Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXVI: The End (The Apocalypse Is Now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Dubinsky suckeddddddd that year, the worst year of his career, what a shame. I was expecting him to take another step in his development and go 30 goals/60 points, him regressing by 20 points killed us, and left us no choice but to trade him for Nash. How different things would have gone otherwise.

That was such a fun year too, and that west coast trip early in the season where McDonagh exploded onto the season was like the happiest time of my life (I was a senior in college so the last hurrah)

I don't understand why having one down season means that you have to be traded. Dubinsky scored at a ~50 point pace for the next five seasons before inevitably regressing.

I hated that trade from day 1, and still don't like it today.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I never hated a series we won more than this one.

Should have been swept.

Ottawa was an awful matchup for us and an underrated 8 seed. They also were stacked with young talent.

Karlsson, Foligno, Turris, Zib, Lehner, Bishop, Hoffman, Stone, Cowen, Greening, Smith, Silfverberg.

Damn. Didnt Alfredsson get hurt too because of a cheap shot from Boyle?

Last edited:

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Ottawa was an awful matchup for us and an underrated 8 seed. They also were stacked with young talent.

Karlsson, Foligno, Turris, Zib, Lehner, Bishop, Hoffman, Stone, Cowen, Greening, Smith, Silfverberg.

Damn.

I'm still fuming at that Chris Neil kick-in goal in game 6 that the refs didn't call back. Absolutely livid.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
It’s crazy but guys like Kreider, Fast and (looongshot) Lundqvist might have played their last games as Rangers.

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
Thinking about the playoffs and regarding kreider, i just dont think gorton will do another sell off, at least not completely. What i rlly hope happens is we see a three team trade that nets us a top six winger with the assets recovered from the kreider deal, along with an add. Prospects are great, but theyre prospects. Its pretty clear that its mostly a crapshoot when it comes to predicting future success, at least initially. Some flame out, some explode, and i think gorton has done enough of a good job where we can do more trades, with some firepower. Expect us to add this summer; even with pending contracts needing to be renegotiated. With that being said, also expect brendan smith to ott after july 1st. Can someone do a cap analysis for the summer? Itll prob paint a better picture of what to expect. Regarding skjei, i dont think hes traded this deadline. As inconsistent and dumb he can be, thats all we got, and we wont be able to replace him with the current crop, theyre not ready yet (the prospects) thats the wierd thing about this rebuild, it stops being a rebuild and now were stuck in a purgatory where i have no idea what the f*** is going to happen. Its exciting, lgr!

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
It’s crazy but guys like Kreider, Fast and (looongshot) Lundqvist might have played their last games as Rangers.

I don't think Hank goes, he'll want somewhat of a last one at MSG even if it isn't official, and I think they could oblige that.

I've already pulled down my seasons for that last home game. Been thinking for a while that is his last game and there is a 0% chance I will not be in the building for that.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ

Should have been swept.

That team was run down so hard playing how Torts wanted them to play, had nothing left by the time they got to the Devils series. If you watch the Senators game 3 highlights after the final horn, it goes to Boyle, Prust and Fedotenko all looking like they were about to pass out.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

Alfredsson was concussed by Hagelin but played the next game. Hagelin was suspended, that’s why Kreider made his debut.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
That team was run down so hard playing how Torts wanted them to play, had nothing left by the time they got to the Devils series. If you watch the Senators game 3 highlights after the final horn, it goes to Boyle, Prust and Fedotenko all looking like they were about to pass out.

Yep, we had the Devils the first 3 games but after that we had nothing left in the tank and that stupid line of Gionta-Carter-Bernier swarmed us. Classic Rangers to get burnt by a 4th line of no name scrubs

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
The devils saved us from being hellaciously sodomized against that Kings team in 2012. I think they did us a favor.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Hagelin, actually.

They went after Boyle because he was bullying Karlsson.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Should have been swept.
Those whole playoffs were a mess coaching wise. I've never seen a team play so conservatively in my life.

A lot of it had to do with personnel. A bunch of grinders that somehow got the divison.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Those whole playoffs were a mess coaching wise. I've never seen a team play so conservatively in my life.

A lot of it had to do with personnel. A bunch of grinders that somehow got the divison.
That somehow is Swedish and does commercials.

Reactions: Cassano

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Kreider staying never seemed plausible, especially after signing Trouba and Panarin to ridiculously long contracts. Even before those signings, their letting go Zucc and Hayes last year, didn't make any case stronger that they might resign CK. I just hope Fast and Strome stays. We don't want the TDL to break up both of our two top lines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad