Anton Forsberg - 41 Mike Smith - 50 Stuart Skinner

That's a pretty deep forward training camp roster.

North

Jun 25, 2009

Training Camp Roster:

Forwards (23)

Defensemen (12)

Goalies (5)

Oddly enough, I’m really looking forward to seeing how Niemelainen looks now.

I remember him being fairly mobile during development camp but his time at Saginaw was unfortunate. He seems to have turned it around in Finland.

Last edited:

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Quine is a guy I have my eye on heading into camp. A lot of Flames fans were disappointed he was moving on, and he's one of those tweeners who has always put up great numbers in the AHL. Haas was okay last year, but didn't do anything huge to stand out and he'll have some competition this year to keep a roster spot.

Reactions: North

RogueJedi

Apr 27, 2010
Quine is a guy I have my eye on heading into camp. A lot of Flames fans were disappointed he was moving on, and he's one of those tweeners who has always put up great numbers in the AHL. Haas was okay last year, but didn't do anything huge to stand out and he'll have some competition this year to keep a roster spot.

Haas and Khaira should both be worried.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What's wrong with 98?

McDavid must wear a ridiculous number too then.
McDavid is the best player in the world. He can wear whatever number he wants. 98 is a unique number that makes him standout and when he's a player that hasn't established himself in this league, it makes him look ridiculous.

Ho-Sang wanting to wear 66 follows the same logic. It just draws attention to yourself in a bad way.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
McDavid is the best player in the world. He can wear whatever number he wants. 98 is a unique number that makes him standout and when he's a player that hasn't established himself in this league, it makes him look ridiculous.

Ho-Sang wanting to wear 66 follows the same logic. It just draws attention to yourself in a bad way.
I'm sure you can figure out why JP wants to wear 98.

Doesn't make him look ridiculous at all.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I thought I read something about Jesse planning to wear a new number, personally I'd be relieved if he doesn't. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad