HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
dreger got beaned
284.png

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I'm guessing his name is at least in discussions, if sources connected enough for Dreger to report it thought that.

Reactions: RGY

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I'm guessing his name is at least in discussions, if sources connected enough for Dreger to report it thought that.

Sounds a lot like the Hawks want him in a Saad deal if this is the case. His name is out there in rumors with teams that are in on Kreider and Palmieri.

While I don't think he's better than Shesty, he'd be a hell of a pull in a trade for Saad. Hawks really need a goalie and don't really have one for the future.

Reactions: Thirty One

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
I would feel excellent about the long term health of their forward pool if they managed to get one of Lafrieniere, Byfield, Raymond, Holtz, Stutzle, or Rossi in this draft. To a lesser extent, Lundell, who I see more as a Stepan-caliber center (though not style, just in terms of overall quality). And obviously some of those names are way more unlikely than others.

I would identify and build around Kakko/Kravtsov/Chytil/rookie/Panarin/Zibanejad as my long term top-6, with the understanding also that Panarin and Zibanejad are going to age-out at some point while Kakko and company are still able to compete for championships, therefore, obviously I'm still long-term hunting for another player or two for my top-6, but if I have to ride on pairings of, say, Kakko-Chytil on a top line and Kravtsov-rookie on a second line, I feel confident that that's the core of two lines that can carry the team to the Finals when those players are 27 years old-ish.

Kreider just doesn't fit in this time-line for me as a top-liner at $7m. I don't think he's capable of being a line-driver like Kakko projects to be. I am expecting Kravtsov and Chytil to develop into at least Kreider-equivalents, I'm hoping a good bit more than him actually (say, 60-70 point players instead of 45-55 point players).

This has nothing to do with Kreider because in your scenario he's gone and you've replaced him with a player drafted in the top 10. I'm just trying to get a sense of when you think this team is ready for prime-time because Kakko and rookie being 27ish is like 8-9 years away.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
It would be interesting to see what Namestnikov can return for Ottawa in the context of range of what either Strome (especially) or Fast could fetch.

Reactions: bl02

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Anyone think a Skjei trade to Carolina could work? Hurricanes are looking for a dman with Dougie out.

Not that it wouldn't work, but I don't think we've seen any substantive rumors involving Skjei (or for that matter any of the other guys we thought could be moved this deadline including Strome, Fast, Lundqvist, or Georgiev). It seems like they're only actively shopping Kreider at this point and only to the extent they can't nail down an extension.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Not that it wouldn't work, but I don't think we've seen any substantive rumors involving Skjei (or for that matter any of the other guys we thought could be moved this deadline including Strome, Fast, Lundqvist, or Georgiev). It seems like they're only actively shopping Kreider at this point and only to the extent they can't nail down an extension.
Seems like Fast would fall into the actively shopping category as well, though it's weird we haven't heard any specific teams. Though McKenzie said the Rangers would expect a 2nd and maybe a little more.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Even though Dreger jumped the gun my money is still on Sorokin being moved before Monday

Don’t think he ever plays a game as an Islander

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Dreger doesn’t report stuff like that and miss often. That’s gotta be going down soon.

Imagine waiting for Shesterkin all this time only to trade his rights at 24 lol.

brutal for the isles. What are they going to do add Saad to that trash heap? They’re going nowhere with tons of guys on long term deals too

Reactions: RGY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->