Speculation: Roster Improvements: Who should we trade for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
With vladdy being NHL ready by next season at center! Would it make sense to trade flipper and dump his money to get another top 4 defenseman in here ? Maybe a yandle ? Maybe at the draft this summer ? Just seems like we can part with flipper and give drouin and vladdy bigger roles next season.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd rather move guys like Connolly, Killorn, and maybe even Carle. Plus Flip has a NTC in his contract and has been playing fine this season. Flip was going to be our 2nd center going into this season but then TKO emerged. I'd rather have a solid 3C or if TKO is just a fad this season we will need Flip back at that 2C spot next year.

I also believe we need another top 4 D, Hedman is off this season, and Stralman and Garrison can only do so much. But to move Flip is not a good move at all.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'd rather move guys like Connolly, Killorn, and maybe even Carle. Plus Flip has a NTC in his contract and has been playing fine this season. Flip was going to be our 2nd center going into this season but then TKO emerged. I'd rather have a solid 3C or if TKO is just a fad this season we will need Flip back at that 2C spot next year.

I also believe we need another top 4 D, Hedman is off this season, and Stralman and Garrison can only do so much. But to move Flip is not a good move at all.

Carle has a NTC as well, just saying. I think he might see the writing on the wall and waive like Brewer. Filpulla needs to play better though, doesn't look nearly as good as last year.

I've proposed a Carle + Connolly + 1st for Sekera + McClemment, haven't gotten a response but we'd essentially swap Sekera for Carle, Connolly for McClemment at the cost of a 1st. Hopefully we could resign Sekera for about what Carle made or a little less.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I would rather see if you can get Bieska , Big Buff, or Larsonn for that price. Also CHI is in cap trouble maybe offering Connoly, plus a young d-man or two, and a 1st could swing us Seabrook. HE is a UFA at end of season if remember correctly. They are already over and he is going to want a nice raise over his current cap hit.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I would rather see if you can get Bieska , Big Buff, or Larsonn for that price. Also CHI is in cap trouble maybe offering Connoly, plus a young d-man or two, and a 1st could swing us Seabrook. HE is a UFA at end of season if remember correctly. They are already over and he is going to want a nice raise over his current cap hit.

Bieksa is Carle bad with a NTC. Winnipeg isn't moving Buff while they're in a playoff position. Seabrook has one more year after this one and is too important to Chicago that they would more likely move Sharp instead. Larsson would be ideal but with his play improving I don't see him being moved.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'd do carle and connolly for yandle

Arizona wouldn't. They're a budget team so they'd want to move Yandle for cheap assets not Carle unless we make it worth their while. They have Gormley waiting in the wings so still can't see it happening. It would take Namestnikov + Connolly + 1st + Carle and that I'm not sure they'd do.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Arizona wouldn't. They're a budget team so they'd want to move Yandle for cheap assets not Carle unless we make it worth their while. They have Gormley waiting in the wings so still can't see it happening. It would take Namestnikov + Connolly + 1st + Carle and that I'm not sure they'd do.

Yeah, probably more. If Yandle does move, there'll be a little bidding war.

iwtb*

I wouldn't be mad if we traded Filppula. I think Vladdy is just fine as a 3rd line center. Or Connolly, he doesn't have a place in our team. Just trade him while he still has value. It's useless to play him in the 4th line every other game and be scratched every other.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Vlad can't do what Filppula does, not even close, why trade Filppula during a competitive year? Maybe in 2 years when guys need to be resigned, it'd be stupid to trade him next season.

So we can have a rookie center who will be sheltered and take easy minutes that can be going towards TKO or Stamkos instead or we can run a shut down line against other teams top forwards? No brainer imo.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Vlad can't do what Filppula does, not even close, why trade Filppula during a competitive year? Maybe in 2 years when guys need to be resigned, it'd be stupid to trade him next season.

So we can have a rookie center who will be sheltered and take easy minutes that can be going towards TKO or Stamkos instead or we can run a shut down line against other teams top forwards? No brainer imo.

I agree with you (again). I don't see Filppula or any other veteran player on this team getting moved in a year we hope to get deeper than round 1 in. I'd expect us to move a couple of picks and prospects, or even a younger roster player for another vet or two when the time is right.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Are there any decent D men in the KHL that might be available when their season ends?
With the slide of the Ruble, and several teams in financial trouble the NHL, paid in $, might be a good enticement.
Would they have to pass through waivers?

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
No need to trade flip this year. He offers so much flexibility compared to the contract we should be moving.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No need to trade flip this year. He offers so much flexibility compared to the contract we should be moving.

Flip has 4 years on his contract right? If so likely won't be moved unless there are major cap issues. Won't see it happening till his last year. He is a very good two way forward, and even if he has been pushed to the third center position he still is a top 6 forward.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Erik Erlendsson @erlendssonTBO
For the time being, Yzerman says they will continue to give Nesterov a chance to play, as well as Witkowski and Barberio but -->

Erik Erlendsson @erlendssonTBO
--> he has always been on the lookout for a defenseman since November and latest injury hasn't changed or accelerated that process

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Flip is likely our best defensive C, and you don't want to trade that for a cup run. It has to be a lot of youth/picks & a roster D from us in a trade, no other options.

Sustr+Connolly+1st

for

? (Top 2 pairing D with them retaining some salary)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think the Leafs are about to blow it up. Not sure if there's anything there we'd be interested in. Franson?

Tmix

Jun 29, 2014
I think the Leafs are about to blow it up. Not sure if there's anything there we'd be interested in. Franson?

vZQBjPd.jpg

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic.html

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

Yeah, I thought about him :dunno: I've heard that's he very good in a "people don't know what they're looking at" fashion, and I've heard he's a dumpster fire on skates. I wonder which end he's closer to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->