Roster in 2017/18 - Part II

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Don't really like any of those, even a rental. Lowry is not bad enough to justify the cost of a Desharnais. Don't like Trouba for Duchene either. He is too expensive and will want a raise. Trouba has to return RHD.

I would rather aim a little lower than that. A Mikael Backlund type would suit me very well. I doubt he is available and he is due a raise.

Looking at C's from ~60 to ~90 on the pay scale Adam Lowry compares quite well, even to the top 10 or so if you eliminate those obviously first line players or not C's. Those who score well tend to be weak defensively & vice versa. There are reasons they are 3rd liners.

Lowry is good. Jets will need him big time come playoff time. His true value will show. When the game is win by inches.

Jets dont have nasty player in their F group besides him. Next one is Lemiuex .

Reactions: Whileee

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
my lineup for next game...
Connor Scheif Wheeler
MP Little Laine
Ehlers Lowry Armia
Lemieux Copp Tanev

Morrissey Trouba
Poolman Buff
Kuli Myers

Mason Helle

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
my lineup for next game...
Connor Scheif Wheeler
MP Little Laine
Ehlers Lowry Armia
Lemieux Copp Tanev

Morrissey Trouba
Poolman Buff
Kuli Myers

Mason Helle
As far as I know Lemieux wasn't called up today so he won't even be in Nashville. Though it is not a bad line up otherwise.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I know but I would have called him up and waived Hendricks.....Armia can take his time on the PK. He can cheerlead from the pressbox.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I know but I would have called him up and waived Hendricks.....Armia can take his time on the PK. He can cheerlead from the pressbox.

I have to say: I did find the Frenchy/Hendricks scoring antics entertaining last game. It's almost unfair that Perreault is sent out there against 4th liners, and if Hendricks knows where to be to provide finish around the net - why not?

I'd rather the roster were different, but if not: entertain me, dammit!

upload_2017-11-19_17-49-18.png

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Dreger trolls two Canadian fanbases at once:
Dreger | Connor McDavid Leaned On Matt Hendricks

Because I can tell you this much: I’ve had a number of conversations with those deeply involved with the Edmonton Oilers, and they recognize that perhaps allowing Matt Hendricks to walk away and ultimately sign in Winnipeg was a mistake by the Oilers because he’s a glue guy. And you need those inside a room to keep everything nice and tight and everybody focused.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
It is time to call up Roslo, he is "over ripe" and has proved he belongs with the big team. Hendricks gets waived.

Connor Scheif Laine
MP Little Armia
Ehlers Roslo Wheeler
Copp Lowry Tanev

Morrissey Trouba
Kuli Poolman
Cheerios Myers

Helle
Mason

Runforthecup

Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
It is time to call up Roslo, he is "over ripe" and has proved he belongs with the big team. Hendricks gets waived.

Connor Scheif Laine
MP Little Armia
Ehlers Roslo Wheeler
Copp Lowry Tane

Like your top 12. But no need to wave Hendricks. He is a better guy to have in the PB than current alternatives and would be available for insertion against the "tough" teams.

I would prefer:
Laine, Schef. Wheels.
Ehlers, Little, Roslo.
Connor, Perry, Armia.
Copp. Lowry, Tanev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->