Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXV: Calm Before the Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Brooks has consistently said that Kreider had to be signed or traded. He, nor any other responsible source, has ever advocated keeping Kreider as a self rental. I think it is possible that Fast, might (stress might) be kept as a self rental if he is not signed and the Rangers don’t get an offer that includes at least a second.

Reactions: RGY

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Reactions: Michal

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
Who will replace Fast in the lineup if he gets traded? Think Kravtsov could make some noise with the big club.

Reactions: Michal

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If the Rangers are thinking about shipping Kreider and/or Fast tomorrow, they should look at claiming a body up front. I don't want to deplete Hartford, and they are probably going to use most of their post-deadline callups on making young players AHL playoff eligible.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I don't think the Rangers would be too keen on trading Skjei for Trocheck. Not unless they plan to flip him or move Strome. The Rangers could probably re-up Strome for 3 years with the same number Trocheck is making now. Perhaps even a bit less.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
So you think we’d just play one of our scratched forwards?

It's hard to say. We need to see all the deals that we make. Maybe we trade Fast for Jost, or a similar player, and that player takes his place. Maybe Gorton has another prospect for prospect swap up his sleeve and will promote the new player, a la Gauthier.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Roster building includes from within. We should be able to discuss the progress of players that stand to be called up this season to fill a roster spot.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Have you watched him play ? Besides obvious skating / athleticism nowhere near ready . Does not look very instinctual or comfortable dojng anything but pushing the puck up ice by skating . Someone mentioned he defends the rush well . I’ve watched some Wisconsin And the tournaments and all I saw was a project at this point. Another year at UW and then finish season in AHL on PTO is the likely timeline

He is still fairly new to defense in all fairness. I'd guess a year in the AHL first.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
his name has been tossed around alot...would only make sense if you are dealing strome. and aside from faceoffs and likely a slightly cheaper contract since he has a few years left, its at best a lateral move. so unless you are simply selling high on strome and getting a great return I'm not sure he makes sense

Trocheck hasnt been the same since his injury, this would be a gamble at best, you have a player who has chemistry with Panarin and you are trading him for a question mark. There is a reason he is available.

Reactions: Leetch3

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
So you think we’d just play one of our scratched forwards?

that depends on who gets traded and who is brought back...with haley hurt, the only spare forward is mckegg and smith if you move him back to wing. considering that we have 3 pending ufas (fast, kreider and mckegg) on the way out, if they return futures we won't have a choice but to call someone up

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
that depends on who gets traded and who is brought back...with haley hurt, the only spare forward is mckegg and smith if you move him back to wing. considering that we have 3 pending ufas (fast, kreider and mckegg) on the way out, if they return futures we won't have a choice but to call someone up
Don't think McKegg is generating a lot of interest.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Don't think McKegg is generating a lot of interest.

i don't either but to be fair we also have heard much about fast either in terms of trade rumors or contract talks...mostly just assuming he'll be moved cause he's a ufa.

there are still 7th round picks that we don't own and i have faith that mckegg could return one of the remaining ones

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Continuing the conversation in the last thread, I doubt Buffalo would trade Eichel unless he demands a trade. If he did, I don’t think we’d get him without trading Kakko. He’s easily a top 10 player both in terms of play and value at 23. Guys like that don’t get traded. Would have to be something crazy like Kakko, ADA, Chytil and a 1st and honestly that might be worth it. An offense with Eichel, Panarin, and Zibanejad as the anchors can win the cup with a mediocre supporting cast and we’d be better than that with Buchnevich, Kravtsov etc
I said it weeks ago when Buffalo was faceplating big time. I’d make that trade, but even though it’s a huge return Buffalo fans would riot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->