Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXV: Calm Before the Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Trochek is a center and a pretty damn good one.

Adding him gives you every reason in the world to move Strome this offseason.
Eh, he was. I'm very skeptical of him since the injury. This is back to back seasons now he has had a "down" year.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Do you think K'Andre Miller will be ready for nhl in October?
probably not. He may make the jump to pro but to count on him wouldn't be the smartest decision. But odds go up when you only need 1 from Rykov, Hajek, Miller, Robertson, Jones, Reunanen etc

We really just need another Lindgren to step up. Doesn't have to be an offensive dynamo

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Trochek became a dad in 2018... he seems extremely family oriented... wonder if that affected his training.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Screenshot_20200223-133933_Chrome.jpg

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
You fool. I'm timing my gym visit this afternoon for ~2:30pm. Get back sometime between 4 and 5, when we should start to hear the new trickle of rumors and perhaps a couple of the "wanted to get this out of the way before tomorrow" deals. :)

I just got back from my workout and not a damn thing is going on other than some rumor about the Avs and Chicago discussing Saad.

So weird. Things had been trending in recent years to have most of the moves made before the deadline. It looked like it would continue like this earlier this week. Maybe tomorrow will be interesting after all.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
No he doesn’t...reread the article.

This article yes. Past articles no.

And I dont read his articles anymore. He is moronic in his takes. I used to like reading him bc he had inside info. Now he doesnt and just writes articles for clicks

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Won't be a happy camper if Kreider is dealt for Jost.
Better have a lot of picks attached to him along with someone like Kaut or Beaucage.
Jost would be like trading for a slower and banged up Lias Andersson.

Reactions: bl02

Tossed Medal

Jan 23, 2020
Do you think K'Andre Miller will be ready for nhl in October?
Have you watched him play ? Besides obvious skating / athleticism nowhere near ready . Does not look very instinctual or comfortable dojng anything but pushing the puck up ice by skating . Someone mentioned he defends the rush well . I’ve watched some Wisconsin And the tournaments and all I saw was a project at this point. Another year at UW and then finish season in AHL on PTO is the likely timeline

Reactions: Michal

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Jost's wheels are pretty good.

He's a tertiary piece for me though. I'd MUCH rather have him than Kamanev who is straight up waiver wire material.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Won't be a happy camper if Kreider is dealt for Jost.
Better have a lot of picks attached to him along with someone like Kaut or Beaucage.
Jost would be like trading for a slower and banged up Lias Andersson.
Avs fans love Jost and would be disappointed to see him go but there is too much depth in front of him to get a real chance.

Michal

Apr 12, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Have you watched him play ? Besides obvious skating / athleticism nowhere near ready . Does not look very instinctual or comfortable dojng anything but pushing the puck up ice by skating . Someone mentioned he defends the rush well . I’ve watched some Wisconsin And the tournaments and all I saw was a project at this point. Another year at UW and then finish season in AHL on PTO is the likely timeline

I have watched him only at WJC. That was very small sample (and not very impressive). That's why I asked. Thanks for the answer.

Reactions: Tossed Medal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad