Roster in 2017/18 - Part II

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
How about:

Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
MP-Lowry-Armia
Matthias-Copp-Dano

Tanev and Sgarbossa PB and Petan and Roslovic 1st line on the Moose.

Go with the young guns on the 1st line and watch them become the most dangerous trio in the NHL. If Connor is ready Little and Wheeler give him a real nice spot to succeed as the goal scorer he can be. MP adds offense to the 3rd while still strong defensively. And a steady 4th that can play 12 minutes a night and carry it's weight. Fringe guys in the PB and 2 future players still on ELC's getting big minutes in all situations on the farm and ready to plug in for injuries.

I agree with this but connor on 3rd line. We don't even know he will make team. Playing on the 2nd line as a rookie is an honor only laine got not even scheifele or ehlers did that. Read an interview with lemieux he will be in mix for the only open spot with dano and the pb guys.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I agree with this but connor on 3rd line. We don't even know he will make team. Playing on the 2nd line as a rookie is an honor only laine got not even scheifele or ehlers did that. Read an interview with lemieux he will be in mix for the only open spot with dano and the pb guys.

It's been shown in a few articles and studies that QoT may be more important than QoC. It's not "honouring" him, it would be about providing strong veteran defensive and offensive support for a talented offensive player - you're sheltering him via QoT to produce a line that could score almost as much as ESL. That's a pretty scary proposition for opponents to try to line match against and defend.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

While Connor is a rookie he isn't a "raw" rookie. He started in the NHL last season and got 20 games in. He also had a very strong showing on the Moose over 52 games. I get the idea with MP having earned a spot on the 2nd line I just think we are better off with a little more balance in the lineup.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
While Connor is a rookie he isn't a "raw" rookie. He started in the NHL last season and got 20 games in. He also had a very strong showing on the Moose over 52 games. I get the idea with MP having earned a spot on the 2nd line I just think we are better off with a little more balance in the lineup.

I agree we are better with a more balanced line up but playing 82 games on the 2nd line in the nhl is not easy for a 20 year old rookie and he is a rookie. I just think we break him in slowly and then when they are convinced he is ready they will move him up. We will know in short order.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
How about:

Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
MP-Lowry-Armia
Matthias-Copp-Dano

Tanev and Sgarbossa PB and Petan and Roslovic 1st line on the Moose.

Go with the young guns on the 1st line and watch them become the most dangerous trio in the NHL. If Connor is ready Little and Wheeler give him a real nice spot to succeed as the goal scorer he can be. MP adds offense to the 3rd while still strong defensively. And a steady 4th that can play 12 minutes a night and carry it's weight. Fringe guys in the PB and 2 future players still on ELC's getting big minutes in all situations on the farm and ready to plug in for injuries.

I like this, the only change I'd make would be to try switching Copp and Lowry. I think having Copp's superior speed and shot would help the 3rd line more, while Armia can hold it down defensively. Then Lowry can hold down the 4th line defensively and help that line score some dirty goals.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Ehlers - Scheif - Laine
Perreault - Little - Wheeler
Connor - Copp - Dano
Matthias - Lowry - Armia

Morrissey - Trouba
Kulikov - Byfuglien
Enstrom - Myers

Mason
Helley

That third line may not get as much ice as the 4th line but they will get softer minutes and more offensive zone starts. I do feel Petan needs a spot, but where? A kid line of: Connor - Petan - Dano maybe? Reminds me A LOT of the Connor - Motte - Compher line that tore up the NCAA 2 years ago.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Petan-Perreault-Dano
Lowry-Copp-Armia
PB: Matthias, anyone but Tanev

Morrissey-Trouba
Enstrom-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers
PB: Poolman, anyone but Chiarot

Mason
Hellebuyck

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Petan-Perreault-Dano
Lowry-Copp-Armia
PB: Matthias, anyone but Tanev

Morrissey-Trouba
Enstrom-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers
PB: Poolman, anyone but Chiarot

Mason
Hellebuyck

Looks fine except put Petan and Lowry centering those lines.

SnepstStach

Apr 18, 2015
Winnipeg
I wonder how a MP Petan Dano line might do, either as a 3rd or 4th. I'm not sold that Dano has the hands but this might be a good mix, with Matthias Lowry Armis as the other 3rd or 4th. Moving MP up to top six as needed. Start Conner in the top six.

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Petan-Roslovic-Perreault
Matthias-Lowry-Armia
PB: Dano-Copp

Morrissey-Trouba
Enstrom-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers
PB: Poolman

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
New lineup Pmo style with rumour of Hendericks signing:

Bottom six now:
Connor Lowry armia
Matthias copp Hendericks

Dano sitting and Petan minors.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
New lineup Pmo style with rumour of Hendericks signing:

Bottom six now:
Connor Lowry armia
Matthias copp Hendericks

Dano sitting and Petan minors.

Actually I think it is more likely that Dano is on the 4th and Hendricks is in the PB. Agreed Petan is on the Moose. But IMO having him as the #1 C on the Moose is the best chance at him developing into an every day NHLer over revolving roles in the bottom 6.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I feel like playing Petan as an everyday NHLer offers the best chance of him becoming an everyday NHLer at this point. Not sure what he's likely to learn playing on the Moose, though I guess it's better than sitting in the PB watching Thorburn (and now Hendricks).

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Petan-Scheifele-Laine
Ehlers-Little-Wheeler
Connor-MP-Armia
Copp-Lowry-Dano
Matthias/Hendricks pb

Kuli Trouba
Morrissey Buff
Enstom Myers
Chiarot pb

Mason Helle

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I feel like playing Petan as an everyday NHLer offers the best chance of him becoming an everyday NHLer at this point. Not sure what he's likely to learn playing on the Moose, though I guess it's better than sitting in the PB watching Thorburn (and now Hendricks).

Henburn vs. Thorbricks.

Snot vs. boogers.

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
Waivers

Petan-Scheifele-Laine
Ehlers-Little-Wheeler
Connor-MP-Armia
Copp-Lowry-Dano
Matthias/Hendricks pb

Kuli Trouba
Morrissey Buff
Enstom Myers
Chiarot pb

Mason Helle

It will come down to who needs to go through waivers for the forwards that make this team. I believe Petan can still go down same as roslovich. Injuries and or a trade of MP will create the opportunities the Moose need to have a stronger season to keep the players positive and chomping at the bit for their NHL opportunity. I think MP should be dealt to Montreal as they have a huge need up front and he could help them.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
If a player is good enough. Waivers should not matter. You play him.

Petan really need to play in top 6, but he also needs to bring it and get his mojo going.
He is a wizard with the puck and we have not seen him do that yet in the NHL.

Maybe it's confidence thing or maybe he hasn't adapted yet to the speed of the NHL.he needs to soon.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

Is the interview you're referring to one directly with Lemieux from last month?

To my knowledge no one other than Lemieux himself thinks he'll be in the mix.

I applaud him for his positive outlook, but he's still got a long way to go to crack the roster at LW.

I think Lipon has a better chance, simply due to the quality of competition on the other wing.

To be clear, by better chance I mean near 0%.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB

Both Scheifele and Ehlers spent some time on the 2nd line in their rookie years... Ehlers even started there and got some time on the 1st

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Is the interview you're referring to one directly with Lemieux from last month?

To my knowledge no one other than Lemieux himself thinks he'll be in the mix.

I applaud him for his positive outlook, but he's still got a long way to go to crack the roster at LW.

I think Lipon has a better chance, simply due to the quality of competition on the other wing.

To be clear, by better chance I mean near 0%.

I agree. Lemieux needs to earn a spot in the Moose top 6 first

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Ehlers Scheif Laine
Perreault Little Wheeler
Connor Lowry Armia
Matthias Copp Dano

Tanev Hendricks upstairs

Trouba Morrissey
Buff Kulikov
Myers Toby

Chiarot upstairs

Mason/Helle

Petan to the A with Roslovic..

Matthias injured early and Lemieux takes his spot on the 4th line and everyone on hfboards eat crow when Lemieux becomes a darn good bottom 6 player.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
guy guy guy
guy guy guy
guy guy guy
Hendricks guy guy

guy guy
guy guy
guy guy

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
My current thinking:

Laine - Scheifele - Ehlers (wing switch intentional)
Connor* - Little - Wheeler
Perreault* - Petan - Armia (* can switch if it isn't working)
Copp - Lowry - Dano
Matthias, Hendricks

Enstrom - Byfuglien
Morrissey - Trouba
Kulikov - Myers
Poolman

Hellebuyck
Mason

With the inevitable injuries, Roslovic can come in and Dano can move up the lineup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad