New York Islanders: Roster Discussion: Filppula out 4 weeks; Boychuk, Eberle day to day

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
What’s up w Lehner. He played well the his last start. Hope it’s just a lingering back issue and nothing more.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
So its two years in a row now Ladd starts off the season playing well and then is felled by injury. What is the nature of this persistent injury?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
So its two years in a row now Ladd starts off the season playing well and then is felled by injury. What is the nature of this persistent injury?

Pretty sure it was a knee/ankle injury as shown is this clip.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

This injury was lower body, probably the knee, but he has a chronic back issue that always causes him problems as well.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Good one

165 games , 38goals,29 assists, $22 million in his pocket so far. If he never played another game for our team that would be fine. DILLY DILLY
If you read it again you will see my post says "starts off the season playing well" the operative word being (start) and that is obviously debatable depending on your evaluation.However I think most would agree that Ladd played well with Barzal until his injury opened the door for AB also he started off this playing well again this year untill injured.
I'm not saying he's playing up to his contract!However I often see on this board people will destroy a player based on a bias, and never back off a position even when said player is playing good hockey.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
As per staples athletic article, it appears sorotkin wants to play for the isles next year.

Gotta think Sorokin's interest in coming over for next season,ends any interest in meeting Bob's ufa demands of a Price like contract.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Gotta think Sorokin's interest in coming over for next season,ends any interest in meeting Bob's ufa demands of a Price like contract.
It shouldn’t. The Isles cannot build next years goaltending around Sorokin/Greiss. Sorokin sounds great. Over there. But he hasn’t played a game in North America yet. Until he proves himself here I would still look to acquire an elite goaltender.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
If the goalie situation has to be Greiss and a cheap UFA next year, then so be it.

IMO, if we want this team to contend for Stanley Cups, we need to use our cap room to add high-end skilled talent, not handing long term deals to goalies on the wrong side 30. Handing out long term deals to goalies has proven to be a loser way more often than not. Even Montreal doesn't look too happy about the Price deal and he looked like one of the safest bets for a goalie deal that one could imagine.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It shouldn’t. The Isles cannot build next years goaltending around Sorokin/Greiss. Sorokin sounds great. Over there. But he hasn’t played a game in North America yet. Until he proves himself here I would still look to acquire an elite goaltender.
Paying big money to a goalie in his very late 20's is pretty much the absolute worst move any NHL team can make.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Don't get why Gionta was ever brought up

It was going to be back to back nights so they wanted a veteran to step in. They played it safe by bringing up a guy who knows how to play in the NHL and wouldn't cost them games. It's that simple.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I’m guessing we see Hickey to IR and Toews called up today. Probably won’t see him until Vegas but hopefully he gets called up.

The way Hickey went down (and got up) I can’t see him playing the rest of the road trip. He should be sent home for rest and evaluation. 1 flight home is a lot better than 4 flights over 7 days.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I’m guessing we see Hickey to IR and Toews called up today. Probably won’t see him until Vegas but hopefully he gets called up.

The way Hickey went down (and got up) I can’t see him playing the rest of the road trip. He should be sent home for rest and evaluation. 1 flight home is a lot better than 4 flights over 7 days.

Hopefully they call up Toews and not just trot out Sbisa until Hickey is ready to return.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
given how they treated Ho-Sang when he got called up I doubt you'll see Toews rushed into the lineup...

Reactions: Macch

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Hopefully they call up Toews and not just trot out Sbisa until Hickey is ready to return.
Prepare to be disappointed.

Sbisa is with the team, has been practicing with the team. I would expect him to dress tonight and hopefully we see Toews in Las Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->