Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXV: Calm Before the Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
They do??? From what i've read they would love to pull the wool over someone's eyes to take him for something
There's probably two factions with very different opinions. Like our fanbase and Buch.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
this is the first deadline that i've been torn...I don't want to trade kreider. hell I wish we could keep fast too...thats my heart talking, my brain knows what needs to be done and I believe completely that JG & JD will make the tough call and sell sticking with the big picture

Last edited:

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
i don't either but to be fair we also have heard much about fast either in terms of trade rumors or contract talks...mostly just assuming he'll be moved cause he's a ufa.

there are still 7th round picks that we don't own and i have faith that mckegg could return one of the remaining ones
Let's accumulate all 7th round picks and flip them all at the draft for one top 10 OA pick. :sarcasm:

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I think it makes sense tbh.

Doesn't mean that it would happen, but it makes sense. Trochek hasn't been the same since getting hurt, but there is bounce back potential there and even in his current state, he isn't overpaid.

He's been better this year than any previous years. It's just once they got Hoffman he went off PP1 and he's really good on the PP so his overall numbers tanked.

Reactions: Blue Blooded

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Been saying Jost is bad now for months. Not changing mind now. Would be furious if he was part of the return. No reason to force Kreider to Colorado for a guy like that.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He's been better this year than any previous years. It's just once they got Hoffman he went off PP1 and he's really good on the PP so his overall numbers tanked.
Does he play PP1 for the Rangers though? Why get him if he is going to have the same problem. Especially after his injuries.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Been saying Jost is bad now for months. Not changing mind now. Would be furious if he was part of the return. No reason to force Kreider to Colorado for a guy like that.

part of the return as in the 3rd piece then it is fine...but as a key part coming back no way

Reactions: NYRangers16

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
part of the return as in the 3rd piece then it is fine...but as a key part coming back no way
Well teams know Gorton is against the clock now. He waited WAY too long to try and sign Kreider. They will tell Gorton to take it or have Kreider walk for nothing on July 1st.

I'm not expecting much back more than a 1st and ok prospect. Hayes deal could end up being better than what we get for Kreider if we trade him.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Is that realistic though? Especially with Sakic at the helm

no but I also have no interest in trading with the avs anyway since other than newhook who I know isn't available none of their other prospects move the needle.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Is Jost worth a 1st rounder?
I thought he was decent in the playoffs last year at spots but could he really fetch a first? I know he was highly touted but he he has scoed 2 goals in 56 games and 5 in 57. 2 goals in 56 games!!! I mean thats pretty horrible territory especially on one of the better offensive teams in the league

Reactions: Cassano

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Well teams know Gorton is against the clock now. He waited WAY too long to try and sign Kreider. They will tell Gorton to take it or have Kreider walk for nothing on July 1st.

I'm not expecting much back more than a 1st and ok prospect. Hayes deal could end up being better than what we get for Kreider if we trade him.

which was going to be the return all along...

Reactions: DutchShamrock

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Does he play PP1 for the Rangers though? Why get him if he is going to have the same problem. Especially after his injuries.

He's not bad at 5v5. He's just also really good on the PP and since he's not there now he's more of a 50 point player than the 70+ point player he was one year. And I would say yes he would be there for the Rangers over Strome and certainly if Kreider gets dealt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->