Roster Moves & Training Camp Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueJedi

Apr 27, 2010
I'd like to see Koskinen get the majority of the starts, but I think it will be tough with so many back to back games. Goaltending may be our achilles heal.

I am curious if Forsberg will get any games, even without injury occurring.

Reactions: Beerfish

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I'd like to see Koskinen get the majority of the starts, but I think it will be tough with so many back to back games. Goaltending may be our achilles heal.

I am curious if Forsberg will get any games, even without injury occurring.
Our goaltending is fine aside from Smith's playmaking.
Klefbom being out will be our biggest issue this year. Not having a top pairing dman could hurt us.

RogueJedi

Apr 27, 2010
Klefbom being out will be our biggest issue this year. Not having a top pairing dman could hurt us.

Smith gives up far too many goals against. And it would be great if he could get his SV% up, but I don't see that happening.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Smith gives up far too many goals against. And it would be great if he could get his SV% up, but I don't see that happening.
Take away the ~10 stupid goals he gave up while being behind his own net as the puck was going in and he is on par with just about any 1a/B goalie in terms of save% and GAA.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

I think Barrie will be able to replace Klefbom's PP and second pairing 5v5 minutes.

Especially the half-broken Klefbom that's been playing for the past few seasons.

Reactions: nabob

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Take away the ~10 stupid goals he gave up while being behind his own net as the puck was going in and he is on par with just about any 1a/B goalie in terms of save% and GAA.
But for everyone of those, he's also moved the puck up ice quickly to our forwards 3 times over, resulting in scoring chances. If our defence wasn't so inept at skating the puck out or moving it quickly, maybe he wouldn't have to be so aggressive in trying to do too much.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
If Nurse can maybe take a step this year and actually become a full top pairing dman with the absence of Klefbom, we will be golden

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
If Nurse can maybe take a step this year and actually become a full top pairing dman with the absence of Klefbom, we will be golden
I agree, Nurse might be the most important player on our roster this year.

well him and Koskinen. If they falter I don’t have much faith in our depth in those spots.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
But for everyone of those, he's also moved the puck up ice quickly to our forwards 3 times over, resulting in scoring chances. If our defence wasn't so inept at skating the puck out or moving it quickly, maybe he wouldn't have to be so aggressive in trying to do too much.
That's his natural game. He would be this aggressive even if he played in TB or STL.
A goalies job is to stop the puck and not be a puck mover. His itch to make plays is a net negative.

Reactions: NashtoNowitzki

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'd rather Bouchard get sent down instead of being on the taxi squad.

I don't know how valuable AHL time will be this year. Short season, super watered down talent-wise, only playing the same few teams.

Add in the trouble of bringing him back across the border if they do need him, I think I'd rather just have him practicing with the team and playing the odd game with the big club.

RogueJedi

Apr 27, 2010
I don't know how valuable AHL time will be this year. Short season, super watered down talent-wise, only playing the same few teams.

Add in the trouble of bringing him back across the border if they do need him, I think I'd rather just have him practicing with the team and playing the odd game with the big club.

Yeah I think so too. Injuries are going to be inevitable this year because of the condensed schedule, so he'll get his fair share of NHL games. Would be nice to ease him in and to let him learn from Barrie.

Reactions: Cypress
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->