_______ - Spezza - _______

Defence
Rielly - ______
Muzzin - ______
______ - ______

Goalies
_______
Campbell

Everybody but these guys can go. These are the holes in the lineup with those players gone. Replace with hardworking players through trades/UFA signings that buy into what the coach is selling. Would never happen but a guy can dream.

Sandin, and Liljegren are can fill those missing holes if Keefe feels they are ready. Would love Clifford back but not at the expense of a 2nd round pick, so he has to go unfortunately. I know we also signed Barabanov but where the hell does he fit on this team? I don't want another 5'9 perimeter guy playing in the bottom 6. Looking rough for this team going forward not gonna lie.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

desperateblue

Jun 17, 2004
Considering that the wild is looking for goalie help perhaps they would do
Freddy and kappy for dumba

Would aj and hyman get Manson ?
I’d hate to trade hyman but they need to sell high and he might be the most valuable of the bunch

Reactions: geo25

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I think the team need to build its defense and add more depth in the forwards.

To me, AM, JT, Muz, Reilly, and Hyman are untouchables
Kerfoot, AJ, Kap, Soup, Engvall, Holl, Dermott and Campbell can be move
Andersen, Willie and Marner are key for the retool.

There is really one way to keep the Big 4, which is to move guys like Kerfoot, AJ and Kap for D help and hope guys like Soup, Robertson, Spezza, and other bargain UFA signings will pan out, as well as splitting up the Big 4 into three different lines.
This option will take a lot of luck such as getting TWO capable Dmen either through trades and UFA signings, then guys like Robertson, Soup, Engvall and other bargain UFA signings hitting.
But thats a lot of ifs and hope.

By moving one or both of Marner and Willie, the team will be in much better shape, esp if they can sign someone like Pietra

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Can we stop with the trade Nylander talk?

7 million for what he brings is great value. He's made great strides in the boards, the backcheck and played a much more mature game this season.

Marner can go though and should be the big trade. I'm all over that idea. Sign one of Manson/Brodie/Pietro(whoever provides the best value) and get a good defensive 3c.

I'd also consider swapping Andersen out for a Markstrom/Lehner/Demko whoever.
Not because I don't trust Andersen, I really do trust him and think he's an above average guy.
I would just appreciate some long term sustainability in net as I don't think we can afford a new Andersen contract.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Semi-serious question. But if things continue to go sideways in Buffalo and the relationship with Jack Eichel sours, do you throw a Marner, Nylander, prospects picks and try to get him? On the surface it doesn't sound like it solves any problems, but I could see a package being attractive enough for Buffalo from a quality and quantity POV at some level and it also helps us clear the decks of some big salaries (namely Marner's).

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo

7 million for what he brings is great value. He's made great strides in the boards, the backcheck and played a much more mature game this season.

Marner can go though and should be the big trade. I'm all over that idea.

Why should anyone stop?

People are free to make their views known and argue for the position they believe in.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I understand the logic of wanting to build a transition based defense to get the puck to the forwards as much as possible, but I think it is way too unbalanced. The Leafs were the worst team in the league at defending in their own end and stopping a cycle, and that's not helping anything. Ekblad would be an excellent trade target, and Marner might be the guy to get it done. If Dubas doesn't want to go that far, then maybe MacKenzie Weegar would be a good target

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Semi-serious question. But if things continue to go sideways in Buffalo and the relationship with Jack Eichel sours, do you throw a Marner, Nylander, prospects picks and try to get him? On the surface it doesn't sound like it solves any problems, but I could see a package being attractive enough for Buffalo from a quality and quantity POV at some level and it also helps us clear the decks of some big salaries (namely Marner's).
umm complete and utter no

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

Marner can go though and should be the big trade. I'm all over that idea. Sign one of Manson/Brodie/Pietro(whoever provides the best value) and get a good defensive 3c.

I'd also consider swapping Andersen out for a Markstrom/Lehner/Demko whoever.
Not because I don't trust Andersen, I really do trust him and think he's an above average guy.
I would just appreciate some long term sustainability in net as I don't think we can afford a new Andersen contract.
7M= 31g 59p IS NOT GREAT VALUE,,geezus effn hell

4.5m 32g 60p (kadri) now that's great value

Reactions: rubous

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON

Definitely not both Marner and Nylander. Marner+ or Nylander ++ is intriguing though. Prefer Marner as he's too overpaid but depending on the ++ I'd entertain Nylander going the other way as well.

Reactions: KingPapi

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Funny how you took a 68 game Nylander season and compared it to a 82 game Kadri season....from 4 years ago.
oh ok i'll just got back 2 seasons 32g 55p

and No Tavares or Mathews on his line to do the heavy lifting, like IDK play center or puff up his stats.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
All of these posters willing to trade Marner. A player that plays in every situation, quarterbacks the powerplay, and was second in team scoring. I guess the legalized weed is stronger than I thought, because a lot of people are coming up with brain dead ideas.

Reactions: theTTC

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Lol Kadri did that in 82 games Nylander in 68. Also once Nylander started to get some real PP time he was close to a PPG. I still wish we had Kadri, but Nylander will put up more points than Kadri easy.
when he is eating 2.5 million more cap hit per year ,,hrmm ya think he better?

puffing up points playing wing with Mathews or Tavares,,you find that impressive?

anytime a center comes close to the point totals of a winger,,the ties goes heavily to the much tougher position,,,center.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005

What he's brought is two straight playoffs of not giving a shit any time hard hitting was involved. And I really don't understand why people think that we need to keep Nylander's "steal of a deal"...

Reactions: ACC1224

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
1st move
Trade kapanen and dermott for manson and maybe a pick. Dermott is not a bad d but he's not what leafs need

2nd move trade alex kerfoot and andreas johnsson for prospect/pick

3nd i try to sign someone between tanev, brodie or hamonic

3B, if i can't sign one of those 3, i look via trade market for maybe a hjalmarsson, devon toews or someone lime that.

Hyman-matthews-marner
Mikheyev-tavares-nylander
Robertson-engvall-barabanov/bracco
Brooks/gauthier/spezza
Or other ufa at low price

Rielly/(tanev as exemple)
Muzzin/Manson
Sandin or Lehtonen/holl

We need that kind of D. Top4 is more important for the leafs than a 10M 3rd line unable to contribute on scoring sheet during playoff.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It is more a lateral move more than anything.
I think the problem with the Leafs is they need to build the defense and more depth in the forwards along with the way they play the game.
Unless Dubas and Keefe plans to play AM, Eichel and JT 20 mins each at C, I just don't see that happening. And it really does not solve our defense issue or free up any cap space.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
All of these posters willing to trade Marner. A player that plays in every situation, quarterbacks the powerplay, and was second in team scoring. I guess the legalized weed is stronger than I thought, because a lot of people are coming up with brain dead ideas.
I guess we just magically gonna get good defencemen without trading a good forward right

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
1st move
Trade kapanen and dermott for manson and maybe a pick. Dermott is not a bad d but he's not what leafs need

2nd move trade alex kerfoot and andreas johnsson for prospect/pick

3nd i try to sign someone between tanev, brodie or hamonic

3B, if i can't sign one of those 3, i look via trade market for maybe a hjalmarsson, devon toews or someone lime that.

Hyman-matthews-marner
Mikheyev-tavares-nylander
Robertson-engvall-barabanov/bracco
Brooks/gauthier/spezza
Or other ufa at low price

Rielly/(tanev as exemple)
Muzzin/Manson
Sandin or Lehtonen/holl

We need that kind of D. Top4 is more important for the leafs than a 10M 3rd line unable to contribute on scoring sheet during playoff.

The forward looks a lot worse than now, having said that, the BIG 4 must play in 3 different lines in order to provide more depth scoring.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
wil be funny if marner gets moved and wins elsewhere
Kind of like Phil. It happens.
Would be more funny if Marner and Willie have career seasons after getting traded. Their fans constantly posting here saying it was a mistakes trading them away but Leafsnation get the last laugh as Leafs win the Cup

Last edited:
Reactions: FlareKnight

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Mikheyev is trash. Never seen a softer Russian in my life. Usually every Russian has a bit of that mother Russia grit in them. Guy would try to pass even if he had an empty net in front of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad