Line Combos: Roster for 2021/2022 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
sorry meant to quote snowkiddin's post where he/she was saying morrisey's contract would be tough to move

nevertheless i agree that the liklihood of morrissey being dealt is V low. he's a tnse home-grown, wears an A etc, no matter how bad his on-ice play is he will be the top pair LD and get his minutes.
Right now I don’t think it’s tough to move — not that TN would entertain it. I’m saying if he continues to struggle even while playing with good talent that it would become harder to move — but again, the Jets still wouldn’t trade him so it doesn’t really matter.

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
plenty of examples of Dmen on this team dragging terrible defenders to good on-ice results. and it's not just dragging players, morrissey himself looks washed too.
There is maybe a handful of defenseman in the NHL that can drag around Poolman, Niku and Beaulieu while going against the other teams best and look good and have good results.

I think a lot of people will be surprised next year when Morrissy “rebounds” back to how he was playing a couple years ago.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Morrissey's numbers the last two years are fine with competent partners, they suck with crap partners.

As for Pionk, his numbers cratered the minute Forbert stopped playing over his head last year so he really can't carry bad players when they aren't playing well either.

I expect both Morrissey and Pionk to have very good years next year now that they are surrounded by good partners who play complimentary style of games.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Morrissey's numbers the last two years are fine with competent partners, they suck with crap partners.

As for Pionk, his numbers cratered the minute Forbert stopped playing over his head last year so he really can't carry bad players when they aren't playing well either.

I expect both Morrissey and Pionk to have very good years next year now that they are surrounded by good partners who play complimentary style of games.
pionks play was fine through most of the year. and in the POs was better than morrissey
Right now I don’t think it’s tough to move — not that TN would entertain it. I’m saying if he continues to struggle even while playing with good talent that it would become harder to move — but again, the Jets still wouldn’t trade him so it doesn’t really matter.
yeah it's moot. i think were seeing that contract through it's entirety regardless if he's good or bad

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Yeah neither of them are #1's. So expecting them to carry lesser players is beyond what the expectations on them should be. They are both the kind of players you put with a true #1 and them and their partners benefit. Solid #2's, top pairing guys. We'll see if Schmidt can get back to playing as a solid #2 type of player like he was in Vegas. Dillon will make a good partner for Pionk. Physical and good in his own end, won't provide a tonne of offence but will allow Pionk to open up his game a bit more. We all saw what Stanley and Melo can do together so they should be a really solid 3rd pairing. I think Samberg can get to a similar level as Dillon a solid 2nd pairing 3/4 type. Heinola definitely has more of that Morrissey and Pionk 2/3 style game. Decent offence and can play on the other side of the puck competently but likely not the all situations #1 minute munching type of player. Kovacevik is another guy that I think might be able to reach that 3/4 level but likely more of a 4/5 type of player.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Now that Pionk is signed I would like to see better injury prevention/management on the backside.

Our injuries on the backend have been brutal the last few years. Good opportunity to give youngins’ an opportunity to get some ice time as bruises heal on the veterans.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Now that Pionk is signed I would like to see better injury prevention/management on the backside.

Our injuries on the backend have been brutal the last few years. Good opportunity to give youngins’ an opportunity to get some ice time as bruises heal on the veterans.
they have the depth to roll the pairings evenly and not over-exert a sole group.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I like this d corps better than the 2017/18 group. IMO, only Buff isn't 'equal or improved on' with the group we have now.

Schmidt < Buff
Pionk = Trouba
Morrissey = Morrissey
Dillion > Chiarot
DeMelo > Myers
Stanley/Samberg/Heinola = Kulikov

Young players Heinola and Samberg can step in for injuries provide very nice depth that the Jets didn't have in 2017/18. Myers may outscore DeMelo, but TM is a nightmare in the d zone.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I like this d corps better than the 2017/18 group. IMO, only Buff isn't 'equal or improved on' with the group we have now.

Schmidt < Buff
Pionk = Trouba
Morrissey = Morrissey
Dillion > Chiarot
DeMelo > Myers

Young players Heinola and Samberg can step in for injuries provide very nice depth that the Jets didn't have in 2017/18. Myers may outscore DeMelo, but TM is a nightmare in the d zone.
Pionk > Trouba.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i still take trouba during his time as a Jet over Pionk.
morrissey =! old morrissey though, we need him to bounce back in a massive way.

and 17-18 we had enstrom who i think is in the demelo tier (who id take both over dillon).

think the best 3 dmen were still buff and 17-18 version of Trouba and morrissey. followed by current-Pionk.

Schmidt < Buff
Pionk = Trouba
Morrissey = Morrissey
Dillion > Chiarot
DeMelo > Myers

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
We need to pick up the best goalie we can @ waiver clearing day ….. the day b4 the season starts…… we gave away our perfect back up on waivers ……. When we reclaimed Commrie

our loss is Ottawa gain!

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
They only played 83 mins together and were fairly mediocre fancy stats wise. They did outscored their opponents 5-1 with a 1.136 PDO.

Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick
Yeah. Bit more data over three years, but still oddly underwhelming.

upload_2021-8-11_20-29-26.png

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Is Stanimal assured of a position on the roster by signing his deal???

Any chance he sits in the PB at all?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
same sample size for Demelo-Morrissey. it may just be that 300 minutes is not enough ice time.

View attachment 460745
DeMelo seems to have this effect on lots of ppl he plays with. Chabot played his best with him, then look at the with or without stats of Beaulieu-DeMelo, or rielly-DeMelo, or boroweicki-demelo, or Stanley-DeMelo.

You do have to consider the context of the without stats and who the player is paired without DeMelo tho.

Kinda funny.... Wpgs defense has been so bad in recent years his partners in Ottawa might have actually been better than Wpg :laugh: Chabot/rielly/boro vs Morrissey/Beaulieu/Stanley

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Going to call it now, by simply trading Beaulieu and calling up Luoto, we can get within 2k of the cap + Little's contract, thus easily maximizing our LTIR relief.

Then we can hand in our roster and then waive Luoto for the following 22 man roster:

Connor scheifele wheeler
Stastny Dubois Ehlers
Copp Lowry Ves
Harkins Gus Nash
Toninato

Morrissey Schmidt
Dillon pionk
Stanley demelo
Niku

Hellebuyck
Comrie

Reactions: JetsUK
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Going to call it now, by simply trading Beaulieu and calling up Luoto, we can get within 2k of the cap + Little's contract, thus easily maximizing our LTIR relief.

Then we can hand in our roster and then waive Luoto for the following 22 man roster:

Connor scheifele wheeler
Stastny Dubois Ehlers
Copp Lowry Ves
Harkins Gus Nash
Toninato

Morrissey Schmidt
Dillon pionk
Stanley demelo
Niku

Hellebuyck
Comrie

I think your roster is bang on. There's even enough money for Beaulieu in place of Niku.

As for maximizing LTIR, I've read it's a different process when the early LTIR options is used.

Technically the Jets will now be over the cap when rosters are handed in so regardless of what amount the Jets are over, be it $1 or $5,291,667, the Jets are effectively at $81,500,000 for the season.

Some clarification from someone would be great on this. I'd read something along these lines a few months back and there were ramifications cited for going about things in this manner.

Anyone?

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I think your roster is bang on. There's even enough money for Beaulieu in place of Niku.

As for maximizing LTIR, I've read it's a different process when the early LTIR options is used.

Technically the Jets will now be over the cap when rosters are handed in so regardless of what amount the Jets are over, be it $1 or $5,291,667, the Jets are effectively at $81,500,000 for the season.

Some clarification from someone would be great on this. I'd read something along these lines a few months back and there were ramifications cited for going about things in this manner.

Anyone?
Tampa bay doesn’t seem to be worried about when ltir kicks in... so must not be that serious

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Not sure if this is the best thread for it, but sad news for Josh Morrissey as his dad just passed away.

Reactions: JetsUK
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Tampa bay doesn’t seem to be worried about when ltir kicks in... so must not be that serious

It's not serious, clearly it can be managed. I'm just eager to learn the process.

Also few complaining about Tampa understand that their situation was all about a single player, Kucherov. The main benefit was adding a $9.5 million Hart trophy winner to their roster just in time for the playoffs after 5 months off for surgery during a pandemic shortened season.

Jets fans won't be celebrating the triumphant return of a free $5.3 million player in Little to our roster in April for our own playoff run. He wouldn't have played a game in 2 1/2 years, will be 34 & likely may never be able to board an aircraft for the rest of his life.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
It's not serious, clearly it can be managed. I'm just eager to learn the process.

Also few complaining about Tampa understand that their situation was all about a single player, Kucherov. The main benefit was adding a $9.5 million Hart trophy winner to their roster just in time for the playoffs after 5 months off for surgery during a pandemic shortened season.

Jets fans won't be celebrating the triumphant return of a free $5.3 million player in Little to our roster in April for our own playoff run. He wouldn't have played a game in 2 1/2 years, will be 34 & likely may never be able to board an aircraft for the rest of his life.
No I mean this year.... they are exactly their LTIR over the salary cap right now and just don't seem to carre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->