Speculation: Roster Improvements: Who should we trade for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
you can't get guys for nothing if stevie wants something he is going to have to part with something decent otherwise we stand pat.

I'm thinking a 1st rounder and a prospect, Namestnikov, for something good. If we're talking Yandle level, then it could be a 1st and Connolly.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I'm thinking a 1st rounder and a prospect, Namestnikov, for something good. If we're talking Yandle level, then it could be a 1st and Connolly.

Hard to see us giving up a center since are depth there is not really strong now me i'd move killorn, connolly and a 1st for yandle. Tricky thing with thAT is you lose two forwards for depth for the playoffs! i'd assume they would call up vladdy to replace killorns role. moving killorn helps more because it moves some money about half of yandles salary for next season. a better deal would be move barberio, killorn and a 1st for yandle but i doubt coyotes take that deal. I think they would want connolly he can play in there top six and top 9 for sure and put up 20-25 goals with more ice time. You got to bring vladdy up to the nhl next year anyway so out of brown, connolly, killorn. someone has to be moved or i assume we don't keep morrow next season.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
poster put up michalek and vermette at half salary and gormley.

Id do a deal around those three myself all day give up two first one this year one next maybe point and gudslevskis think that would be close enough and money at half salary should work.

Vermette will make morrow and brown obsolete which is something im all for:) Not saying morrow has not done a good job just know connolly is outplaying him among others so he is obsolete to me. He is past his time but had a great career.

Get they are both free agents but also think we could probably keep one or both pretty easily maybe not vermette?

also if could add in vermette we have 6 centers now not 5 so vladdy becomes a moving option if someone big is out there in offseason.

I get steve is against rentals but I think gormley is LEGIT one of best lefties in the game or will be in time think he has it all so is a top four legit defender for years so losing a first for him is acceptable and since was taken 13th in 2010 we would be a little up in this trade?

Not sure if what am offering is too much know vermette is not what he once was and know michalek is not as good as sekera but really like gormley a TON

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
poster put up michalek and vermette at half salary and gormley.

Id do a deal around those three myself all day give up two first one this year one next maybe point and gudslevskis think that would be close enough and money at half salary should work.

Vermette will make morrow and brown obsolete which is something im all for:) Not saying morrow has not done a good job just know connolly is outplaying him among others so he is obsolete to me. He is past his time but had a great career.

Get they are both free agents but also think we could probably keep one or both pretty easily maybe not vermette?

also if could add in vermette we have 6 centers now not 5 so vladdy becomes a moving option if someone big is out there in offseason.

I get steve is against rentals but I think gormley is LEGIT one of best lefties in the game or will be in time think he has it all so is a top four legit defender for years so losing a first for him is acceptable and since was taken 13th in 2010 we would be a little up in this trade?

Not sure if what am offering is too much know vermette is not what he once was and know michalek is not as good as sekera but really like gormley a TON

yes i think this could work solves are long term with gormley i'd really like a long term rhd young guy legit top 4 one day! due to garrison is much better on the left side. I want a shut down defenseman but right now i'm really concerned about are power play going into the playoffs. yandle in my mind really solves that power play issue! if we don't have a good power play i don't think we get past round one in the playoffs. I really get the feeling yandle is going to get moved there going to get a better return now then in the summer time.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I know yandle is not a defense upgrade but it's a big help on the power play and with are two good goalies this might be the best route to go. If this team had a deadly power play if i'm teams i'd be really scared of tampa if they land yandle.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
**** it I'm for Yandle too, I'd love to see how this team can transition with a real offensive D-man for once.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Who do we pair Yandle with? Our best defensive defenders are all left handed too. Garrison has played the right side before but not yet for us, Carle can't, Hedman doesn't. Maybe Stralman but he has been having issues of his lately on the defensive side.

Why do we need Gormley? We have Koekkoek in the pipe, no need to waste assets on someone we have no need for.

Vermette would add some forward depth but there's no chance we can sign him, wouldn't give up too much for that. Our center depth isn't weak either, Stamkos/Johnson/Filpulla are probably top 3 down the middle. Paquette can play C, Namestnikov in the A, Erne has some and Peca on the way.

Michalek is the only thing we need and maybe a cheap bottom 6 forward like Bergenhiem.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
i want the wiz:

QmFqASe.jpg

he's a RHD, instead of mostly everyone else which is like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Could help the PP if we could make the money work. Doesn't have Yandle's name, which, in this case, is a good thing. Wouldn't really address our defensive issues but we could pair him with Garrison to help off-set that. Carle-Sustr/Witkowksi as a 3rd pairing heading into the playoffs.

Almost no doubt Yzerman is exploring it.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Could help the PP if we could make the money work. Doesn't have Yandle's name, which, in this case, is a good thing. Wouldn't really address our defensive issues but we could pair him with Garrison to help off-set that. Carle-Sustr/Witkowksi as a 3rd pairing heading into the playoffs.

Almost no doubt Yzerman is exploring it.

Half a mil cheaper in cap space, but has an extra year over Yandle.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Half a mil cheaper in cap space, but has an extra year over Yandle.

With Bishop getting his raise next year + a handful of players needing contracts, taking on the contract could be a tricky issue. I don't really like the extra year over Yandle because it could make things pretty tight when Stamkos's new deal kicks in.

Mihms06

Jan 11, 2012
Florida
Probably worth tons more than we would want to pay most likely. But I noticed no one that I've seen has brought up DAL John Klingberg. He has had an amazing rookie season so far is a rightly and has decent size. Thoughts?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Probably worth tons more than we would want to pay most likely. But I noticed no one that I've seen has brought up DAL John Klingberg. He has had an amazing rookie season so far is a rightly and has decent size. Thoughts?

No chance.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

They won't move him, and we wouldn't pay that price.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I have a feeling a move is going to happen within the next 24 hrs. And i gotta think we'll be happy with the return. :nod:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I have a feeling a move is going to happen within the next 24 hrs. And i gotta think we'll be happy with the return. :nod:

Deadlines not till next Monday. Plenty of time to make a deal. Im sure lots of teams have been trying to get something done this week. Beat teams to the punch. Problem is earlier a deal is done the more a price is paid.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Who do we pair Yandle with? Our best defensive defenders are all left handed too. Garrison has played the right side before but not yet for us, Carle can't, Hedman doesn't. Maybe Stralman but he has been having issues of his lately on the defensive side.

Why do we need Gormley? We have Koekkoek in the pipe, no need to waste assets on someone we have no need for.

Vermette would add some forward depth but there's no chance we can sign him, wouldn't give up too much for that. Our center depth isn't weak either, Stamkos/Johnson/Filpulla are probably top 3 down the middle. Paquette can play C, Namestnikov in the A, Erne has some and Peca on the way.

Michalek is the only thing we need and maybe a cheap bottom 6 forward like Bergenhiem.

I love slater you know this but imho GORMLEY is better. I have gormley above all of them 2008 on. Hes gonna be solid all the way around and put up 40 and yes hes a lefty todd. But we add gormley carle is officially obsolete which I can live with.

Is a cheap cup run we wind up with the best player in gormley a steal and lose a first rounder and maybe another but the other would be contingent on us winning a cup or signing michalek or vermette long term. Which is possible but highly unlikely.

I think gormley is the goods. I have slater in top 10 of guys 2008 on but gormley is in my top 3. I get we have hedman and stralman but as we saw this year can never have too many stud defenders on elc:)

So if can make a move lose a first or even two and a small piece and get these three guys I do it all day. I dont see the logic of not doing it. This would help us offensively and defensively and we are upgrading all of our bad positions at least a little and maybe becoming set for the next 12 years on the left side entirely.

I love slater but have always wanted the fourth guy ive said this time and again. Gormley I think is a flat out stud.

P.S. am gambler at heart as some know

GO BIG OR GO HOME:)

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
No idea why everyone wants Yandle. We don't need more offense.

+1 Please forget Yandle!
Need a smart stay at home D-man. We score the most goals of any team but we just can't outscore every team and expect Bishop to bail out our average D , especially in the playoffs. We need to get better at shutting teams down. It is GA that is going to our biggest concern down the stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad