Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXIII: 33rd thread twds the line of dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
That’s why they wont pay a kings ransom for a rental. I know people think we are gonna get a shitload for CK but that’s not reality. The reality is a very late first and maybe a decent prospect /bottom 6 player
If Colorado doesn’t want to pay that doesn’t mean the Rangers settle. They need major help in a lot of areas so if they don’t want to pay to get it, they can certainly be an also-ran like a lot of other teams.

Reactions: egelband

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
As great as a first rounder would be, the prospect is the most important part in the deal at this point.

I would forego any and all picks including firsts if it meant we were getting back a legit “top prospect”.

The problem, is does Jeff has a dance partner?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Lehkonen scratched for Montreal ... good target
Very good target. Dont think he fits our roster makeup moving forward. Maybe if they trade Strome, then bump Chytil up to 2C, opening up the 3C. This way we dont get stuck with Howden being promoted.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
It’s too bad Boston doesnt have a better prospect or two, because they are the closest to going all in out of all of the teams interested

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Colorado would most likely be a Timmins, Kaut, or Kamenev plus a 1st and a conditional pick on resigning.

Anyone who thinks Byram is coming back is going to be disappointed.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Colorado would most likely be a Timmins, Kaut, or Kamenev plus a 1st and a conditional pick on resigning.

Anyone who thinks Byram is coming back is going to be disappointed.

I still think Boston ends up paying a price higher than they want to. Something like 1st + Heinen + Vakaneinen + Conditional 2nd (becomes a 3rd if he doesn’t sign with Boston)

So the Rangers get a good LD prospect and a NHL player

Reactions: Barnaby

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Lol at 34% PP.

They're better than some of the teams there chasing but there is still a sizeable chasm between them and the top teams in the league.

Since Jan 7th here are the teams they've beaten.

COL
NJLOL
NYIx2
DETx2
TOR
LA
WPG
MIN
CBJ
CHI

They have 3 wins against teams currently in a playoff spot, 2 of them against the Isles who are falling fast. I mean you play who you play and they've played well. This isn't a gang of pushovers, but they havent exactly been slaughtering the 70's Canadiens.

Dallas, Boston and STL are the 3 best teams they've played in this stretch, lost all 3.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Wouldn’t even trade him if the package doesn’t include a top prospect.
I think it’s mainly semantics by Friedman. I’m still expecting a return that’s a slight notch above Hayes, but I’m becoming less and less certain that they’re actually moving him.

I’m going to guess we get radio silence until Sunday since Gorton is probably dedicating most of his time talking to Keator.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Then they don't get him.

If the isles want him they need to pay through the nose.

Unfortunately i dont think management cares about trading him to a rival, unlike fans. Business is business. If the Isles offer is marginally better than Boston’s then they will trade him to the Isles.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad