Line Combos: Roster for 2021/2022 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
We are officially in off-season mode and can look ahead to the expansion draft, amateur draft, and free agency.

All else equal, what lineup do you hope to see? What lineup do you expect we’ll see? Feel free to drop in “X” players that may be filled in via trade, FA, etc.

This tweet from JFreshHockey is getting me even more excited about Perfetti, and would love to see him get 10 games at 2LW to start the year. In the wise words of Meat Loaf, 2 outta 3 ain’t bad (when it comes to the possibility of becoming an NHL star).

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Based on the current contracts, I guess it looks something like this so far:

Connor - Scheifele (starting game 2) - Wheeler
Perfetti - Dubois - Ehlers
[Copp or replacement] - Lowry - Appleton*
Harkins* - Gustafsson - Vesalainen

Morrissey - DeMelo
Stanley* - Pionk
Heinola - Niku

Hellebuyck
Berdin

*may not survive expansion

Clearly we'll upgrade some of those positions though

Reactions: surixon

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC

Morrissey - DeMelo
Stanley* - Pionk
Heinola - Niku

Hellebuyck
Berdin

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd happily bring Perreault back at 1.5 x 2 to fill a depth role.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
This would be my lineup with Apples lost to the XD...

CP Scheif Ehlers
KC Dubois Wheeler
KV Lowry Copper
Hark Gus Lewis

JMo DD
Heinola Pionk
Stanimal ?

Helle LB

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Bold Prediction time:

Connor - Scheifele - Ehlers
Perfetti - Dubois - Wheeler
Vesalainen - Lowry - Appleton
Perreault - Gustavsson - Chiasson

Morrissey - Dumba
Stanley - Pionk
Heinola - Savard

I think Chevy tries to get 2 upgrades on D as well as a right handed forward with some ability to fill out the bottom six.

I have Demelo to Seattle and some combo of Copp+Samberg for Dumba.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Jets will protect demelo cuz unlike fantasy land hfboards... demelo is a proven nhl d and Stanley has what? 35 games of experience being carried mostly by demelo. Dude got zero top 4 minutes and ppl want to protect him? Seattle can take Stanley and then when he doesn't make their top 6 or 7 D he will be put on waivers

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets will protect demelo cuz unlike fantasy land hfboards... demelo is a proven nhl d and Stanley has what? 35 games of experience being carried mostly by demelo. Dude got zero top 4 minutes and ppl want to protect him? Seattle can take Stanley and then when he doesn't make their top 6 or 7 D he will be put on waivers
Sure, but what was DeMelo's profile at age 22? With Stanley, it's also about projection. Will he develop further into a reliable 2nd pair level D? Seems much more likely now than it did before this past season.

My main issue is that I think Stanley is likely to slit being Heinola and maybe Samberg on LD, and it will be hard to fit them all into valuable roles.

Reactions: snowkiddin

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
Agree to disagree, I find Stanley much more entertaining to watch and I believe he is just scratching the surface of his potential. Melo is also a great dman though

DeMelo is a legit top 4 d man who came here in free agency and is signed to a nice contract.

Stanley is a replaceable third pair d man.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
DeMelo is a good, smart, stay-at-home defenseman with zero offence. He partners great with Morrissey and provides nice depth to the right side where we are noticeably weak.

But ideally you don’t want him in your top 4, he’s third pairing on a contender. It would suck to lose him because he plays an important role for us but he wouldn’t have the same value across the league as he does to us.

Stanley is much more valuable.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

Morrissey - DeMelo
Stanley* - Pionk
Heinola - Niku

Hellebuyck
Berdin

You need to rethink your lack of gud vets. :laugh:

Reactions: BigHulkingThickV

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
DeMelo is a legit top 4 d man who came here in free agency and is signed to a nice contract.

Stanley is a replaceable third pair d man.

If DeMelo was traded he’d yield back the same 3rd rounder that he cost to acquire. He’s not a very good defenseman. I think some people’s judgements are clouded by how weak the Jets’ D is. The Jets, and any other team, could acquire a player of similar pedigree and capabilities essentially for free. Seattle would never pick such a player, it wouldn’t happen in a million years. If Stanley was traded he’d yield a sizable haul as he’s a young d-man that would be at the top level of the prospect pool on most teams. If the Jets went insane they could still trade Stanley for something far more valuable than DeMelo who wouldn’t even crack the top-4 on more stacked teams. It’s so weird how overvalued DeMelo is and how undervalued Chiarot was.

Reactions: BigHulkingThickV

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Have no idea what our defense will look like but it's time for Ehlers to be on the #1 line and Wheeler on the 2nd .
Agreed.

Maybe Mo can move Wheeler to be with PLD, using the premise that the move is to get the most out of PLD, thereby solving three issues by one move. Getting Ehlers time on 1st line, moving Wheeler lower in the lineup, and getting PLD going.

Connor-Scheifele-Ehlers
Perfetti-PLD-Wheeler
Vesalainen-Lowry-Armia
Perreault-Gustafsson-Lewis
Harkins

Morrissey-S. Jones
Samberg-Pionk
Stanley-DeMelo
Beaulieu/Kovacevic

Hellebuyck
Brossoit

With Appleton going in XD.

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
Players I would move as their value is high.

Stanley, Ehlers, Connor ,Morrisey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad