Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXV: Calm Before the Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
These things usually happen when I'm busy so I just ran up and down the stairs in my building twice (I live on the 34th floor.)

Not only do I feel like I'm going to puke blood, but NOTHING IS HAPPENING.
I don’t expect much today. Seems like a Gorton is gonna take this to tomorrow rightly or wrongly. Obviously this will change if CK and Gorton can agree or at least get close

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Brooks made a great point today, if the Rangers and Kreider can’t agree on a contract, they have no choice but to trade him. As much as it will hurt.

And it will hurt. To my eyes, Kreider is the de facto captain of the team. With the impending departures of Henrik, Staal and the possible losses of Strome and Fast in the next year or two, that doesn’t leave a lot of adults in the room. Young teams need leadership. Mika can’t do it himself.

I continue to hope, as I have all year, that the Rangers find a way to sign Kreider. The opportunity cost of not signing him is massive.

Brooks is an idiot. This was a give in from the beginning of the season with krieder. We are still a rebuilding team. Keeping him as a self rental would be a moronic move.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don’t expect much today. Seems like a Gorton is gonna take this to tomorrow rightly or wrongly. Obviously this will change if CK and Gorton can agree or at least get close

In general nothing has happened.

We usually see SOME activity, usually something pretty significant, the day before.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
move Skjei for prospects (I like Lindgren better, and Miller is coming) he's got term, sign Kreider with most of the money Skjei s making? I'm not as high on Skjei as I once was

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Hopefully we are finalizing a deal with Krieder right now and are finishing deals for Strome and Skjei for futures. Henrik can retire and have his number retired on opening day.
They will not be trading Skjei and Strome for futures. Certainly not both. These guys are still young. They will be moved in hockey trades if anything. Maybe Strome goes for a pick and prospect, but that prospect will likely be close to the NHL

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I would actually like us to package Smith with prospects/picks just to get rid of his salary for next year. Say Smith and Gettinger or Smith and a 3rd for some garbage prospect who is not going to effect any more than our 50 contract limit. For instance Smith back to Detroit can still play at the NHL level (better at defense than forward though) for them and Gettinger might actually be able to give them 4th line minutes next year.....and they have the cap space.
This has a good chance of happening, especially after July 1st. He'd be owed $2.35M.

Reactions: eco's bones

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
They will not be trading Skjei and Strome for futures. Certainly not both. These guys are still young. They will be moved in hockey trades if anything. Maybe Strome goes for a pick and prospect, but that prospect will likely be close to the NHL
My point was to not take to much salary back. Cheap players who have their best hockey ahead of them too but whose contract figures would allow for a kreider extension.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Skjei for Trocheck

Kreider Zibs Buch
Panarin Strome Trochek
Lemieux Chytil Kakko

or

Kreider Zibs Buch
Panarin Chytil Strome
Lemieux Trochek Kakko

not bad but left side of the defense would be 'unfavorable to say the least.. but tbh... Skjei is so hit or miss... 1 out of 5 games he's playing like 2016 Skjei... the rest seems as if he's working off a drunken escapade

Hajek/Rykov/Smith Trouba
Staal ADA
Lindgren Fox

Reactions: NYRangers16 and RGY

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
These things usually happen when I'm busy so I just ran up and down the stairs in my building twice (I live on the 34th floor.)

Not only do I feel like I'm going to puke blood, but NOTHING IS HAPPENING.
You fool. I'm timing my gym visit this afternoon for ~2:30pm. Get back sometime between 4 and 5, when we should start to hear the new trickle of rumors and perhaps a couple of the "wanted to get this out of the way before tomorrow" deals. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->