Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXVI: The End (The Apocalypse Is Now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
@HockeyBasedNYC - From the last thread:

I mean young as in maybe a 24/25/26 year old. Not a guy on an ELC or who they plan on building around.

I still like the idea, I was being silly.

We shouldn’t rule out a double move like that whether they have time to pull it off tomorrow or around the draft and/or including other pieces to land such player.

JDJG know they are headed into the second or third phase of the rebuild/build now and they need to fill some roster gaps with younger established players who fit into their model, lineup and have term, ideally one that is staggered correctly on their cap chart.

Reactions: Trxjw

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Guiranov would look nice with Panarin setting him up

PERFECT fit for the PP and the right wall.

I'd even add to Kreider to get quality back.

Me too, I doubt it but if there is a larger deal to be made... still probably not, yet that would qualify as something that could make sense.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Just really glad it's all going to be over tomorrow.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Guys Mike Commodore does the same thing every deadline as a joke he is not a valid source

Looks pretty serious to me
ept_sports_nhl_experts-119314061-1224481023.jpg

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Haven't heard any rumors about Skjei at all.

Why is he considered part of the core moving forward but Kreider isn't?
He was listed on TSN trade bait for a bit

He isn't part of the core imo

Anyone that wouldn't be protected in the expansion draft isn't a part of the core; and right now I think the 3 D protected would be Trouba, Deangelo, Lindgren

Edge has also talked quite a bit about potential Skjei trade

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Well when you throw enough shit against the wall...
He does have some sources, but he is purposefully making stuff up a lot with no foundation because he is mocking hockey insiders and media, he also thinks it is funny to troll fanbases. He is just a bored loser

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
That was a hell of a meat and potatoes hard working hockey team. Adds to the sad feels that Hank will likely not get to win a cup here.

Dubinsky suckeddddddd that year, the worst year of his career, what a shame. I was expecting him to take another step in his development and go 30 goals/60 points, him regressing by 20 points killed us, and left us no choice but to trade him for Nash. How different things would have gone otherwise.

That was such a fun year too, and that western Canada trip early in the season where McDonagh exploded onto the season was like the happiest time of my life (I was a senior in college so the last hurrah) and I was so sure we were going to win a Cup very soon and #24 would one day hang from the MSG rafters.

Hagelin's first goal, the sick Callahan OT goal against Buffalo and his hat trick against the Flyers, Richards last second winner in PHX, the Winter Classic, the game against the Canes where Avery went coast to coast then top shelf and then scored 2 other goals like in a minute, the line brawl against the Devils, Kreider's first goal sparking the Game 6 victory in Ottawa to bring it home for Game 7, the triple OT Gaborik goal, so many happy memories.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->