Roster in 2017/18 - Part II

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
lets assume you are right about Hendricks for the moment. then the 4th line will be mathias copp dano. roslovic has a very small chance of bumping copp but then copp would bump dano. and 4th line would be mathias roslovic copp.

As far as I can tell any of them would be trying out for a 3C scoring role and Lowry would be the shutdown 4C.
If they make it off course. I don't think Mo will put any of Roslovic, Petan or Copp in a limited 4C role. At least I hope he won't this time.
If they can't prove they can handle it then I think Lowry comes in as a shutdown 3C and we see a
Matthias/Tanev - Hendricks/Copp - Copp/Dano
type of 4th line and both Roslovic and Petan with the Moose.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Petan-Dano
Copp-Lowry-Armia
Matthias-Hendricks

Morrissey-Trouba
Kulikov-Byfuglien
Enstrom-Myers
Chiarot

Mason
Hellebuyck

Sgarbossa-Roslovic-Spacek
Lemieux-DeLeo-Lipon
Tanev-Harkins-Appleton
Robinson-Cormier-Lodge
Beauvillier

Niku-Poolman
Melchiori-Nogier
Schilling-Kostalek
Kulivich/Stoykewych

Comrie
Hutchinson

Holy s*** imagine the moose competing for a playoff spot next spring. Spacek and Harkins add a lot of talent to their forward group, Roslo takes another step forward and Niku + Poolman really reinforce the defensive group. Could see both teams doing very well this season.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
For me it will come down to who can play in the bottom 6. I don't think Petan possesses the two-way game to be a center and he doesn't elevate the players around him enough to be a bottom 6 winger.
Roslovic has more speed, better two-way play, and IMO has better finish. Petan will need to take a big step forward to keep Roslovic from passing him on the depth chart. At least in my opinion.

I agree though. I'd rather see Petan called up then Hendricks dress. On the road though it's likely one of Hendrick/Tanev until they fly someone out.

Yup. Roslo will pass Petan. Just not sure if it will be this year. Maybe later this year. Or out of TC. Just not sure yet.

At home, the Moose will likely be on the road so it will still be a PB guy for 1 game.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Bobby Mac weighs in, thinks that PauMau is gonna PauMau:

Expecting Thorburn v2.0.

In other Canadian team news: predicts that EDM will start with McDavid/Drai/RNH down the middle, Maroon-McD-Strome likely first line, Marleau to play with Kadri, Jagr not signing with CGY, could see Karlsson paired with veteran Johnny Oduya :)popcorn:), Drouin to be tried as 1C with Pacioretty, Galchenyuk seen as LW for now.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
But still we think he has the inside scoop on Jets' line-up plans?

Exactly, while I respect his opinion he is really just making a personal guess at the roster makeup. No different than what the rest of us in this thread are doing. Training camp will decide most of the makeup and combination of the bottom 6 skill just sit back and wait until the first regular season game before I sharpen my pitchfork lol.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016

He also said yesterday that the oilers will probably go out and get a veteran dman before the season starts. How much you want to bet the oilers get a veteran dman before the season starts. He usually gets 30 out of 30 right at the draft but what does he know.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
He also said yesterday that the oilers will probably go out and get a veteran dman before the season starts. How much you want to bet the oilers get a veteran dman before the season starts. He usually gets 30 out of 30 right at the draft but what does he know.

I don't see anyone questioning his insider knowledge of trades or draft selections.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Mark Stuart?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Lineup du jour...

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor/MP-Little-Ehlers
MP/Connor-Lowry-Armia
Copp-Matthias-Dano
Hendricks Tanev

Morrissey-Trouba
Kulikov-Byfuglien
Enstrom-Myers
Chiarot

Mason Helle

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Did Bobby Mac really not include Laine Scheif Ehlers in any scenario? Cmon Bobby!

Exactly, while I respect his opinion he is really just making a personal guess at the roster makeup. No different than what the rest of us in this thread are doing. Training camp will decide most of the makeup and combination of the bottom 6 skill just sit back and wait until the first regular season game before I sharpen my pitchfork lol.

He was actually quoting lines discussed with Chevy in a very good interview that was released not long ago. Doesn't mean it will happen but he wasn't just spouting whatever came to his mind.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/does-cheveldayoff-believe-the-jets-are-a-playoff-team~1204851

Jeffsrig

Jan 27, 2015
Innisfail
Ehlers-Sheif-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Laine
Connor-Lowry-Armia
Matthias-Copp-Henricks
Tanev-Petan

Morrissey-Trouba
Kulikov-Buff
Enstrom-Myers
Chiarot

Mason
Hellebuyck

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
It will be interesting to see how much less hand holding Laine will need defensively and possession-wise. There is a good chance Laine can operate much better with players that were not so good for him last season.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Nope.
Matthias is the odd man out on the Jets. Chevy pretty much said exactly that in the Bobby Mac interview.

Well he said "just because you've played in the NHL last season doesn't mean you will this season" or something like that. Could also mean Hendricks. This team is gonna try to win, and they value Copp highly at center. If they believe Copp gives them a better chance, then Copp will start over Hendricks. If Hendricks is playing like trash, he's gonna sit, so I'm not too worried about it. Thorburn was never in the lineup in the past because he would better help the team win, that's for sure..

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Nope.
Matthias is the odd man out on the Jets. Chevy pretty much said exactly that in the Bobby Mac interview.

I think the main reason for the Matthias signing was so Chevy would have someone to expose in the expansion draft. The timing of Dano's contract extension was also almost certainly linked to the Jets' requirement to have two eligible forwards signed through the 2017/18 season.

Also, the Jets' protected list probably gives some clue about how the Jets feel about their forwards (Copp > Dano, for example).

Here is the Jets' final protection list:

F: Scheifele, Ehlers, Wheeler, Little, Perreault, Lowry, Copp

D: Buff, Trouba, Myers

G: Hellebuyck

Exposed F: Matthias and Dano
Exposed D: Enstrom

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
He did absolutely not say anything like that.

"still a feeling out process of where he actually comes in"...But there's gonna be competition, there's opportunities but not...." then goes on to talk about how important Lemiux and Rosolvic look and them coming into the lineup sooner rather than latter. and then talks about guys who played in the NHL not making the team.

doesn't sound like a glowing endorsement. Doesn't sound like a guaranteed lineup spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->