Line Combos: Roster Discussions

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
What I would like to see next game but know Maurice won't...
MP Scheif Laine
Connor Stastny Wheeler
Ehlers Little Roslo
Copper Lowry Armia

Morrissey Trouba
Chiarot Buff
Morrow Myers

Helle

I would only sit Helle for one more game...on the 3rd against the Habs.

I'm with PMO - I wouldn't blow up all 4 lines either - especially with only a handful of games remaining.

He recently came out and stated that the line combo's have been all over the place with the injuries - he's now looking forward to running the planned lineup for a few games. Makes sense - the blender has been out all season - we now finally have a chance to let the lineup gel a little prior to playoffs.

Time to finally put away the blender - let them play together for the next 4 games - tweak if necessary but focus on rolling with consistency.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Stats are fun did you know Armia has 5 more points than copp. Not that impressive since Copp has never been on the pp. And 3 more pts than Morrissey who gets more pp time than Copp but still not a lot of pp time.

Bigfish

Oct 12, 2016
Stats are fun did you know Armia has 5 more points than copp. Not that impressive since Copp has never been on the pp. And 3 more pts than Morrissey who gets more pp time than Copp but still not a lot of pp time.
Did you know that according to Quanthockey.com Armia's even strength points per 60 5 vs 5 is 1.874 while Copp's is 1.386?

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I think there can be some parallels drawn to Erik Haula with Armia. Both had to sort of reinvent themselves as a player to fit their team. There was an interesting interview of Haula about this, he said after the move to Vegas and getting to a bigger and more offensive role (which is more like who he grew up to be as a hockey player), he had to work a lot to unlearn "the bottom-6" mentality he had had to adapt playing in Minnesota. I think you can see this is Armia and his offence currently, I believe he has more offensive potential than he's currently showing. He's also a bit puzzling in his inconsistency though - he has games where he's an absolute 2-way beast fairly regularly, then seems to disappear for a stretch only to reappear in beastmode again.

I'd love to have him Jets for the long term, but realistically with the roster and upcoming talent, I have a hard time seeing him ever get a bigger role, at least offensively. On the other hand if Copp-Lowry-Armia ends up a thing, that would be a pretty big role... but as it is, he's averaging about 12 and a half minutes of icetime per game. That's got to be unsatisfactory for him. Being part of a succesful team I'm sure helps some with that, but I'd be surprised if he's not yearning for bigger minutes. He might need a change of scenery at some point. If it was him instead of Haula in Vegas, I could easily imagine similar rise in production. I mean Haula had a career high of 34 points in Minnesota, now he has a bigger role in Vegas and has put up 52 points in 68 games. I could easily imagine Armia being a very solid top-6 winger with great two-way game and who can finish a play when needed. I'm not sure I can imagine that ever happening in Winnipeg though.
I disagree. My only knock on Armia is a lack of finish. He creates so many opportunities with his defensive skills but he never finishes. I've watched him more than a few times poke a puck loose and go on a breakaway and then lob a weak wrister straight onto the goalie's crest. But I do think he'd make an excellent compliment to a line with better scoring ability.
Laine - Stastny - Armia would be an intersting combination.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I disagree. My only knock on Armia is a lack of finish. He creates so many opportunities with his defensive skills but he never finishes. I've watched him more than a few times poke a puck loose and go on a breakaway and then lob a weak wrister straight onto the goalie's crest. But I do think he'd make an excellent compliment to a line with better scoring ability.

I'm not sure what you disagree on. I seem to agree with what you said. I also think he'll get his scoring touch back eventually if he gets to play a more offensive role on a consistent basis. Spending some time training his shot with Laine wouldn't hurt though... I'm just a bit pessimistic about his future in the Jets, though he's been playing in the Little-Perrault line lately so maybe PoMo is ready to give him some looks around the lineup. He's a great possession player and I agree he might work great with Laine, or basically any other high scoring winger where Armia's game would be more about his two-way play and forecheck. Ehlers and Laine are good together when they're both in the right place, but because neither is really the kind of player whose game is based on hard work and effort, they can fall off the map when things are not going right. Having someone like Armia in place of Ehlers could bring some consistency into that line and give them more time in o-zone. Likewise Ehlers-Perrault would be a similar winger pair and Ehlers could be 'the guy' for scoring in that line.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I think only line that could use tweaking is the little line

maybe out perreault with statsny and laine
pur ehlers with little

maybe not that combo, but the little line needs some more offensive

edit: as someone suggested maybe putting armia in there with statsny and laine

and putting perreault on the checking line with Lowry

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think only line that could use tweaking is the little line

maybe out perreault with statsny and laine
pur ehlers with little

maybe not that combo, but the little line needs some more offensive

edit: as someone suggested maybe putting armia in there with statsny and laine

and putting perreault on the checking line with Lowry
The Stas and Little line are the easiest you can mix and match with at the moment as they are not producing. The Lowry and Schief lines shouldn't be messed with.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
The Stas and Little line are the easiest you can mix and match with at the moment as they are not producing. The Lowry and Schief lines shouldn't be messed with.

agreed

except you could probably take out a tanev and put in a perreault and the line would probably still be fine

but i agree. don't fix what's not broke

make things simple and interchange the little statsny line

mp statsny and laine could get some stuff going

ehlers could get some.offense going for the little line

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
agreed

except you could probably take out a tanev and put in a perreault and the line would probably still be fine

but i agree. don't fix what's not broke

make things simple and interchange the little statsny line

mp statsny and laine could get some stuff going

ehlers could get some.offense going for the little line
If we are putting Perrault on the 4th line it means next year he has to go. The 4th line needs to be cheap with the likes of Copp, Tanev, a player on their ECL not perrault.

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
If Jets wins the SC, which players did not play enough regular season games to add their name in the cup?and will they play in the playoffs?

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Suppose it's not necessary, but I would really like to put PLE back together. Then put Roslovic with Stastny and Laine, and Armia with Copp and Lowry.

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Stastny-Roslovic
Perreault-Little-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Armia

This would be a beauty lineup for the playoffs.

Reactions: csk

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
From what I understand he has 100% Finish

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
Suppose it's not necessary, but I would really like to put PLE back together. Then put Roslovic with Stastny and Laine, and Armia with Copp and Lowry.

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Stastny-Roslovic
Perreault-Little-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Armia

This would be a beauty lineup for the playoffs.
Yes but replace Perreault with Tanev

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
OK, where did this "we hate MP" narrative come from?
Good nhl player not good enough to play regularly with the jets. Likely will get hot in the playoffs and will stay till the end on his contract .

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
WTF?

The guy is seventh in PPG among our forwards. If Perreault is not good enough, who the **** is?

Yeh, some real crazy takes on here. Seems like everyone gets a turn getting crapped on by HFJets. Matchoo will be fine, just like Little has been fine.

Who will HFJets be attacking next week? :huh:

Reactions: csk

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I think Roslovic will be on the Jets roster next season. Petan will likely be on an NHL roster, but not with the Jets. He will need to clear waivers to play in the AHL.
we say this, but i still am not 100% certain he's gone. we assume both armia and tanev are back. we assume Hendricks is gone. if Chevy were smart, he'd see if there's a market for Little....or our beloved Matty P.
stastny is gone.
soooo....if one assumes that the only roster move is letting Stastny go? then sure, Petan's gone. there's also little harm in having him Dano it up for the year. a burnt asset's a burnt asset.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Armia
we say this, but i still am not 100% certain he's gone. we assume both armia and tanev are back. we assume Hendricks is gone. if Chevy were smart, he'd see if there's a market for Little....or our beloved Matty P.
stastny is gone.
soooo....if one assumes that the only roster move is letting Stastny go? then sure, Petan's gone. there's also little harm in having him Dano it up for the year. a burnt asset's a burnt asset.
Could also come down to something like:
Armia @ 1.5 + an asset for Petan
Petan @ 800k + an asset for Armia

I could see trimming salary and recouping picks as priorities.

Perreault or Little could also end up in on the chopping block instead. I mean, I expect the Jets to try to trim salary via Myers or Kuli first, but that may not be an option.

Reactions: ps241

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad