Speculation: Roster Improvements: Who should we trade for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Petry, Glencross, I wonder who we're scouting from that Nuks vs Bruins game.

StammerHed2010

Jan 20, 2010
orlando
Everyday it seems like a new team is "looking for a defenseman"

Makes me think that the price has got to be getting very high.

I feel like Y will either pay the premium and get EXACTLY what he wants (Wiz seems to fit that) or do nothing at all.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Petry, Glencross, I wonder who we're scouting from that Nuks vs Bruins game.

Pretty much word-for-word what went through my head.

We keep seeing evidence that we actually are in the market for a F, even though it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I guess we'll see what happens.

Maybe we're looking at a Canucks D? Because latest reports are about Boston adding pieces at the deadline, so I doubt we'd be dealing with them.

nhljohnson

Jul 4, 2006
We keep seeing evidence that we actually are in the market for a F, even though it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

If the reported interest--despite public statements of contentment up front--is genuine, maybe it has something to do with having to settle for a low-rent vet like Morrow whose NHL career appears to be sputtering towards its conclusion (perhaps as soon as this off-season)?

But let's go ahead and assume the current interest is unrelated to losing out on Iginla this past summer: adding a forward would make sense if Yzerman was actually considering moving a roster player up front in a deal for a defenseman.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If the reported interest--despite public statements of contentment up front--is genuine, maybe it has something to do with having to settle for a low-rent vet like Morrow whose NHL career appears to be sputtering towards its conclusion (perhaps as soon as this off-season)?

But let's go ahead and assume the current interest is unrelated to losing out on Iginla this past summer: adding a forward would make sense if Yzerman was actually considering moving a roster player up front in a deal for a defenseman.

Which might also explain all the recent PP time for Killer.

(kidding... sort of.)

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
With no 2nd I can't see us in for a lot of targets because a 1st is too much. Still think we go for Michalek with our 3rd and a prospect, probably nobody on the Crunch but maybe a Crunch D(Milan/Sergeev) since Witkowski will most likely go down if we bring in Michalek.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
We may be looking at Bartkowski or McQuaid on Boston. I would expect the Bruins to try to make a trade or two since they are struggling and they have had so many injuries and issues this season. Both of these Dmen are UFA after the season.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
Just a gut feeling here but I'm betting Michalek will be a Bolt come this weekend - concussion and all. It'll only be a 3rd and a mid-level prospect that I think SFY will take a chance expecting him coming back in the next few weeks. At this point it's low cost and low risk something the Lightning seem to be looking for. Much like the Brewer trade.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Just a gut feeling here but I'm betting Michalek will be a Bolt come this weekend - concussion and all. It'll only be a 3rd and a mid-level prospect that I think SFY will take a chance expecting him coming back in the next few weeks. At this point it's low cost and low risk something the Lightning seem to be looking for. Much like the Brewer trade.

I hate your name!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I love slater you know this but imho GORMLEY is better. I have gormley above all of them 2008 on. Hes gonna be solid all the way around and put up 40 and yes hes a lefty todd. But we add gormley carle is officially obsolete which I can live with.

Is a cheap cup run we wind up with the best player in gormley a steal and lose a first rounder and maybe another but the other would be contingent on us winning a cup or signing michalek or vermette long term. Which is possible but highly unlikely.

I think gormley is the goods. I have slater in top 10 of guys 2008 on but gormley is in my top 3. I get we have hedman and stralman but as we saw this year can never have too many stud defenders on elc:)

So if can make a move lose a first or even two and a small piece and get these three guys I do it all day. I dont see the logic of not doing it. This would help us offensively and defensively and we are upgrading all of our bad positions at least a little and maybe becoming set for the next 12 years on the left side entirely.

I love slater but have always wanted the fourth guy ive said this time and again. Gormley I think is a flat out stud.

P.S. am gambler at heart as some know

GO BIG OR GO HOME:)

weill see stevie passed on gormley for connolly at the 2010 draft

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Wiz is an effing dumpster fire on D. It's quite noticeable. Yandle is as good, or better, offensively and not quite as terrible on D. If we're going big, we might as well go for the biggest.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Wiz is an effing dumpster fire on D. It's quite noticeable. Yandle is as good, or better, offensively and not quite as terrible on D. If we're going big, we might as well go for the biggest.

For like the millionth time - handedness matters.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
For like the millionth time - handedness matters.

I agree, but it's not like we have a better option. Any benefit of getting Wiz (RH) disappear because of just how bad he is on D. If you can find an equal RHD that we can maybe get, please let us know because I can't think of any that's feasible right now.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I agree, but it's not like we have a better option. Any benefit of getting Wiz (RH) disappear because of just how bad he is on D. If you can find an equal RHD that we can maybe get, please let us know because I can't think of any that's feasible right now.

Leaving PK Subban off the Olympic team was a very real option for Yzerman. Not because of talent. Because of handedness. And PK barely played once he made the team. Because of handedness. It's a big deal.

Of GMs, Yzerman's might well be the biggest proponent of lefties playing the left side, righties playing the right. When Carle returns all the lefty spots will be taken and we still have Barbs and Nesterov. Unless one of those guys moves out, I think chances of us acquiring a lefty are almost zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->